test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which powerset do you think will get a review before the year ends?

criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Power Discussion
So far we've got the review of plenty powersets in the last 2 years but there are still sets that need a review. As the tittle says vote for what do you think will get a review soon :)
Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here

Which powerset do you think will get a review before the year ends? 32 votes

Fire
18% 6 votes
Ice
6% 2 votes
Force
6% 2 votes
Wind
3% 1 vote
Archery
6% 2 votes
Gadgeteering
18% 6 votes
Telepathy
6% 2 votes
Might/Earth
18% 6 votes
Celestial/Darkness
12% 4 votes
Bestial/Infernal Supernatural
3% 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I don’t think...I hope but gadget matches the holiday theme
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I want to believe it will be either Celestial or Ice to match the Christmas event (Celestial = Holy Light, Holy Night) very fitting for the occasion​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    i'm hoping for gadgeteering...because right now, it's a horrible mess - too many redundant or useless 'newb trap' powers​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I'm going with Gadgeteering because wind-up toys are a holiday thing. Next will be archery to tie into Cupid and Valentine's day. Third will be Force, because that will be April in the USA when we are "forced" to pay taxes ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Well Gadgeteering is quite fitting for Christmas as well and its really a hot mess right now​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The thing about gadgeteering is that it actually has a bunch of nice powers -- to dip into for a character using a different power set. What it lacks is a set of core powers you can use as your primary activity.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Earth is in a sad state. No one ever takes any powers from it.... Because its so bad off.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Winter is coming, so it's gonna be Ice. Have the Ice ATs in the Krampus event store, a new Icy sidekick device, maybe even a big dumb new vehicle made of ice, and ice weapons, and a AF made of ice, ice mask, a cosmic key pack with a Brain Freeze device that builds up charges as you attack and then unleashes a big dumb frost breath once you have enough charges, a new Ice Ultimate where you flash freeze a bunch of things and then they explode, and snowman body costumes that will let Bumburger make even more horrifying characters for years to come! \o/
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Archery and Celestial are ded
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Ice got a review already, so my bet is Gadgets.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    "Review", Ice was softly touched, not 100% revamped just because it was one of the first revamped powersets and devs didn't had enough time to experiment with it

Ice is still a hot mess full of outdated worthless powers and broken mechanics (max 3 Chilled stacks among players) which makes it suffer like Telepathy before they fixed the global stucks

Have multiply Ice Lancers users in a cosmic fight and only 1 of them will get the bonuses from chill

Besides Munitions got revamped TWICE because it was also one of the first frames they worked on​​
  • Options
    unlike telepathy, however, ice can hold its own in any role except support...and melee, i suppose, since it doesn't have many close-range attacks​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    I suspect Might, based on the rumors of a new Might Energy Unlock.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options

No it didn't.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Strictly speaking, I don’t think any of them will be finished by the end of the year. That’s only a month and a half away, we’ll be having winter event stuff, and I hope our devs are getting plenty of time off for the holidays this month and next.

So, I answered for what I hope will be next. Might is fine, though I’d love a good damage, no-knock/knock-up aoe. Earth, however, is awful compared to other sets. Damage needs to be upped, especially on the melee side. Would be great to have the possibility for ranged or melee characters (Earth melee is the weak link of this poop chain), and maybe even ones that use both (a good version of AotM as a new toggle?).

It does have a lot of cool graphics, so that’s a plus. Just needs some love.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Wind probably needs it the worst in reality, it's really badly hit by the defense-debuff changes. Earth and Force can at least edge by since they have Burst Shot and crap to fall back on. Wind's suffering from lackluster ranged attacks and basically only exists so that Hurricane can continue to just plow through stuff while moving.

Though stuff like Wind, Earth, Archery, and Force are difficult to fix due to the nature of the defense-debuff setups we have going right now (you can get insanely high crushing damage debuff stacks going.) Same reason Gadgeteering probably is going to be held off because it has like 0% damage type or build cohesion to begin with.

My guess is probably going to be something questionably already overpowered that can quickly be nerfed/adjusted without throwing other powersets into disarray. It'll probably be something like Fire since it's already stacking like 3 different resist debuffs across the board, some of which aren't intuitive at all. Probably a welcome change so that Fire can become something more than 'just fuel Conflagration damage constantly.'
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited November 2017
    The game needs more viable 50 range ranged builds, that's where fire should stay. There's a whole middle area there we could full up with that wonderful build diversity.
  • Options
    i'll take anything for fire that keeps me away from baby's bubble spam in concert with her mother's spam while still being able to do significant damage...the low range on every useful fire power really is annoying​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    One day a person is bemoaning normalization, the next they're demanding standardization.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    So many choices, so little time...​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Why isn't MA on the list?

Anyway, I really do hope Earth gets revamp soon. It's one of the underwhelming sets with nice animations.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    gradii said:

Some things are good standardized. Some arent. not a hard concept.​​

Yes, and yet when others have said the very same thing in the past you failed to grasp that concept.
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Archery needs 2 Melee Attacks for close combat.
    1) A you are too close so I stab you with an arrow attack
    2) An all of you are too close so I swing my BOW and hit all you you.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    Next set up is fire. Should be on PTS early this week.

melter.jpg​​
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    That power looks awesome! I’m impressed at the pace y’all are keeping up, way to go.
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

Next set up is fire. Should be on PTS early this week.

melter.jpg​​

I hope that Ult is a 100ft range. I'm excited to see what other fire powers are gonna be available! Will it have more synergy with HW or be more of a standalone powerset?
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Next set up is fire. Should be on PTS early this week.​​

Pyre is Happy to hear. :3
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Archery needs 2 Melee Attacks for close combat.
    1) A you are too close so I stab you with an arrow attack
    2) An all of you are too close so I swing my BOW and hit all you you.

Knowledge ruins everything.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Meh... fire...
    EDIT: dont get me wrong I like fire and Elemental attacks in general, but right now OTHER powerframes need emergency revamp more than others (Force, Gadgets, Celestial, Archery e.t.c needs more attention because they are a Trainwreck)

ALSO WHY FIRE FOR CHRISTMAS?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    avianos said:

ALSO WHY FIRE FOR CHRISTMAS?​​

To keep us warm and toasty for winter obviously.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    who said anything about christmas? powerset revamps are usually up for testing for two weeks, then released the following week...that puts it firmly in the beginning of december

the beginning of december = NOT christmas​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    When it comes to power updates - I trust the devs. Power framworks (and AT's) are in a much better place then they were before Kaiserin's hire. Fire has some issues and if that framework gets the same treatment as others, I'll be pleased.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    as long as it gets an awesome ultimate (like a meteor strike...*hint hint*) and a decent mid-range attack or two, i'll be happy​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Force, except for Cascade, Geyser and Shield, are pretty ded also. o3o
  • Options
    I've never been able to play a fire class in any game due to having an outdated computer; the graphics were too much for my primitive PC to handle. However now that I have an upgrade, I might be able to give it a try.

I still really wish we could have single pistol attacks, there's so many animations for it in the game but Steady Shot is the only one available right now. And if we were looking for a way to introduce it as an AT: (unsubtle plug) :)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1208819/new-at-concept-the-fatalist
  • Options
    Still time for another powerset to get a review. I'm doubling down on ice \o/
  • Options
    time, yes - going to happen? no
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Fire will see a few more support powers by end of year, and a new Fire Support archetype to go with it. But that's it for power revamps for this year!
    ​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Still time for another powerset to get a review. I'm doubling down on ice \o/
    See you in 3 Months for the next Powerframe revamp tied with new lootbox​​
  • Options

time, yes - going to happen? no
    ​​

Can I borrow your crystal ball? owo
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Let me do the trick for you, at the end of February 2018. And expect the fire support archetype around the second week of December of this year
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    Let's hope that Earth gets a revamp in Jan. Because spring time and am curious on how they will rework Stagger. XP
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter