test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does making suggestions actually work?

It seems like they just release what they wish. What suggestions occurred in 2017? I am interested. Certainly there were a few.

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I suggested they changed the winter present color...win
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Suggestions sometimes work, but the suggestion board is not a command board.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Quite a few random parts from the Costume-Request thread seem to have landed their way ingame one way or another. Here's some notable examples:

Oh! Another thing i want (did i mention i am selfish?) is winged boots! or rather, i would like wee wings as foot accessories that can be added to other shoes/boots. A very classic look indeed. Ideally the wings would be flappy when in flight.

IMG 9262 550x

wingedboots

maybe a butterfly version too?
    cb576455257c49ebc00eb7e829c9107f

To go with the bags above, to flesh out more belt items;

Leather bags for the waist;

a64cf636ad90cee9940c06f4870cd8f9.jpg

c92b9456aa23f50e541b00cf145d4389.jpgx354-q80.jpg36185885cefa2c29320395954af9309b.jpg

Spell book that can be worn on the hip or back hip;

spellbook_2_by_kreativlink.jpg

Also spell scrolls for the back of the waist;

1002-egyptian-scroll-028-450x299.jpg​​

(I still haven't unlocked the sidebag, since it's on an overpriced sidekick device...)

imageimageimage
    imageimageimage

That aside, I know they read this forum occasionally.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    ^^Ok so they do listen. Cool. That is all I wanted to know, if they even read the forums. This is just the only game I played where devs are not active in the suggestion thread. I don't want "Commands," just a sense that they care about the community's input.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

This is just the only game I played where devs are not active in the suggestion thread.

Hm. I'm surprised. My experience is that devs are really wary of suggestion threads because they feed arguments and expectations.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I think considering how small the team is we have a lot of dev communication...it could also be that Kais was one of us before becoming a dev, so she probably goes above the call of duty looking in the forum.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited January 2018

This is just the only game I played where devs are not active in the suggestion thread.

I'd have to ask then what games you have played because my experience has been that it is actually rare for devs to make large comments on any suggestions or potential future items to avoid creating wild conspiracy theories or conjecture or absolutely wrong ideas or false beliefs of promises that were never made. While people joke about it now, in some capacity, players have taken things devs have said out of context and used them as words to state that the devs promised something was happening, despite what the dev said was it was unlikely or just not possible in the current iteration of the game.

No one is actually innocent of that so there is no person that can claim they've never done it. So, in the end, it's just dangerous for devs to comment on ideas and suggestions because of player expectations in the end.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Hm. I'm surprised. My experience is that devs are really wary of suggestion threads because they feed arguments and expectations.
    This. In general, developers tend to read (or at least skim) suggestions, but to actually comment on them generally tends to do more harm than good.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2018

^^Ok so they do listen. Cool. That is all I wanted to know, if they even read the forums. This is just the only game I played where devs are not active in the suggestion thread. I don't want "Commands," just a sense that they care about the community's input.

People tend to take dev comments as "promises" and then act all hurt when something a dev expressed interest in isn't implemented immediately. There's already enough people around here who want to constantly bash the devs and act like they know better than them, no need to fuel that fire.
  • n3lln3ll Posts: 21 Arc User
    So far most suggestions that they listen are mostly if not almost completely only new costumes tho. I'd like to also know if they have done some other changes that someone suggested?

(For example just to name few possible ones:
    -AH price history of last 10? items that sold or so possibly with name of seller and buyer too
    -title/figure counter
    -way to select to search only those costume pieces you DON'T own in AH
    -tab for some old items like components that doesn't fall under any other category at the moment

OR maybe some new services to C-store like:
    -ability to make AH slots last longer for example 100 zen for 1 day longer or whatever price is always negotiable
    -ability to buy extra action figure slot so that those who collect these "useless" small fellas could have 2 or 3 or maybe even up to 4 out simultaneously just like you can equip 4 auras etc.)

For the C-store ones they would also get some extra zen sold as someone always buys new things. So it should make it easier to make those kind of new services compared to for example that AH history system as it wouldn't generate them more money even we players would want it.)

This might go little off-topic or be kinda new suggestion but I'll write it anyway:

I've made few suggestions, but it seems that unless you tell people to go comment/watch it, almost nobody pays attention to most of the suggestions so I don't wonder that they drown into the depths of suggestion box. One possible solution could be to keep monthly or every 2-4 months some kind of competition of new suggestions with small rewards somehow that the best/most wanted suggestions would get noticed! This kind of "competition" could be held even by us players but the requirement would have to be that everyone who participates also goes to comment/support the suggestion so devs might notice it better to be big and wanted one. Even if this would happen we would still need devs to acknowledge and do at least one or few of those changes or it would be pointless tho... If someone would put this kind of competition up I would be 100% ready to be sponsor for the rewards at least a bit so more people would participate. (I might even start doing this myself or with co-operation with someone.
    IronClaw@AllahSemmin in game c:
    n3ll said:

So far most suggestions that they listen are mostly if not almost completely only new costumes tho. I'd like to also know if they have done some other changes that someone suggested?

Almost the entire Beastial framework revamp mirrored player suggestions. All these new self-rez powers we've been getting were a player suggestion. A lot of the changes to how combo powers work have been from player suggestions. Adding more pbaoe melee powers you can charge without a target was a player suggestion. Using recognition to distribute rewards was a player suggestion. Making a cosmic/event that doesn't just consist of fighting one big boss was a player suggestion.

Someone who actually bothered to dig through the forum could likely find you hundreds of examples. Maybe even thousands. The devs don't respond much on this forum, but there is no question that they read it. In fact some players have gone nuts in the head and think there's a secret cult of players that have direct ability to influence the devs because of how much the devs use player input.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Secret cult you say? Nah....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDzoHT0E8SE
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    n3ll wrote: »
    I'd like to also know if they have done some other changes that someone suggested?

yes...yes they have

http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1210116/please-remove-boost-drops-from-kigatiliks-dogs
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Cosmic
    • Reduced the number of boosts Kigatilik's hounds grant.
    ​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    I asked for a HW boost mod and we got one the month after so win? :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    One guy asked cats way back in 2009.
    And POW! We have now cats, everywhere.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Oh also a new zone with daily quests was a player suggestion.