test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why not Team Up?

It because it bugged, and people are not able to join the real same team?
It because you don't know about this function?
Don't care, cause you have an awesome character?
Something else?

When I play with my support type characters (my favorites), I want to feel useful. I want all the awesome auras helping my team to overcome the event the most effective way. But people don't team up, I feel useless.
When I play with my damage focused, I want that help to fill the gaps. My lack of defense, increase my damage, convenient healing.

Similar issue is with resurrection. All my Freeforms have it, but people simple can't wait a few seconds for me to help them. =/
Sometimes I can understand, as I do wait everytimes, but is like 50/50 chance that someone will care to resurrect me.

Comments

• dreadjaws2dreadjaws2 Posts: 58 Arc User
    I don't know about others but in my case teaming up in these events more often than not has the severe side effect of game-crippling lag. I don't know what causes it, but even with lowering the visuals to their bare minimum it's inescapable, so teaming up effectively takes me out of the fight.

Note that this is a problem only in these events. It doesn't happen in the regular game. Again, I don't know the cause.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    My computer's a 10-year-old potato, and I only really get a spike of lag when I initially click the team up button. And that's whether or not I end up in the null team or the real team. Anyway, while I think "muh teaming!" at every turn gets tiresome and feels less heroic, it's still handy to get free buffs and heals so I do it when I remember.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Everyone Teamed Up in Destroid Invasion. And in other Events.
    No one Teams Up in Blood Moon Undead Heroes. (ok, some people do)
    Did the people change or what?

And about others doing the resurrection to you. I find it unneccesary. Yeah, i do. :#
    It usually rezzes you in the middle of combat in OMs and charging your Passive makes you vulnerable.
    And most of the times it faster just to hit the Spawn button. Or you can spam the 'Help I'm down and just laying here' button dozen times..
    But that's how i feel about it.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I suspect it's because the undead heroes are much quicker and easier to finish off than the six-pack of Mega-Ds (and later Mega-Ds plus Mechanon).​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

flyingfinn wrote: »
    And about others doing the resurrection to you. I find it unneccesary. Yeah, i do. :#
    It usually rezzes you in the middle of combat in OMs and charging your Passive makes you vulnerable.
    And most of the times it faster just to hit the Spawn button. Or you can spam the 'Help I'm down and just laying here' button dozen times..
    But that's how i feel about it.
    But my star level!​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    shaidon said:

It because it bugged, and people are not able to join the real same team?
    It because you don't know about this function?
    Don't care, cause you have an awesome character?
    Something else?

When I play with my support type characters (my favorites), I want to feel useful. I want all the awesome auras helping my team to overcome the event the most effective way. But people don't team up, I feel useless.
    When I play with my damage focused, I want that help to fill the gaps. My lack of defense, increase my damage, convenient healing.

Similar issue is with resurrection. All my Freeforms have it, but people simple can't wait a few seconds for me to help them. =/
    Sometimes I can understand, as I do wait everytimes, but is like 50/50 chance that someone will care to resurrect me.

Hit Team Up button, hit Leave Team button, hit Team Up again. Now you're in the right one.
    I've never once seen a negative effect come out of teaming up, so there's no reason ever not to, that I can think of.

Whenever I'm fighting one of the bosses and I notice I'm the only one in teamup, I just say in local or zone "teamup" and more often than not I'll see the teams fill up. So I think for the most part it's people forgetting to do so. I often forget, too.

Usually when we do cosmics there's lots of prep time, so everyone gets a chance to team up before the action starts. With Bloodmoon it's more or less non-stop.

As far as throwing reses around, most of the time there's no one around to res anyone so people just don't expect it. In cosmics, when I can res, I tell people not to recover and just ask for a res instead, and that usually works. So you could try that.
    biffsig.jpg
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    The problem with combat res is that you're in combat and still need to turn your form back on which is interrupted on flipping everything. Easier just to respawn near-by, turn a form back on without being annoyed, and run back. One of those glaring issues that was over looked when devs decided to push making res abilities needed in newer content.

The more powerful your character is, the less stars matter. Even then, those stupid star refills drop all over the place. Good thing they stack to 999.

As for teaming up, that's a new thing. Content basically never required it before, so no one ever bothered. There are probably quite a few premade teams running around for crypts. Real Team is way better than Teamup. If you have one of those hilariously OP toons tanking the Fallen Hero zombies and someone spamming a good AoE, no one probably needs to bother with teamup.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    sterga said:

The problem with combat res is that you're in combat and still need to turn your form back on which is interrupted on flipping everything. Easier just to respawn near-by, turn a form back on without being annoyed, and run back. One of those glaring issues that was over looked when devs decided to push making res abilities needed in newer content.

The more powerful your character is, the less stars matter. Even then, those stupid star refills drop all over the place. Good thing they stack to 999.

As for teaming up, that's a new thing. Content basically never required it before, so no one ever bothered. There are probably quite a few premade teams running around for crypts. Real Team is way better than Teamup. If you have one of those hilariously OP toons tanking the Fallen Hero zombies and someone spamming a good AoE, no one probably needs to bother with teamup.​​

Good argument for giving the toggle a spot right by the slotted passive. It could automatically come back on (even if it took a couple of seconds) while you moved whenever you got rezzed or exited a vehicle. It'll never happen, of course, but it would be nice.
  • darekliftardarekliftar Posts: 19 Arc User
    yeah rezzes would be allot better if your toggle automatically came back. basically if you came back up in the state you went down
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    One of the characters I am using provides a really nice AoED boost. I always go into team up, but I'm usually the only one there. All those people wanting top score and missing out on a chance to boost their damage!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

yeah rezzes would be allot better if your toggle automatically came back. basically if you came back up in the state you went down

Or maybe just tap to toggle back on?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Or maybe it could always stay on until manually switched off--vehicles and the like would just suppress the effects.

Or better yet, just delete forms and give everyone an innate stacking damage/healing bonus that automatically builds up and replenishes energy every 4 seconds while in combat. That's pretty much what forms are already, so it's not like anything of value would be lost.​​
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    1) Why do people not team up?

For some people it may be as simple as them not being used to it. I think that it's hard to compare these undead heroes to mega-destroids. They may have 2.5 million HP but they aren't one-shotting characters that do not block their attacks.

It's also just not as necessary to survive.

And if others are not teaming up then the benefits are reduced anyway, and so the lack of teaming feeds into less people bothering to team.

2) As for toggles, I think that they should all be chargeable while moving. I can charge IDF while flying back to the fight. I try to charge enrage after re-spawning and I keep getting interrupted by other players pushing my character around as they appear at the respawn point or try to move back to the fight.

Player collision in this game is a mystery to me, though, and something I would like to see changed.
    It always seems like my characters get pushed around by whoever while none of my characters seem to ever be able to push anyone to make a space for themselves at dino or Kiga or whoever.
    Post edited by mithrosnomore on
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

And if others are not teaming up then the benefits are reduced anyway

This is not actually true. Teaming up gets you the bonuses of auras in the area even if the person with the aura isn't in the teamup. However, my experience is that not very many people actually run the undead heroes as support, and thus there often aren't any auras to share.
  • fizzex#3004 fizzex Posts: 59 Arc User
    d) Something else. Unless on a healer with Target Team binds, what would be the point? Not being snarky, just wondering as I try to solo everything. Also, does not carry over into Event tombs - tried to solo Amazing Grace twice.
    edited October 2017

d) Something else. Unless on a healer with Target Team binds, what would be the point? Not being snarky, just wondering as I try to solo everything. Also, does not carry over into Event tombs - tried to solo Amazing Grace twice.

There is Team Up and then there is Team.
    :#

• fizzex#3004 fizzex Posts: 59 Arc User

Yes - I assumed the Team Up for the exterior event fight carried over into the interior event mission. Now I know. :)

I try to never team also - I will be the weakest link in that chain and others deserve better. Test Toons 1 and 3 only took new powers and never spent AP or Specialization until at least a month after hitting 40, so I have no problem taking an hour on a ten minute mission if I can figure out how do it faster each time without getting killed. (Test Toon 2 was deleted at 12 as non-viable.)

Yes - I assumed the Team Up for the exterior event fight carried over into the interior event mission. Now I know. :)

I try to never team also - I will be the weakest link in that chain and others deserve better. Test Toons 1 and 3 only took new powers and never spent AP or Specialization until at least a month after hitting 40, so I have no problem taking an hour on a ten minute mission if I can figure out how do it faster each time without getting killed. (Test Toon 2 was deleted at 12 as non-viable.)
    Having expendable minions in the tombs is better than no help. having weak players tag along does NOT make it any harder.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • combatclown81combatclown81 Posts: 86 Arc User
    How are people to know there is someone around with Resurrection? Do you expect them to just sit there dead and hope someone can res them?
    I often advertise it by posting in chat.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

I try to never team also - I will be the weakest link in that chain and others deserve better.

You can generally figure that a team willing to invite unknowns is also willing to accept people who aren't exceptionally skilled. Don't lie about your capabilities, but also don't assume you can't contribute.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Part of the reason is that the fights with the undead heroes don't generally take very long, so many might feel it's not worth it, and in my case when I've clicked team up no ones been in the group so it hasn't felt necessary or worth it. Especially since you leave the team up as soon as you leave the area, whether from dying or when moving from hero to hero. The extra buffs are nice, but not really important for those fights unlike the cosmic level fights. Add to it the new ui being terrible.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I try to team up, but OM team up seems to be annoyingly broken. (Especially this Bloodmoon) It splits into two team ups rather than just one.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Always Join/Leave/Join. Only takes a couple seconds.
    biffsig.jpg
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    You also "need" to make sure the lower number groups exist.
    If you join teamup and get into group 3, make sure group 1 and 2 exists.
    When the lower number groups do not exist, the higher number group do not get any aura.

Due to the teamup window always starting very small, checking up on which groups do or don't exist requires some window management. And join-leave-join, check up on group numbers, and if needed change to another group, is not hugely fast. Against the BM zombies, with some high dps groups, it can take up a significant portion of the fight.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Does it really matter what group you're in as long as you aren't with a level zero? Even a healer won't need to care as long as they select the boss and assist target of target for easy healing. Or just use Life Tap with aoe healing.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    sterga said:

Does it really matter what group you're in as long as you aren't with a level zero? Even a healer won't need to care as long as they select the boss and assist target of target for easy healing. Or just use Life Tap with aoe healing.​​

It doesn't matter at all if there is a level 0 in your group. That is a misunderstanding that came about due to teamup automatically placing you in an existing group first. If there is a group 8 with a level 0, anyone joining teamup is placed in group 8 until that one is completely filled up. There is quite a good chance that groups 1-7 haven't been made at that point, so then auras will fail to work.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    because every time I team with someone. I end up hanging around waiting for them to look at things or fiddle with things or chat to people or they just stand ,while i go do all the missions in the area, then they say "So what do we do here?" I find it more efficient to run around by myself.

The only exception was Spinnytop taking my healers thru the Q zone, which involved THEM having to wait around for me to run/fly back from my most recent death.
    --------------
    doh... wrong teamup- 30/11
    Post edited by chaelk on
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    I'm a weirdo... I like teaming so I always click the team up button. That's especially true if I'm on a character with a support aura. I get a rush knowing my support aura is boosting other players. If I see several auras at once, then I get super-excited. MOAR BUFFFZ!!!!!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User

I try to never team also - I will be the weakest link in that chain and others deserve better.

You can generally figure that a team willing to invite unknowns is also willing to accept people who aren't exceptionally skilled. Don't lie about your capabilities, but also don't assume you can't contribute.
    I agree, don't limit yourself this way. Everyone starts out green in content that is new to them, then they get better. The game content is not restricted by your level of experience. If you are available to play the content, then the content is available for you to play. That's the game.

Never be afraid to say, "I'm new to this", or, "I'm not so good at this". Most people already realize that it's easy to help others get better. Those that say, "If you're new, go away" aren't all that numerous, and should be ignored--the game doesn't belong to them.

There are a limited number of exceptions to this rule, which don't occur too often, such as someone specifically looking for a tank when you're not one (for 5-player content only, doesn't refer to open missions). Don't worry about backing off and doing these things later if you feel that's the best idea at specific times.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I feel better if team up becomes automatic such like in Alerts layers.
    It is easy if I'm alone but very difficult to find out when several team up formed with some people joining on each.
  • wisedoomwisedoom Posts: 19 Arc User
    I would like to see Team Ups in this game too, it would make things more easier on having to deal with a 360 degree area map which makes any game confusing.
    edited November 2017
    wisedoom said:

I would like to see Team Ups in this game too, it would make things more easier on having to deal with a 360 degree area map which makes any game confusing.

There is Team Up option in this game.... This thread is about people NOT using it...
    And. What?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    so you've never played on an actual map, only platforms which go side to side?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg