test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Having a minor issue with CO account.

So I have this issue, my account was made around 2010-2011, that's before PWE took over, so somewhere in the account transfers, they messed up, My account username does not work to login so I have to use my email address, I'm trying to set up pidgin but it's just not possible with your email, someone suggested I use the account number you see when you click log out, but I don't see said numbers, it just shows the username that doesn't work anymore ._. I tried support and they didn't help, any suggestions?

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Doesn't that use your in game @handle? I forget. See if your @handle in game has numbers after it or something.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Doesn't that use your in game @handle? I forget. See if your @handle in game has numbers after it or something.

Except, last I checked, those numbers are for accounts made much more recently. Like withing the last few years?
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Yeah it should be your @handle. Also are you a subscriber? Pretty sure only subscribers can hook in through pidgin.
    biffsig.jpg
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    My account name and username are different. Every time the game crashes, and it happens on CO more then any other game, I have to type in my account name as CO only saves my username.
    guyhumual said:

My account name and username are different. Every time the game crashes, and it happens on CO more then any other game, I have to type in my account name as CO only saves my username.

hm...did you remember to link the two accounts? Cause, beyond that, I can't think of any reason you'd have those issues. Unless it's something else entirely. Cause, it most likely isn't giving you an error message, so, it wouldn't be possible to determine the actual issue. It happens with other games? Which ones?

Cause, yeah, my PWE name is different than my Cryptic name. I remember when PWE got Cryptic, they required you to link your accounts. But, if it is happening with other games, I would like to know which games.
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User

Yeah it should be your @handle. Also are you a subscriber? Pretty sure only subscribers can hook in through pidgin.

spinnytop said:

Yeah doesn't work with my @handle It stays red and says 'not authorized'

spinnytop said:

Except, last I checked, those numbers are for accounts made much more recently. Like withing the last few years?
    and yep older accounts don't have the # with the numbers after it
    edited December 2017

guyhumual said:

hm...did you remember to link the two accounts? Cause, beyond that, I can't think of any reason you'd have those issues. Unless it's something else entirely. Cause, it most likely isn't giving you an error message, so, it wouldn't be possible to determine the actual issue. It happens with other games? Which ones?

Cause, yeah, my PWE name is different than my Cryptic name. I remember when PWE got Cryptic, they required you to link your accounts. But, if it is happening with other games, I would like to know which games.
    I'm not sure, as I only play CO. can't login with account name or @handle, have to use email.
    If I remember correctly I did link it, since it would ask you to link it or you coudn't play I believe?

EDIT: I just checked old support emails from when I asked, they said my 'account name' is my email, and that my CO account is already linked to this arc acc.

guyhumual said:

I'm not sure, as I only play CO. can't login with account name or @handle, have to use email.
    If I remember correctly I did link it, since it would ask you to link it or you coudn't play I believe?

EDIT: I just checked old support emails from when I asked, they said my 'account name' is my email, and that my CO account is already linked to this arc acc.

And yet, you are still having issues? Well, first step is the easiest, reinstalling CO...and possibly ARC itself. If that doesn't fix things, we might need to dig into your computer.

guyhumual said:

I only play CO, I created the account as a F2P but have since become a lifetime subscriber, and I linked the account because they had a promotion where we got free stuff for going through the linking process IIRC. I suspect that there's more of us dealing with this problem but with Arc I suspect it's not going to be a priority to fix as Arc keeps you logged in.
    edited December 2017
    guyhumual said:

guyhumual said:

I only play CO, I created the account as a F2P but have since become a lifetime subscriber, and I linked the account because they had a promotion where we got free stuff for going through the linking process IIRC. I suspect that there's more of us dealing with this problem but with Arc I suspect it's not going to be a priority to fix as Arc keeps you logged in.
    Still, try reinstalling both CO and Arc. See if that works. If not...might need to look into drivers, to see if anything needs updating. Sometimes, drivers cause weird things to happen if not updated. If that isn't the issue...well...I'd be at a lose at that point. Well, another option might be to run a virus scan. Might be a virus that got pass you.
    I have doubts that reinstalling anything with Champions/Arc would affect Pidgin. A better place to start might be posting a pic of your Pidgin connection settings. I'm guessing you have something set up improperly.
    biffsig.jpg
    Here's all three tabs of my settings. The username is my @name, which is actually also the name I use to log in, so we do have a bit of difference in our accounts it seems. Resource is the name that shows up in-game so that can be anything. Maybe someone else who uses their email address to log in to the game can tell us what they use for their pidgin Username.

biffsig.jpg

I have doubts that reinstalling anything with Champions/Arc would affect Pidgin. A better place to start might be posting a pic of your Pidgin connection settings. I'm guessing you have something set up improperly.

Good point.

You two should try that first.
    edited December 2017
    Just to be clear with the problem I'm having: my sign in name is my account name, whenever I load my CO launcher it remembers that name, however when the game eventually crashes it always gives me my @name instead of my account name which means I have to delete the @name and manually type in my account name. I'm pretty sure I've had this issue since Perfect World took over and changed the accounts. I have no issues with Pidgin because I don't have Pidgin installed.

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse people, it's the OP that's having the Pidgin issues. I was just trying to explain how the account name and username are different for some of the older accounts. This confusion is entirely my fault. Again, I can only apologize.
    No worries, it's something to consider, for sure. I actually thought my sign-in name was different than my handle, but I was confusing my forum handle for my login.
    biffsig.jpg
    guyhumual said:

Just to be clear with the problem I'm having: my sign in name is my account name, whenever I load my CO launcher it remembers that name, however when the game eventually crashes it always gives me my @name instead of my account name which means I have to delete the @name and manually type in my account name. I'm pretty sure I've had this issue since Perfect World took over and changed the accounts. I have no issues with Pidgin because I don't have Pidgin installed.

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse people, it's the OP that's having the Pidgin issues. I was just trying to explain how the account name and username are different for some of the older accounts. This confusion is entirely my fault. Again, I can only apologize.

That is odd, I have no issues like that.
    Well it's definitely not re-installing that gonna change that cuz I had the issue way before and I've changed laptops about 1 or 2 times since then, but I never bothered to ask here,

as I said before if you try to put your email, pidgin just lowers it to where 'crypticspace.com' is at, for some reason, i'm guessing because it has the '@' sign on it.

I'm wondering if they can mess with my account and provide a new 'account name' or something, since the old account name doesn't work since the linking, and the @handle doesn't work to login to CO or pidgin either.
    edited December 2017

verified my settings, i seem to have typed it out just like you showed on the pics, but still have the issue, thanks tho ^_^
    edited December 2017
    UPDATE: after looking online, it seems replacing the '@' symbol on my email with '\40' fixed the issue, thank you for your help tho guys <3
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing the fix!
    biffsig.jpg
    edited December 2017

UPDATE: after looking online, it seems replacing the '@' symbol on my email with '\40' fixed the issue, thank you for your help tho guys <3</p>

Would never have guessed that thte @ sign was the cause of this issue. lol

But, alls well that ends well.
    guyhumual said:

Now...to figure out what your issue is...well, how to fix it.
    edited December 2017

Use Arc to run the game? You won't even have to type in your password. It remembers it and logs you in automatically.

Also, remember that \40 thing, you'll need it for joining channels. I think the code for a space character is \20. Not sure about apostrophes and any other symbols.
    biffsig.jpg

Use Arc to run the game? You won't even have to type in your password. It remembers it and logs you in automatically.

Also, remember that \40 thing, you'll need it for joining channels. I think the code for a space character is \20. Not sure about apostrophes and any other symbols.
    That could work.

well my issue was that since i had no account name (or it doesn't work anymore) i had to login with email but in pidgin xmpp, if you typed in username a email, like
    Username: Johndoe@hotmail.com
    Domain: Crypticspace.com

it would then show up as
    Username: Johndoe
    Domain: @hotmail.comcrypticspace.com

so the fix was to replace the @ with \40

well my issue was that since i had no account name (or it doesn't work anymore) i had to login with email but in pidgin xmpp, if you typed in username a email, like
    Username: Johndoe@hotmail.com
    Domain: Crypticspace.com

it would then show up as
    Username: Johndoe
    Domain: @hotmail.comcrypticspace.com

so the fix was to replace the @ with \40

And that is a valid solution to a stupid undersight of the devs.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

And that is a valid solution to a stupid undersight of the devs.

Yes, darn those pidgin devs o3o