Install Arc

crash

alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
edited January 2018 in Gameplay Bugs
i did get this strange crash error

see img for more details

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    This looks like a job for verifying your game files, if you haven't tried that already. Use the Force Verify option in the game launcher.

How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    ok seems to be fixed now, did start again normaly and it worked just fine,also i did not do the Force Verify so idk what this error was about :shrug:
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    The game will also try to verify if it crashes and you start up again (a popup asks you about verifying and says it'll take 10-20 minutes), so if you did that, that likely repaired the error.

The error message basically is talking about the compressed game files (the 'pigs', or 'piggs', as the actual filetype is called), and a resource in them being corrupted. A legitimate corruption would require the pigg file in question being repaired/verified. Most errors I get that only occur once (without requiring a verification) are usually out-of-memory crashes, and those return much shorter error messages.

Or in other words, this is the exact kind of error that the Verification feature is supposed to repair. If it comes back, I'd recommend going through one to make sure nothing else got corrupted by chance.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))