test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180108.4 - Decorative Tights/Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Misc
  • Added Decorative Tights costume set to the debugger.
  • Fixed a bug where the mod exchange store on Fixer was not displaying.
  • The changes to Kigatilik's hounds ai should super duper be working now.
  • Boost bubbles that drop off of enemies will now reset their duration instead of adding to their duration when multiples of the same type are picked up. This is being changed to prevent situations where players could stack these up to a lengthy duration.
​​

Comments

• kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

The changes to Kigatilik's hounds ai should super duper be working now.​​

Excited to test this out.
    kaizerin said:

Boost bubbles that drop off of enemies will now reset their duration instead of adding to their duration when multiples of the same type are picked up. This is being changed to prevent situations where players could stack these up to a lengthy duration.

Awe ok. I found that having a long bonus made things interesting in that it made death more consequential, but I guess that could be done in other ways.

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

• Added Decorative Tights costume set to the debugger.
    • Fixed a bug where the mod exchange store on Fixer was not displaying.
    • The changes to Kigatilik's hounds ai should super duper be working now.
    • Boost bubbles that drop off of enemies will now reset their duration instead of adding to their duration when multiples of the same type are picked up. This is being changed to prevent situations where players could stack these up to a lengthy duration.
    ​​
    I'm not sure why its worth bothering. Yes, it was possible to get 10+ minutes at Kiga because of the dog bubble spam, but it wasn't terribly useful even there and the dogs should be fixed.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    In my opinions of the new tights.
    1) Upper Legs need the pattern to flow either down from torso or up from lower legs. (from waist to knee is mostly solid)
    2) The Masks needs the pattern to go up the sides and back (Pattern looks like it just ends where mask starts. Torso pattern goes up front/sides/back and just stops where mask starts.

As is I most likely will pass on it.

• stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    I'm curious why your doing the forced embossing on the tights patterns? It really limits the use and value of the tights.​​

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

I'm curious why your doing the forced embossing on the tights patterns? It really limits the use and value of the tights.​​

QFT. It would be great if this was optional.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    OKAY...I am going to try and make this as detailed as possible to explain how mask and face paint should work.

Pattern-
    a pattern that goes over the skin, which should react to the the facial details. It should NOT override any current detail (eg. Injured Pattern...this should be a facial detail)

Details-
    The details on the face of your hero. These details range from angry to old.

Partial Mask-
    A layER of clothing that goes over the face design. Currently CO has it where all faces are defaulted to a basic look and you lose all facial details and patterns. Partial Mask should work like the luchador set or be a type of head wear.

Full Mask-
    Simple fabric that covers the head. Facial patterns and details are not relevant here as the design play with the scales more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now...the issue with this set....
    Bug: Diffuse Stubble disappears under this option
    Meet Ornate, it is under Head Type and works like a PATTERN. It changes from cloth, leather and metal...and does not effect the skin. This is good. However, it is not a mask. It should go under PATTERNS.

What I believe was the intent was to make this a mask. Reason I think this is because you lose the pattern option and get a new type of DETAIL. It is on the right path but it works like a PATTERN, which means...
    that the facial DETAILS interact with the PATTERN. These designs work best as a PARTIAL MASK and should work like a PARTIAL MASK and should not be interfering with the facial DETAILS.

Linework is in the same section and doesn't even get a DETAILED option. So I am confused on the direction these mask/patterns are going.

Suggestion: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Make all these mask and or patterns work like a luchador mask, allow Patterns and details and diffuse to all be seen, UNDER the costume piece. Not on it.

ON TO THE TIGHTS.

All of the new tights (except Firewing) have a built in detail, which means you are stuck with the edges they want. This can be fine...but should be optional. The details of the tight do not have to be built into the set, it can be optional so you can either use it or use Jumpsuit 01 Details, for example.

The details on the tights are a little off. For instance,

The darker one is using a diffuse and looks better (but is of course darker), the lines seemed jagged on the non-diffuse and need to be cleaned up better.

more examples:

HOWEVER:

This one was perfect, so use this as an example of how the connecting designs should look.

SIDE NOTE:

The classic hero look has been needed and these tights are going into the right direction. The locations and usage do need to be cleared up however to allow optimal customization. With the addition of the last mask set and these tights, we thank you.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    As people have noted, making the embossing on by default hurts the usability of the tights though they otherwise seem to be working well.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    zamuelpwe said:

As people have noted, making the embossing on by default hurts the usability of the tights though they otherwise seem to be working well.

Apart from all the points that Ratty (the post before your last one) brought up concerning them.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
This discussion has been closed.