test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Better (de)buff icon sorting

aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
Status effects are sorted alphabetically. That works nice for some, but others are easily pushed off-screen while you want to keep an eye on them.
So I'd like them to he prefixed so that resistance debuffs are always first, then set specific status effects (chilled, ions, clinging flames, fear, bleed, poison, stagger), and then anything you don't really need to keep an eye on.

Comments

• blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Already stated that they can't do that, I don't know why because Ego Blade stacks, stacks on your debuff/buff bar, so..

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Ego Leech has no application on the enemy target, it's a personal buff.
    Bleed, Poison, res debuffs etc have enemy target specific effects. There can't be a personal version because those effects can be applied to numerous enemies at once. Anything we could try to do to replicate a personal buff with those effects would be janky/unreliable/stressful on the game.

We cannot only display your debuffs on the target.
    I'm unsure about changing the order, i would have to ask but from my previous talks there isn't much to do about that.

One thing that's maybe possible is making it so only x amount of debuffs can appear on one line, then it starts a new one.​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

One thing that's maybe possible is making it so only x amount of debuffs can appear on one line, then it starts a new one.​​

That sounds fantastic. Right now I have to place the target element on my UI all the way to the right of the screen cause of that super long debuff pole. Would love to place it more centrally and still be able to see all the debuffs.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    kaizerin wrote: »

why exactly isn't this possible, if it's possible to say without getting overly technical? it would seem to me that checking to see which debuffs are yours, then hiding the ones that aren't, should be within the engine's ability​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited December 2017
    Well if you can explain to them how to do it in specific technical terms I'm sure they'd be happy to do it :|
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    kaizerin said:

I'm unsure about changing the order, i would have to ask but from my previous talks there isn't much to do about that.

They are already sorted alphabetically, so just prefixing the names with something that sorts them alphabetically by "type" should work.
    kaizerin said:

That would also be a big improvement. But that would still leave icons you want to keep track off, and that start with letter late in the alphabet, moving around a lot.

why exactly isn't this possible, if it's possible to say without getting overly technical? it would seem to me that checking to see which debuffs are yours, then hiding the ones that aren't, should be within the engine's ability​​

Read the earlier response:
    kaizerin said:

Anything we could try to do to replicate a personal buff with those effects would be janky/unreliable/stressful on the game.

Post edited by aiqa on
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I have troubles telling what the icons mean, what buff/debuff they even do.
    If i have some picture and timer/numbers in it, that has no real information to me.
    So i don't really bother looking at Icons.
    And even less of the 42 icons Cosmics have...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • yeah, there really should be a quick reference chart somewhere here or even ingame (if that's even possible - probably not as it would require creating a bunch of new UI widgets) for what each buff/debuff icon corresponds to​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    If I could only choose ONE icon to re-sort to the beginning of the list,it would be Genetic Exhaustion, so I could actually keep track of how much time I had left on my Onslaught mode.

Or we could just get the Grond/Gravitar/Medusa buff icon fixed so that it shows its timer more often than once a month...
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited December 2017

kaizerin said:

Well, some effects can only have one copy of them on the target. So if you apply it then the other guy next to you applies it, it just resets the duration instead of duplicating the effect.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    I would be happy with some sort of in-game encyclopedia or something that listed what each icon was and how it worked. That way I could at least learn what I could try to keep an eye out for because right now so many icons can come up that I ignore more than 75% of them.
    edited December 2017
    Well, you should be ignoring 75% of them. More in fact. You only really need to know what the icons that matter to you look like, and look for those. The majority of what's on that bar is going to be irrelevant to you, and knowing what's currently up wouldn't make you play any differently.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    yeah, more often than not the icons in big fights are moving around too fast to really keep track of them anyways.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2017

yeah, more often than not the icons in big fights are moving around too fast to really keep track of them anyways.

That is (part of) why I want the important icons first. Those are much less likely to move a lot.
    Post edited by aiqa on