What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well done Capcom you just ruined Venom

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
https://youtu.be/3KT-rjVkxHY

None of that sounds okay.
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!

Comments

• canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    How can you ruin what was already rancid?
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I would say that's more revealing Venom than ruining him; it doesn't seem that inappropriate to the character (who is super-dumb, but...).
  • First time I see a Venom none-comic version and actually think of it as Venom... How was he ruined, now?
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    It's like they copy-pasted the Venom moveset from the old Marvel vs Capcom game. His voice could have been deeper. He sounds like Carnage here. The model is also lacking some mass, then again most of the models in that game seem lackluster.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Which Venom is this? Listening to him talk he sounds like Gargan.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Sounds more like Cletus/Carnage....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Yeah the voice is a little off but it isn't like capcom games are renowned for their voice acting anyway... those all seem like typical lines 1990s venom would say. It doesn't seem all to bad honestly, I was expecting worse.

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Looks, acts and moves like Venom. Voice sounds like Starscream a bit, but beyond that, I can't say Venom's voice has ever been particularly note worthy in any carnation.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    That doesn't look like Topher Grace. Someone screwed up.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

First time I see a Venom none-comic version and actually think of it as Venom... How was he ruined, now?

The voice for the love of all things holy.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    Title be clickbait tho...

Well played, we fell for it.

beezeeze said:

Title be clickbait tho...

Well played, we fell for it.

I'm just pissed. I've waited for Venom for months and I get something that sounds like bloody Carnage. I don't like f&^%ing Carnage. Eddie Brock should sound like a jock :I

• jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekbJYsEBbn0

Actually I like this Venom voice better. Venom isn't meant to sound like a gruff tough guy. Venom's supposed to sound terrifying and otherworldly.

And yeah his MvC voice sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekbJYsEBbn0

Actually I like this Venom voice better. Venom isn't meant to sound like a gruff tough guy. Venom's supposed to sound terrifying and otherworldly.

And yeah his MvC voice sucks.

That is the voice they used in MvC2. That is what Venom is meant to sound like.

Sounds more like Cletus/Carnage....

It doesn't TALK like Carnage though. Carnage always said I since he was so insane he wanted to permanently bond with the Symbiote. Which worked and made him a lot more dangerous since you couldn't separate it from him anymore.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Eddie Brock was a NYC cop. The Venom in that trailer, so far as I could tell, had a Southern accent, not the New York (probably Brooklyn) accent one should expect from Eddie. (There was a cute little exchange in one of the JMS Spider-Man stories where Ezekiel tells Peter that one of the giveaways to his identity is that Queens accent.)

If they're using the Mac Gargan version, I couldn't tell you what he should sound like, because I'm not familiar enough with Gargan's backstory to know where he's from.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    jonsills said:

Eddie Brock was a NYC cop. The Venom in that trailer, so far as I could tell, had a Southern accent, not the New York (probably Brooklyn) accent one should expect from Eddie. (There was a cute little exchange in one of the JMS Spider-Man stories where Ezekiel tells Peter that one of the giveaways to his identity is that Queens accent.)

If they're using the Mac Gargan version, I couldn't tell you what he should sound like, because I'm not familiar enough with Gargan's backstory to know where he's from.

If that is Gargan Venom then that voice is sadly correct and I will be an eternally sad panda. Guess I will be playing Venom with my hearing aid out. Thank god for my inbuilt mute button.
    Eddie Brock wasn't a cop, he was a rival reporter at Daily Bugle o3o
    spinnytop said:

Eddie Brock wasn't a cop, he was a rival reporter at Daily Bugle o3o

Eddie was at first a rival photographer of Peter Parker as far as I can recall... at what time was he an NYPD cop?

I thought that was specified in the comic, when Peter went into that bell tower at vespers to drive the symbiote away (having learned the first time he got rid of it that it was vulnerable to sonic weapons), and Eddie was down in the sanctuary praying for revenge against Spider-Man (his family had been killed by one of Spidey's many nemeses, and Eddie blamed him for not killing the nemesis earlier). I might be misremembering, but if so, it's a pretty clear mismemory...

Can't speak for the story in movies or cartoons, though.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

I think it was Flash who became a cop, not Eddie.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Its an easy mistake to make to be honest both Brock and Flash do kind of look the same in the comics these days. Middle aged drunks.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Jesus Christ, forget Venom's voice, I wouldn't be able to play this because every other move, the character is trying to make clever quips. So much that they cut themselves off doing so. that is so annoying. Nobody ever fights like that. "Right in the face! Look out! I'm gonna-- Wasted! You better-- Check thi-- That's gotta hur-- That's gonna leave a mark! Taxi! Look out! You bett-- Check please!"

HOW--FRIGGIN--ANNOYING.

Also, "UN...YIELDING... BREAKFAST!" You can't unhear it.
    biffsig.jpg
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Eddie Brock was a reporter then got assign to a special task force for Symbiotes( think). He was using the Toxin symbiote. However, due to the events that I'm too lazy to explain, he lost it to save a life. Then for some reason, he bonded with the Venom symbiote again even though he knows his body is rejecting the symbiote.

The writers oddly thought it would be great to make Eddie Venom again despite Flash being a good host for the symbiote. He isn't a villain right now, but he might turn into one.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter

I should make that Spider-Bat's battle cry!

edited November 2017

Jesus Christ, forget Venom's voice, I wouldn't be able to play this because every other move, the character is trying to make clever quips. So much that they cut themselves off doing so. that is so annoying. Nobody ever fights like that. "Right in the face! Look out! I'm gonna-- Wasted! You better-- Check thi-- That's gotta hur-- That's gonna leave a mark! Taxi! Look out! You bett-- Check please!"

HOW--FRIGGIN--ANNOYING.

When you face a Spiderman player online:

And that meme is not an overreaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x6rtVlsNh4
    edited November 2017

Eddie Brock was a reporter then got assign to a special task force for Symbiotes( think). He was using the Toxin symbiote. However, due to the events that I'm too lazy to explain, he lost it to save a life. Then for some reason, he bonded with the Venom symbiote again even though he knows his body is rejecting the symbiote.

The writers oddly thought it would be great to make Eddie Venom again despite Flash being a good host for the symbiote. He isn't a villain right now, but he might turn into one.

Brock was reporter who faked Spiderman photos and got fired. He hates/blames Parker for it. He was near the place, the church where Spidey got rid of the symbiote. Symbiote sensed Brocks hate for Parker. Symbiote bonded with Brock. Both shared the hate for Spidey/Parker. Venom was born.
    Brock has sense of twisted "righteouness". He wont hurt innocents, kind of.
    Later lots of stuff happened, like Carnage and other symbiotes. And Toxin. And AntiVenom. And ThunderBoltsVenomScorpion. And AgentVenom. And all the Venomversescrap...
    But that's the Venom origin.
    edited December 2017
    gradii said:

Well to be fair spiderman makes clever quips all the time when he fights.​​

Spidey started doing it as a way of covering his fear; it's just become a habit since. So, all the superheroes and supervillains in this game are terrified??

edited December 2017
    jonsills said:

gradii said:

Spidey started doing it as a way of covering his fear; it's just become a habit since. So, all the superheroes and supervillains in this game are terrified??
    Yes. If they'r facing Venom's old man....

Mr. Red Forman.
    :#
    edited December 2017
    jonsills said:

Batman doesn't most of what he says during battles in Injustice 2 is "I'M BATMAN U_U" but thats a whole diffrent company. The problem is and its mostly with Capcom fighting games is people shout what move they are doing while they are doing it just in case you dont know what they are doing. Ryu really wants you to know he can hadoken.
    Where's Bane when you need someone to break Batman? :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    gradii said:

HOW--FRIGGIN--ANNOYING.

I've never read a Spider-Man comic where he sounded like that. I guess "clever quips" was the wrong phrase since these things these guys are saying aren't clever nor quips. It's about as clever as Ryu shouting "hadouken" all the time.
    biffsig.jpg
    nepht said:

The problem is and its mostly with Capcom fighting games is people shout what move they are doing while they are doing it just in case you dont know what they are doing. Ryu really wants you to know he can hadoken.

Hah, I shoulda flipped to page 2 before making my previous post.
    biffsig.jpg
    Hadoken Hadouken Tatsumaki Senpukyaku Shoryuken

Sure, only when the hurricane kick avoided fireballs. Back in vanilla SFII days, it was 90 seconds of HADOUKEN! if it was Ken vs Ryu. Ken/Ryu vs anyone else, HADOUKEN HADOUKEN HADOUKEN HADOUKEN HADOUKEN HADOUKEN SHORYUKEN!

People gots no class, man.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited December 2017
    rebuttal is accutane however:

edited December 2017
    More as an aside really.(edit no.3)On the sound chip in my sega genesis the hurricane kick sounded just like "Iliketopickboogers" on both Ken and Ryu.(ken was and is better btw)
    Post edited by beezeeze on

nepht said:

The problem is and its mostly with Capcom fighting games is people shout what move they are doing while they are doing it just in case you dont know what they are doing. Ryu really wants you to know he can hadoken.

It's because they're actually casting spells. All Capcom fighting games take place in the Harry Potter universe.

nepht said:

Capcom loves to do that:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llYLDIldxCM
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Might actual get Wolverine in MvCi now as DLC....but saying the state of that game these days that might be another Monkey paw wish.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

nepht said:

Capcom loves to do that:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llYLDIldxCM
    Yeah most folks don't know about that Rogue move! It's fun to use!
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    Good gravy, all that dialog during a fight. Don't they have something better to do? Like shut up and fight??