test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rock Vendor

Hi all Champions,

I have a question about Rock Vendor items. In the Rock Vendor window i saw that all items need 6 different types of rocks in order to be bought.
I have collected 4 types of those (orange, yellow, blue and green). What are the last two i missed and where or when (events) you can find these?

Thank you

(P.S: i made a forum search before, but i cannot find the information i search)

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    White and Purple.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tarkgurotarkguro Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thank you for reply, flyingfinn, and do you know where those rocks can be farmed and if i have to wait a specific event? Cause i never seen purple and white rocks selled in auction house.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I think all the Rocks are Event related now.
    Can't recall which from what.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tarkgurotarkguro Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ok, thank you :)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Purple might be from Nightmare invasion.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Gold(Legendary) Rock is from Anniversary Event
    Purple Rock is Nightmare Invasion
    Blue Rock is Winter Event
    Yellow Rock is Bloodmoon
    Green Rock is Foxbatcon
    White Rock is a rare drop from ANYTHING in the game.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 670 Arc User
    What do you get from the rock vender?
    Four items:
    Soft Rock; vanity device; 15 each(probably crafting skill 100+)
    Pet Rock; AF; 25 each(probably crafting skill 200+)
    Throw rock; device, does a little crushing damage; 35 each and crafting skill 300+
    Attack Rock; combat pet; 75 each and crafting skill 400+
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Note to self: grind crafting on my rock based characters. Wish I thought of that when Takofanes mods were dropping like rain.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Buy crafting skill ups from the AH. Seem to run about 10G per (which is +10 crafting). Grinding 10g is a lot faster then grinding +10 crafting via searching mods and fusion.
    You must suck at finding mod nodes if you can't find them faster than it takes to get 10g from alerts.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

You must suck at finding mod nodes if you can't find them faster than it takes to get 10g from alerts.

Grinding from 300-400 takes a while, particularly since the mod nodes with +1 skill don't exist.
    edited January 2018
    Well, even if you can't get 400 from nodes, you can get 400 by fusing things you get from nodes. I was gonna try testing this today, but then I realized I don't have any characters between 300 and 400 crafting skill.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Well, even if you can't get 400 from nodes, you can get 400 by fusing things you get from nodes.

This also takes a while. The chance of getting a skill-up from fusing is quite low in the 300-400 range.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

Well, even if you can't get 400 from nodes, you can get 400 by fusing things you get from nodes.

This also takes a while. The chance of getting a skill-up from fusing is quite low in the 300-400 range.
    That's why I was lamenting not dealing with this during Blood Moon. Fusing the Takofanes mods seemed to almost guarantee a skill up.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    10G is 3 alerts. I can run 3 alerts faster then running around looking for nodes, and hoping that searching actually skills up by 1. (or gathering 5 matching to fuse, and again hoping for the skill up. )
    Actually saw someone selling crafting up for 5G each. Bought 30 for 150G. Instant boom to 300+, no stress.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    If you take Mysticism as your skill, you can farm tier 4 nodes in the Elder Worm parts of Monster Island, and raise your crafting skill to 400.

Only Mysticism has tier 4 nodes. They droop R4 mods and 7% cats.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • theigmotheigmo Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Grinding from 300-400 takes a while, particularly since the mod nodes with +1 skill don't exist.

Nodes that consistently gave skill ups in the 300 - 400 range used to spawn in the UNTIL missions (notably the Q-energy node), but I believe the nodes in Vibora also give +1 skill in the 300 - 400 range.

If you take Mysticism as your skill, you can farm tier 4 nodes in the Elder Worm parts of Monster Island, and raise your crafting skill to 400.

Only Mysticism has tier 4 nodes. They droop R4 mods and 7% cats.

This reminded me that in the UNTIL 2 building, there are 3 mysticism nodes around the QWZ portal that are super easy high-level nodes.

Vibora Bay nodes top out at Tier 3.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

Vibora Bay nodes top out at Tier 3.

Mmm... Not so sure there. Mod nodes have several aspects that seem to have been independently programmed. For example; many nodes that require Science or Mysticism actually grant mod of the OTHER mod type. Seriously. for an easy example try downtown MC. It's not the only one, but it's one. I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to recall when grinding my way to 400 Arms that despite getting rank 3 mods from Vibora arms nodes that I did sometimes get skill ups. Also, I'm pretty sure some of the Vibora Arms nodes need 300+ skill to interact with.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Ah--I have never seen a tier 4 Arms node in VB, but my Arms toons don't really go there.
    Still, I would be surprised, as I haven't seen any tier 4 nodes other than Mysticism anywhere else in the game.

Well, it's possible that those on MI are the only ones that actually drop rank 4 mods. Like I said, I never got any rank 4 mods in Vibora. But I'm not sure if this is because the nodes aren't rank 4, or because the nodes are bugged to give the wrong stuff.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters