test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Creepy Perk Detective Thread

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Maybe the destroyed habitat dome in Lemuria?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2017

- Some walls can lock you in
    - Some walls do not prevent you to enter

Any idea other than prisons and cybermind alert ?

First thing that comes to mind is the Vibora hedge maze, which is surrounded by walls to keep you inside so you can't cheat, but... yeah, I have to assume that's like one of the most heavily-inspected areas for creepie things already.

My friend suggested the Green Screen room in the Powerhouse tailor; they said they once saw a teddy bear in there, but it was most likely a weird spawning glitch or something.

Is there anything in those Powerhouse Arena fighting rings? The ones that are glassed off?

First thing that comes to mind is the Vibora hedge maze, which is surrounded by walls to keep you inside so you can't cheat, but... yeah, I have to assume that's like one of the most heavily-inspected areas for creepie things already.

Thanks to your inspiration, I spent half an hour or so wandering the maze. I not only figured out how to climb on the hedges but I even figured out how to climb the trees...

The only thing of interest I noticed in the maze is that "Bowii" guy. He disappears whenever enemies spawn in that area much like the Creepies do.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • but bowii's been there since the start, unlike creepies​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited November 2017

My friend suggested the Green Screen room in the Powerhouse tailor; they said they once saw a teddy bear in there, but it was most likely a weird spawning glitch or something.

Teddy in Green Screen room is a weird glitch. It's the same Teddy as the one in Theatre, only sometimes for no reason whatsoever it spawns inside Green Screen room. Kaiserin was surprised both times it happened and had to manually reset it.

but bowii's been there since the start, unlike creepies​​

Unless I'm mistaken, Sammie and her dolls have also been there... yet...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    So has Bowii always had an AF?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    The AF is rewarded by dancing with him. Also doubt it could be a trigger item since it is Bound.
    He is a tribute to the late David Bowie. I think he was added when The Rockbox was released.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited November 2017
    Ah, so mid-range, not new or old.

Also you have to do the specific dance(snake in my case) he does, doing a dance isn't good enough.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Ah, so mid-range, not new or old.

Also you have to do the specific dance(snake in my case) he does, doing a dance isn't good enough.

It's not a specific dance, but I think some dances don't work.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User

Thanks to your inspiration, I spent half an hour or so wandering the maze. I not only figured out how to climb on the hedges but I even figured out how to climb the trees...

The only thing of interest I noticed in the maze is that "Bowii" guy. He disappears whenever enemies spawn in that area much like the Creepies do.
    This was something I was working on for a while before I figured it was a good idea to finish up the Sammy doll hunt (I'm still stuck trying to find Rose)

Several of the branches clip through the forcefield of the maze. The theme of cats with Spiral and Cheshire(ish) make me wonder if something spawns if you get over to those edges.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    I walked along each wall of the maze and there are sections where you can step out but nothing's happened. My next step is to check Cybermind or to wait for the nightmare event for some other possible clue.
    edited November 2017
    The perk text clues have been pretty useless so far. I will likely pursue the other leads more:
    Spiral - he says, "You..." "Travesty..." "Unlikely..." "No..." "Iffy..." and is in a booth called games of chance
    Cheshire - not much here yet, unless it's connected to Spiral somehow
    Sammie - the soaked aura thing
    Eido - I feel that him being a friendly target is very suspect

When comparing old vs new scoreboards, the following are the new entries:
    5800 ame
    5780 raggd

5775 kais
    5151 gdfly
    4980 edict
    4500 acayn
    3705 splos
    3267 crush
    2062 fenny

640 toys
    60 likes

Most of these are dev names, but are they all? We know Fenny Likes Toys (2062, 60, 640) was the entrance to Carl's Gym which led to the trigger for the Fenny creepie. Could some other combination of these entries lead to triggers or hints?
    What is the current dev team? Kaiserin, Edict and Splosion?
    ame -> Ame
    raggd -> ?
    kais -> Kaizerin
    gdfly -> Lady Gadfly
    edict -> Edict
    acayn -> Arkayne
    splos -> Splosions
    crush -> Gentleman Crush
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Well if we're gonna look at the score table, might as well look at the whole thing. (columns swapped to improve readability)

Taco 999999991
    Fangs 10271982 <Is this his birthdate? Oct27, 1982
    Chamr 692117
    Lain 101122
    Roper 21121
    Cman 21120
    Dia 11121
    Monds 10012
    Flaa 9108
    gan 8820

Kel 7809
    Nishi 7621
    Jood 7620
    Blu 7243
    Spy 7218
    Wei 7106
    Ling 7005
    Robo 6418
    Lissa 5956
    Ame 5800
    Raggd 5780

Kais 5775
    Gdfly 5151
    Edict 4980
    Acayn 4500
    Splos 3705
    Crush 3267
    Fenny 2062
    Stdio 2007
    Rmble 2007
    Toys 640
    Likes 60

Some of the names might be people who (like Tacofangs) migrated to STO.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    "Not all walls lock you in"

Anyone looked at the bathroom stalls in the WCOC social instance/ Vibora TV station?

Just spitballing here.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    As i previously pointed out, aside from the new developers being on the score board and the addition of Fenny, Toys, and Likes (which is solved) the only other odd item on the scoreboard is that LISSA's score changed from 5621 to 5956... but expecting anybody to remember the old score, let alone have taken screens of it seems a bit absurd*, so I doubt it means anything.

*Nevermind the fact that I did just that.
    Post edited by n8mcd on
    Was Lissa always above Ame?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

Was Lissa always above Ame?

AME's entry is new, so not always but always since AME was added.
    Hmm is there any significance to the number 5775? Kais chose that for herself didn't she?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    Welp, AotMT got released today, so better start the holiday farming to see what items we can collect
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
    Ok winter patch is here. What theories are out there...what should we collect and try out? I can start:

all the teddy bears must be acquired...
    Taco! device was added to Stockings. Them together with the big snowball device are the only none temporal devices. I recommend holding on to some of them.
  • akaara1akaara1 Posts: 174 Arc User
    I cannot buy another Plush Fenny with my winter charms ... which is not fair. I have to buy one from the AH or try and get one from Clarence. They should change that... or let us use the one we have.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    There's one in the auction for a lousy 50g right now.
    biffsig.jpg
    I was looking at the Rainbow kitten AF and thinking a bizarre thought that Spiral might need it to find it's "body" or something...
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    It a new meshes/texture that Kaizerin always wanted to use. You're going to see a lot more (insert event) cat AF from future events. I wouldn't be surprise if the Cowboy one has a cowboy hat and that it.
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2017

'not all walls lock you out' might be a reference to cybermind and those firewalls

or it could be a reference to a wall somewhere with something special either on it or in front of it - but considering just how many walls there are in the game...​​

Cybermind's firewalls are exactly what I was thinking of. Its the first thing that comes to my mind as walls locking you in. Has anyone tried it yet?

Most of us that have played that alert have just gotten used to the fact that we can't get through them, but what if one of them has been changed so that we can get out now somehow?

The walls coming up and going down are in between a pair of cutscenes, so it'd be simple enough to load something secret outside the walls once they go up and then unload it away once the walls go down.

The hacked-looking #12 Socrates creepy really makes me think this has something to do with him, especially since we weren't supposed to find the later ones so soon.
    People have searched all through Fatal Error and come up with nothing.
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Hacked one is 13, not 12. It was 12 before but that has been corrected.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    I brought a rainbow cat and snowy cat together to Spiral and nothing happened.
    biffsig.jpg
    What 'question' should we ask the cat?
    n8mcd said:

What 'question' should we ask the cat?

Aside from "WTF is going on?" :lol:
    edited January 2018
    transmorging into a kitten did nothing for spiral. Maybe valentines day will have what we need?

I did question Spiral today. I am not sure if his dialogue is random or not. He said iffy twice in a row when I asked him if we were all going to die. Maybe we just need to ask Spiral the right question. I tried using the quotes we have so far, and he said no, iffy, iffy, travesty.
    Post edited by akaara1 on
    We have to ask it a question? Where did that come from?
    biffsig.jpg
    it was just a thought, based on "The cat has the answers."
    Maybe a better question is Who has the questions?
  • flagpole#4268 flagpole Posts: 38 Arc User
    Alright, I've only discovered this whole Creepies perk investigation yesterday, but I've read through all that I could and am hoping to help out as well.

I think UNITY is our best lead so far so I'll probably do some exploration of my own on it. Now, regarding the Creepies in the QWZ. If, like some have already theorized, those four creepies also function as a 'gateway' to get other perks (Teddy for the PHT one, Fenny Doll for Fenny, Sammie for the Socrates one) then I believe Cheshire might be a red herring, in the sense that we shouldn't be looking for a wolf, but a cat (Cheshire Cat is that smiling cat from Alice in Wonderland). If this is the case, then of course we have Spiral, but IIRC, there is also a small kitten on the balcony in Club Caprice, which is where I'm betting things relate.

I'm also gonna check out the Dog Pound, though I doubt I'll find anything.
    I'm wondering about the Ripper AF. Why did Kais make it drop from alerts? Previously it was only able to drop from APs. Then again I also heard it used to be one of the rarest AFs in the game since you have a chance to get it from a boss fight in an AP....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

If this is the case, then of course we have Spiral, but IIRC, there is also a small kitten on the balcony in Club Caprice, which is where I'm betting things relate.

There are 2 other cats aside from the Caprice one. One is on a table right next to Defender and another one is in the AH in a corner together with a dog. They are Smokey, Needle and Vinnie if I'm not mistaken and the dog is Beanie.

I'm wondering about the Ripper AF. Why did Kais make it drop from alerts? Previously it was only able to drop from APs. Then again I also heard it used to be one of the rarest AFs in the game since you have a chance to get it from a boss fight in an AP....

Seeing as how Kaiserin created the Thriller dance perk solely to get more people running into VIbora Bay and stumbling across the creepie clues this might be a good bet.
  • flagpole#4268 flagpole Posts: 38 Arc User
    This seems like so much of a stretch but whatever, you never know. I checked out Smokey, saw that he was kinda facing the direction of the Vehicles building in Ren Cen. Seemed kinda sketchy since you know, smokey, vehicles, mechanics... Anyway, I went inside the Vehicle Training area hoping I'd find something but I got nothing. It kinda seemed like a good place to hide a Creepy hint. I was alone though, so maybe I just missed it. Anyway, never saw any mentions of that training area so I thought it'd be a good shout out.
    has anyone tried the new Fenny AF?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Has anyone tried putting on the Creepy Mask and/or Creepy Horns and talking to the cat?

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

has anyone tried the new Fenny AF?

Tried the Nightmare Fenny, nothing happens. I'm also curious if the super rare Terror Fenny is required. But I doubt it since it's a legendary drop.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    I picked up a terror fenny for 800g... so any ideas?
    biffsig.jpg
    edited February 2018

I picked up a terror fenny for 800g... so any ideas?

Walk up to Fenny in the vb arcade with the AF in your inventory and see if anything happens. Or try spawning the Fenny in the Qzone while the AF is in your inventory. Or try the same but go to the hamper in Carl's Gym that has a Fenny toy.
  • grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    Beanie, Needle, Smokey, and Vinnie.
    Are these names common names for pets in your country ?
    I ask because Beanie, Needle and Smokey also design objects that coincidently exist in co in one form or another:

Beanie is that piece of cloth you put on your head when it's cold: There are several of it in co editor, the most interesting being the grab mask, which is basically a beanie with holes for eyes, and is coincidentally weared by Cheshire, the bad guy from GRAB special alert and is a droppable item.

Needle could design a medical syringe, again there is a lot of devices in co which use a syringe as icon. The most interesting one could be the feline serum which is directly related to cats.

Smokey coul be related to the steam auras which add smoke to your character or the smokestack costume piece (shoulder or back, i do not remember) droppable on clarence. The cheshire cat in QwZ also have an eye aura, not really smoke but something emanating from his eyes. I 'm not sure what this aura is and if it can be used as a clue or trigger.

Vinnie: i do not know about the meaning of that name, my google search about that word didn't give anything interesting.

Several questions :

- I'm not really a regular customer of Caprice club. When inspecting it, i saw a red raptor called "REX" on the dance floor.
    Has this raptor always been here or could it be one of the creepy puzzle part ?

-Did you people heard anything from kaiserin about the MC pets, have we find them all or are there more still undiscovered ?

- We still didn't found yet the link with UNITY, despite frequently running those boring missions and inspecting carefully
    Unity's building neighborhoods.
    One mission related to UNITY is the Nemcon mission.
    A previous post stated that Nemcon has been inspected for creepy clues.
    My question is was it Before or After having triggered Spiral ? Because Spiral only manifest if the fenny perk is completed, so there is good chance next step is only available for players who have spiral available. A lot of dark corners, cells, cages, lava and spikes pools to inspect in that mission.

- Could UNITY not be a hint to the ingame organization, but a hint to how assemble clues ?
    After all the cat is named Spiral, which is also a type of code.
  • beanie, needle and vinnie aren't common cat names in the US, but smokey is very common - most of the charcoal grey cats in america have that name​​
    #LegalizeAwoo