test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 12/21/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2017 in Release Notes
Happy Holidays!

Winter Event
Giant rampaging teddy bears have been spotted in Millennium City!
  • Added Toy Teddy, Toy Kitten and Toy Puppy temporary Transmogrification devices as possible drops from Stockings.
  • Added an exchange store at Toy Master for Winter Charms in exchange for yellow quality winter costumes and Winter action figures.
  • Added some defense stats to the Wintertide and Grandfather Winter Offense and Utility gear.
  • Fixed a bug where an old Winter Present item could not be opened.
  • Added the following costumes to the winter vendor: Ice Brow 1, Ice Brow 2, Ice Brow 3, Feather Strap, Ice Crown, Pom Pom Collar, Heart Earrings, Puffy Shirt, Festive Collar, Fur Leg Warmers, Steampunk Mask Clock.
  • Added the following action figures to the winter vendor: Army Helicopter, Civilian Helicopter, Submarine, Army Man, Clown, Pirate, Robot and Winter Kitten.
  • Added Rainbow Kitten as a very rare drop from the Polkadot Holiday Cracker.
  • Added Rainbow Feathers aura to the winter vendor.
  • Clarence's Bag will no longer drop, but can now be bought in the store.
  • Fixed a bug where Nightmare Clarence's Dissolving Breath attack would not be used if his primary target was in melee with him.
  • Added the following costumes as potential drops from Yellow Holiday Crackers: Ice Eyes 1, Ice Eyes 2, Ice Eyes 3.
  • Reduced Millennium City's cap to 50 players for the rest of the winter event.
  • Clarence and Finkle Foundry now give out xp in the reward circle.
  • Added Green, Blue, Purple, Gold, Polkadot, Zigzag and Striped Holiday Cracker items as new drops from Clarence and Finkle Foundry.
  • Clarence can drop the following Holiday Crackers: Yellow, Green, Purple, Gold, Polkdadot, Striped.
  • Finkle Foundry can drop the following Holiday Crackers: Green, Blue, Zigzag, Striped.

Holiday Crackers can drop:
  • Yellow: Contains yellow quality winter costumes.
  • Green: Contains Winter mod drops.
  • Blue: Contains blue quality winter costumes.
  • Purple: Contains purple quality winter costumes.
  • Gold: Contains gold quality winter costumes.
  • Zigzag: Contains Grandfather Winter and Wintertide gear.
  • Polkadot: Contains winter action figures.
  • Striped: Contains winter auras.

Collector Store
  • Starting December 25th the Collector lockbox will go into rotation.
  • Split up the Gold Special Voucher into A and B versions. The Collector Lockbox will now drop these in place of Gold Special Voucher.
  • Action Figures, Gear, Transport items and Pre-Order devices found in the Gold Special Voucher store have moved into the Gold Special Voucher B store.
  • Gold Special Voucher B have a slightly higher drop rate over Gold Special Voucher A.
  • This does not change the drop rate of the Gold Special Voucher A or any other voucher in the Lockbox.
  • Players with an old Gold Special Voucher can exchange it for an A or B version at the store next to the Collector Store.
  • Added the contents of the Cybernetic lockbox to the collector store. These items will appear in the store on the 25th.
  • Added Single Stat mod drops to the Collector lockbox, this is replacing the old mod boxes.
  • The Collector Lockbox now drops Booster Box IV instead of III.

Questionite
  • Added Toy Teddy, Toy Kitten and Toy Puppy Transmogrification devices.
  • Known issue: The names on the teddy devices are swapped, but their display image portrays which item it gives.

Subscriber Reward
  • Starting January 1st players who are subscribed can get the Ice Wings costume.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where Seraphim and Warmth could heal defeated targets.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Happy holidays, Kai. Thanks for the winter updates. :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Huh. Kind of surprised that there is only 1 thing on sale in the Zen store.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    Still no Terror Teddy back tubes? :/
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Can never have too much rainbow stuff. Probably.

So... Can the old costume unlocks get a trade spot at the Pet Master vendor? I don't see them being worth trying to sell on the AH, so getting a few charms would be super.

Fixed a bug where Nightmare Clarence's Dissolving Breath attack would not be used if his primary target was in melee with him.

Can you re-introduce this bug? Being melee sucks enough when I get clobbered by stuff I can't see and can't move away from because of the massive piles of people everywhere. Adding a high damage, no wireframe, hinky hitbox attack doesn't help. Or at least, I think that's the Mega D reskin attack that does too damn much damage. Oh and that green fire pile can go away too. Died to that without even having to be in the hit zone. Which is also a troll attack waiting to happen.

It's hard to see what's going on with Clarence / effects popping in and out of view. So, I'm kinda guessing at this stuff. Point is, Tentacle Clarence is annoying.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Toy Master has no exchange for the candy cane heavy weapons
    Post edited by kjodell on
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I'm a little disappointed that toys killed in the clearance fight and the special alert don't count towards the misfit toys mission. They counted last year if memory serves.
  • deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    Continuing to get dropped when in this mission...Server not responding
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Quality of Life Suggestion:

Move reward circle a bit further from the charity vendor NPCs.
  • lezard21 wrote: »

Move reward circle a bit further from the charity vendor NPCs.

i bet i can top this...

Despawn the freaking tentacles when Nightmare Clarence dies!​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    that'd be nice, but you can force them to despawn manually :p

and by "force" I mean beat them to death.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Possible Bug? Can't sell Candy Cane Heavy Weapon to Toy Master.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • by the way, the fix you put in for ghost teams a few weeks ago broke again, or just doesn't function on this particular OM...level 0s aplenty in most of the clarence teamups i've been in​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    There was never any fix for level 0 players. The join-leave-join thing is meant to make sure you get into the correct teamup. Without doing that, the game often placed you in the teamup of another OM somewhere on the the map.
  • yea-no...
    Entering team up should no longer place you in a dead team. However, entering team up now takes a couple seconds to place you in a team.

dead team = team with one or more level 0 ghost characters in it​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2017

dead team = team with one or more level 0 ghost characters in it​​

That post was just not worded great.

Dead team in this case means a teamup that doesn't fit the OM you're doing. People were getting into a completely different teamup before, which could be worked around by manually doing join-leave-join every time you joined a teamup. Now the games just does that automatically for you.

Getting a level 0 in your group doesn't make it dead anyway. The aura bug is when you get into a group with a higher number while the groups with lower numbers aren't created yet. That does happen mostly when the higher numbered groups have been kept open by level 0 ghost players.

Suggestion:
    Restore Clarence's VO spam, he is very quiet compared to the events before nightmare and awakened Clarence were added.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

Possible Bug? Can't sell Candy Cane Heavy Weapon to Toy Master.

Also the Pirate AF from the crackers.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    No notes for today's maintenance or have I missed something?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    ...Or was there one?....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Pretty sure the devs are on vacation until January.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

Well, there is a note on the News Page dated to 12/28 about new stuff being added to the event store for Week 4, but it all seems to be things added last week: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10755884

Guess the big sale and the fusion table boosts will come next week. Hopefully everyone who got some holiday money won't have spent it all elsewhere before the sales kick in.
    JwLmWoa.png