test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

skill modes and alerts broken?

Hi all. Have been charging round Lemuria investigating crystal chests, but while I do still get catalysts and mods, my sci skill stays resolutely where it is, regardless of how many chests I get through.

In the meantime, I have been joining boost alerts, but they always seem to crash.

Is it just me, or are these features broken?

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I forget when (maybe it's 300?) you can no longer improve your skill from opening nodes.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Only Mysticism has Tier 4 nodes (the north end of Monster Island). The other two skills can only increase above 300 by fusing higher level mods (I think R5+), or from skill up items, from lockboxes or the Auction House.

If you have Mysticism, you can farm nodes all the way to 400 skill.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    sunsidhesunsidhe Posts: 6 Arc User
    There were tier 4 sci nodes in Lemuria. Getting to 330 wasnt a problem, but then progress stopped. One of my other characters got to 380 in arms. Maybe they have different caps. Can anyone say for sure?
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Just another example of this game unfairly favoring magic over science. Amirite? :D
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Just another example of this game unfairly favoring magic over science. Amirite? :D
    Sarcasm aside, you're right. Let's compare the drop rate of Takofanes mods to that of say, Clarence's. My main Mystic crafter hit 400 with two weeks left in the event, while my Science (and arms, for that matter) are still in the upper 200s.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    I have never found Tier 4 nodes of the other skills. Lemuria only?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Prob Vibora too. Not 100% sure. *does quick sweep on Tsin'Xing* not in Vibora, those seem to be exclusively rank 3... no idea why.

the best nodes in Lemuria are the ones in the deepest part of the ocean.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Hmm--I am familiar with tier 3 nodes in Lemuria, but no tier 4, even in the deepest parts. Tier 4 nodes generate R3 or R4 mods, plus 5% or 7% catalysts,

• Options
    Well, I just checked several nodes in the temple area where the level 40 and 41 bleak ones are and didn't get any rank 4 stuff.... also I did it on a character who had mid 200s mysticism and I was actually able to interact with all the nodes. If they were tier 4 nodes then you would need 300+ just to interact with them.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

Well, I just checked several nodes in the temple area where the level 40 and 41 bleak ones are and didn't get any rank 4 stuff.... also I did it on a character who had mid 200s mysticism and I was actually able to interact with all the nodes. If they were tier 4 nodes then you would need 300+ just to interact with them.

Just as I suspected. I have been a node farmer since 2011. The only tier 4 nodes I know of in game are the mysticism ones in the northern part of Monster Isle. They are the psionic focus item, seemingly mis-tagged as mysticism. The other nodes in that area (arms and science) are only tier 3.

Since hitting skill 400 is a way bigger deal than farming R1-3 nodes, I usually advise folks to take Mysticism for their skill.

• Options
    Uh.. last time I was on monster Island I tried interacting with them....
    https://youtu.be/IUUpvwGbKzw
    That happened^ Spoiler: it didn't work!

I'm not sure why. There's several bugs with nodes, and I'm not sure what happened.

Tanya has mid-200s mysticism. So she shouldn't be seeing an error that says "you need 201+".

But also, Psionic Focii are ALWAYS Mysticism. Yes, really. I'd found them in RenCen, Canada, and the Desert too. So it shouldn't be telling me I need SCIENCE skill.

Is it one of the fabled "hybrid nodes" where it's bugged to never be usable because you need TWO investigation skills active at once? Or is it a display error giving the wrong error message and it's actually supposed to tell me I need 300+ mysticism?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    The psionic node is messed up: the message says you need Science, but yes, Mysticism 300+ is what you actually need.

They are the only tier 4 nodes in game.

• Options
    nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User
    You can buy the crafting skill ups from the auction house pretty cheap. I consider them worth the g’s.
    Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)