test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DISNEY Acquires FOX For $52.4 Billion (With Some Caveats)

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Hehe, Disney got tired of Fox not releasing their property so did the next thing, the we own you now card. Oh well. Seeing the X Men and Fantastic Four home in their own universe will be good.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    My concern is the streaming service....

Netflix is going to take a big big big hit
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Let's hope they do something about the news portion. ;)​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).

My concern is the streaming service....

Netflix is going to take a big big big hit

Since Netflix makes and produces several Marvel shows, I don't think so unless Disney terminates those contracts.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    aesica said:

Sadly Fox News and the various TV networks aren't included in the deal.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    aesica said:

Does not buying it count?
  • numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    No they only bought their entertainment portion like Television and movies.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Disney excels in making fantasy worlds. What would they change about Fox news?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    nothing...everything faux news reports is pure fantasy​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Since Netflix makes and produces several Marvel shows, I don't think so unless Disney terminates those contracts.
    True that Netflix has been smart to try to make their own content.

But Disney was already planning to pull Disney and Marvel movies from Netflix... so I wouldn't be surprised if the Fox stuff follows. That's a huge amount of stuff. Begun, the streaming wars have.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

As Colbert put it, "I'm surprised the deal doesn't include Fox News. I'd have thought the Masters of Fantasy and Imagination would have jumped at the chance to work with Disney!"
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    jonsills said:

spinnytop said:

As Colbert put it, "I'm surprised the deal doesn't include Fox News. I'd have thought the Masters of Fantasy and Imagination would have jumped at the chance to work with Disney!"
    Ahhhahaa!
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    kallethen said:

But Disney was already planning to pull Disney and Marvel movies from Netflix... so I wouldn't be surprised if the Fox stuff follows. That's a huge amount of stuff. Begun, the streaming wars have.​​

This is not surprising; also to note, Amazon is pulling Youtube off of its Firestick/TV in January. Moves like these will only push people away from on-demand streaming services. I am glad that I still purchase and keep physical and virtual movies and shows. It will be interesting to see how many other companies follow Disney.
    kallethen said:

Fox already pulled it's stuff from netflix a while ago. You can only watch the last seasons of Futurama that were produced on Comedy Central, for instance, so they've already been doing that long before Disney.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS