test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How/When to use Draysha Supercharge?

chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
It isn't a power but there's no device discussion, so here it goes...

I'm really clueless on how to use this device in Cosmics. I see a lot of high-end dps use this while reaching 19 stacks without dying. When I use it, I only reach around 10 stacks before healing myself. I also know it can be used alongside Imbue because of the extra Crit Chance/Sev boost based on missing health. Moments that I know I shouldn't turn it on were Kiga storm, Ape aoe and Dino green Aoe.

Any tips on how to use this device properly? Alongwith Imbue?
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter

Comments

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Pop a consumable that heals you over time before activating Supercharge.

Have a healer friend that keeps an eye on when you activate Supercharge.

Keybind "Draysha Supercharge" in zone so that random healers know to heal you.

Use it alongside passive devices whose chance to proc extra effects are tied with your remaining Hp (right now the only one that comes to my head is Voltanic Potential, which is average but there are others).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    My tactic is to just use it whenever it's on cooldown. If the healers notice and heal me, great... if not then I turn if off when it looks like I'll die in the next 2 seconds.

If you're ranged then you can stand next to a healer and hope they notice the rather obvious visual effect. If you're melee, not so much.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    I start using mine during the most dangerous times in the boss' rotation since that's when:
    1. the Supercharger deals the least amount of damage.
    2. it provides the smallest benefit so you don't miss much by blocking....aka you want to make sure you're able to attack when it's at 15+ stacks to really benefit from it.

Example: activate when Ape is about to use the AoE, heal self after AoE as usual, enjoy worry-free stacking to 15-16 stacks since you know there won't be another AoE for a while. If you notice that you are being healed back to full health at around 15 stacks then go all the way to 18-19 stacks.

Personally, I do not use it during Kiga because Healers have enough to do there.....unless there's a big surplus of them.

For Dino, I try to be at around 5 stacks by the time she leans back to do her breath attack. I generally do this for breath attacks that I know will be followed by the DPS check, but if we have high DPS then I'll do it whenever.

If I'm healing, I generally am watching the hp bars on the teamup window....so by the time I notice someone's HP consistently ticking down at a different rate than everyone else, they are likely at about 12-15 stacks. That's when I bionic them and help them get to 19 stacks...assuming the Tanks are fine.

I really enjoy healing supercharge users because it feels like my healer is making a bigger difference.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for the tips. I'm gonna try to do these in the next Cosmics. But I'm getting real paranoid with my squishyness while draysha is active. I'm gonna try to build a sturdy dps and see if using draysha makes my dps stay similar or higher.

EDIT: STR/CON wardicator w/ Draysha still has lower DPS than my current one. Guess that's out of the picture.
    Post edited by chaosdrgnz43 on
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter