test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are the "Must Have" devices

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
Most build discussions don't mention devices (Q store, Drifter, etc.) that could be a benefit to the build. I'm hoping that some of the real build gurus would be willing to share their expertise on what devices are useful for various kinds of builds/roles. Conversely, what are the worthless devices? There used to be a thread on this, but perhaps out of date now?
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    The Foxbat backup device, obviously.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    It's early, so brain not 100%
    From the Blood Moon event:
    * Amazing Grace: for those dodge types
    * Nimbus of Force: For your healing support
    * Will of the Tiger Cub: for your slashing/bleed types, applies Shredded.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Recovery devices sold in SH cheap o3o
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    For healers, Healing Patch Plus--heals self and allies (five, I think) to 100%. Drifter store, 2 salvage ea

For CC, Psionic Accelerators--giant AoE paralyze, with good damage.

For DPS, Target Lock--kinda like having another AO.

For melee tanks--Omicron Enhanced Strength, Ice Grenades, or Psionic Surge are great for the 100' pull, or an occasional ranged attack.

For particle/crushing users--Radion's Revenge applies Burnthrough in an AoE, a nice debuff that your toon might not have from another source.

For any melee--Neuroelectric Pulse Generator does excellent PBAoE damage, and knocks. Extremely good for electric tanks.

What is that SCR device that summons shades that explode? That is a great burst DPS for dealing with Orbs in Eidolon.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User

For healers, Healing Patch Plus--heals self and allies (five, I think) to 100%. Drifter store, 2 salvage ea

For CC, Psionic Accelerators--giant AoE paralyze, with good damage.

For DPS, Target Lock--kinda like having another AO.

For melee tanks--Omicron Enhanced Strength, Ice Grenades, or Psionic Surge are great for the 100' pull, or an occasional ranged attack.

For particle/crushing users--Radion's Revenge applies Burnthrough in an AoE, a nice debuff that your toon might not have from another source.

For any melee--Neuroelectric Pulse Generator does excellent PBAoE damage, and knocks. Extremely good for electric tanks.

What is that SCR device that summons shades that explode? That is a great burst DPS for dealing with Orbs in Eidolon.

Not Ice Grenades on a Tank. Please no. That's bad for Tanks. >.> Omicron is good, but you can also just run up to enemies.

For Melee/Ranged/Off/Main Tanks: Primus Spark Shield, Elder Worm Dome, Neuroelectric Pulse Generator.

For Melee/Ranged DPS: Primus Spark Shield, Elder Worm Dome, Neuroelectric Pulse Generator, a device that debuffs what damage you do, Invocation of the Eclipse and various other damage helping devices.

For CC: Psionic Accelerator, Psionic Surge, Elder Worm Dome, other stuff that I may not know of.

For Healers: Not sure, Nimbus of Force is good, Healing Patches Plus are good. Maybe anything that heals your allies. :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Off the top of my head.

Devices to add some dps.
    - Neuroelectric Pulse Generator
    - Punji Trap
    - Draysha Supercharger
    - Sparkshield (mostly for tanks)
    - Invocation of the Eclipse
    - Will of the Tiger Cub (click shredded)
    - Teleiosaurus Pheromones
    - Nightmare Generator

Devices to help you survive
    - Necrullitic Elixir
    - Supernatural Possession
    - Nimbus of Force
    - Inborn Tenacity
    - Higher ranked heal consumables
    - Amazing Grace (mostly for dodge tanks)

Others
    - Psionic Accelerator
    - Most travel power devices
    In my experience, Ice Grenades freeze the dogs at Kiga... especially when pulling. I think it would be better used on a CCer.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    gradii said:

In my experience, Ice Grenades freeze the dogs at Kiga... especially when pulling. I think it would be better used on a CCer.

so don't use them on the dogs??​​

Your choice, really. I'm just putting out my opinion.
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    Psionic Accelerator is also good on a dps for alerts and QWZ soloing, esp if you have a passive that buffs Ego damage. It's a decent aoe on its own, and five targets held will drastically reduce your incoming damage while you destroy one or two of them.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    For Ratty I usually have

- super charged draysha (one of the most addictive devices I own...90% cause of my death)

- inborn tenacity

- nimbus or amazing grace

- elder worm humid— thing

- draysha (but watch the cooldown, I found it very helpful if you can time it before DPS check so that when the check happens people are boosted)

- I don’t know the name but I have one of the Gold Voucher Devices equipped. I haven’t noticed a big difference yet.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Here's what I run.

For Melee DPS:
    Neuroelectric Pulse Generator - it's fast which makes it good for dps checks

Punji Stick Trap - great DPS

Draysha Supercharger - most of my melee builds use charge attacks so this is on there

Radions Revenge if main attack is particle or crushing dmg

Will of the Tiger Cub if main attack is slashing dmg

Target Locked - it's an ok damage boost...only if I have nothing better to slot. The threat reduction effect doesn't matter much since all of my FF dps use threat wipes

Invocation of the Eclipse - nice burst damage that's particularly great when you can see a DPS check coming..Eido greens and Dino Heal...because you can set them down before the check starts and resume your normal attack rotation

Phoenix Tear - quick rez

Rejuvenating Formula - best self healing consumable
    ___

For Ranged DPS:
    Psionic Accelerator - along with Ice Grenades, it's usually my only AoE

Ice Grenades - along with Psi Accelerator, it's usually my only AoE

Invocation of the Eclipse - I only slot this for Eido Greens

Phoenix Tear - quick rez

Draysha Supercharger - only if my main damage attack is a charge

Target Locked - it's an ok damage boost...only if I have nothing better to slot. The threat reduction effect doesn't matter much since all of my FF dps use threat wipes
    ___

For Healer:
    Psionic Accelerator - great for CCing mobs while you rez someone and for debuffing targets during dps checks if you took the debuff specs

Elder Worm Humidity Dome - my healer is often at full energy

Draysha Gas Pistol - buffing the team in TA and at Cosmics

Phoenix Tear - quick rez, saves power slot

Healing Patch Plus - 100ft team "Resurgence"...pretty great to use right after rezzing multiple poeple and at Eido during Reds
    ___

For Main Tank:
    Neuroelectric Pulse Generator - great+fast burst damage ability...easy to use in between blocking hits from a Cosmic

Punji Stick Trap - does great DPS, but a bit dangerous to use if you are an MT due to the long activation time

Elder Worm Humidity Dome - esp if you're a Defiance Tank...your energy is generally full

Radions Revenge if main attack is particle or crushing dmg - I like to use this on my crushing Tank before the Dino dps check to debuff the target for everyone else

Will of the Tiger Cub if main attack is slashing dmg - I like to use this on my slashing Tank before the Dino dps check to debuff the target for everyone else

Target Locked - directly buffs threat in tank role + buffs damage, great for opening a fight when your threat buildup is at its lowest

Heroic Resonance - in case the Healers die, this is clutch because it acts as a 3rd AD....allowing me to fully cycle 2 rounds of Masterful Dodge + Resurgence while Healers recover and come back

___

For CCer / Offtank:
    Psionic Accelerator - CCing Hearts at Ape, debuffing green orbs at Eido

Coward's Lament - pulling mobs away from the Main Tank and DPS

Draysha Gas Pistol - buffing team in TA

Phoenix Tear - quick rez

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Incidentally, both ice grenades and psionic accelerator stack hold resistance; as dps, don't use them on eido reds or kigatilik dogs.
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Dark Speed or any tp devices to not rank up travel powers and use the points somewhere else. archer’s device from bloodmoon is a great aoe for a ranged dps.