test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Creepy Perk Detective Thread

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

Another option could be the vibora maze

The hedge maze is certainly the kind of place that would have creepie-related stuff, though last time I ran through there I didn't find anything new.
  • well, if anyone goes to check out the maze, can you also look for the guy who's supposed to be by the one entrance and put him back so i can start the challenge for making it through the maze in under 2 minutes? he's been missing for the past several weeks, and probably longer

damn sovereign sons probably kidnapped him...​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User

well, if anyone goes to check out the maze, can you also look for the guy who's supposed to be by the one entrance and put him back so i can start the challenge for making it through the maze in under 2 minutes? he's been missing for the past several weeks, and probably longer

damn sovereign sons probably kidnapped him...​​

I think you have to run it one time normal, then the timed challenge become available. And if i remember correctly, after successing the timed challenge, David Bowie appears at the center of the maze and a perk can be unlocked by dancing with him.

• akaara1akaara1 Posts: 174 Arc User
    I am getting my 5000 perks for the zombie dance and I don't dare sell anything on the AH in case its needed for creepies. LOL Someone go out and get hats please. :)
    edited November 2017
    Attempting this in the VB powerhouse does have an interact, but it doesn't work. This is probably a bug with the VB powerhouse version of the teddy, but might be something else. I was able to repeat the attempt in MC and it worked.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    I'm sure this is a dead end, but what if there was a creepy based on Sammie? I notice that the teddy bear and Fenny has a transformation to get a creepy perk, but the one with the doll, not Sammie, lead to the Red SOCRATE creepy. What if Sammie could trigger herself to become a creepy just like the other two creepy from the QZ warzone? There is the Doll/AF in the warzone for reference.

i encourage you to use "Holiday spirit" device on Eidolon friendly target, his reaction is funny

Any costume change device seems to trigger an emote. Always the same, though.
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited November 2017
    qawsada said:

I'm sure this is a dead end, but what if there was a creepy based on Sammie?

I agree that Sammie is still a possibility. We've filled in Creepies 6 and 7, with Teddy and Fenny. I'm curious what 5 is.

The QZone Sammie is sporting a Soaked Aura (low-res water droplet screenshot from me; higher-res aura screenshot from @kamokami):
    imageimage

The aura could be a red herring, or a legitimate clue. Things that have been tried so far, while approaching Sammie at the Vibora cathedral (with the QZone Sammie checked off, and her Dolls mission completed):
    • Soaked Aura (both equipped and carrying an unbound version)
    • Regular/Perma Water Balloons (hitting her and having them in inventory)
    • Family-sized Water Balloons (hitting her and having them in inventory) is there a perma version of this?
    • Perma/Rickety Crate of Water Balloons (summoning and having it in inventory)
    • Knock-Off Water Balloon, from the Crate (hitting her and having them in inventory)
    • Gargle perk, for water balloon throwing
    • talking to Sammie while standing in the pool of water behind her
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I've been searching the Hedge Maze for clues. No creepy-related unless you count Bowie how appears and disappears like the Chesire Cat. I did that the southeast corner of the maze(X) seem to have a small space where you can sneak inside the maze. However, i think this is just a glitch.

I'm convinced that Bound items aren't meant to be trigger items now. That means permanent items like Permanent Snowball, Foxbat Bubblegum/Seismic Ball and others are ruled out. All the trigger items so far are non-bound. Same goes with quest instances.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    qawsada said:

I'm sure this is a dead end, but what if there was a creepy based on Sammie? I notice that the teddy bear and Fenny has a transformation to get a creepy perk, but the one with the doll, not Sammie, lead to the Red SOCRATE creepy. What if Sammie could trigger herself to become a creepy just like the other two creepy from the QZ warzone? There is the Doll/AF in the warzone for reference.

I was actually talking about this yesterday, thinking that 1,2,3,4 are related to 5,6,7,8, so we still have Sammie and Cheshire to find. Although it could be said that 13 is related to Sammie because of getting the coins from the dolls.

Maybe the water aura refers to Lemuria, or more vaguely, any zone that has any water areas. Could be that Sammie is dead and we're finding dolls for her ghost or something. She could have died by drowning. Though I guess I would begin my search in water volumes in Vibora Bay, like in pools or fountains, cuz what the heck would she be doing in Lemuria?

Maybe the frozen lake where the jet went down in Canada?
    biffsig.jpg
    For those who do not get the "Sammie" reference:

http://thering.wikia.com/wiki/Samara_Morgan

Wet aura because she died drowned.

edited November 2017
    Does it say anywhere in the game that she's actually dead? Could be another face-value pop culture reference, or could be that she has a story behind her.

Anyway time to find a well, maybe? :P

Edit: Well's Pass in Monster Island?
    biffsig.jpg
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    qawsada said:

In my perspective, we've already done what we needed for Sammie. Since she was part of the clues to do the Lost Dollies mission and defeat the dolls till you got the Arcade token. But if you do manage to find something even more from her (which I highly doubt because she's a mission giver and wouldn't turn hostile on the players.)

• Soaked Aura (both equipped and carrying an unbound version)
    • Regular/Perma Water Balloons (hitting her and having them in inventory)
    • Family-sized Water Balloons (hitting her and having them in inventory) is there a perma version of this?
    • Perma/Rickety Crate of Water Balloons (summoning and having it in inventory)
    • Knock-Off Water Balloon, from the Crate (hitting her and having them in inventory)
    • Gargle perk, for water balloon throwing
    • talking to Sammie while standing in the pool of water behind her
    Could also maybe try the Holy Water power (or unbound unlock version) too given her ghostly nature.
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"

Does it say anywhere in the game that she's actually dead? Could be another face-value pop culture reference, or could be that she has a story behind her.

Anyway time to find a well, maybe? :P

Edit: Well's Pass in Monster Island?

Pretty sure she's referencing Samara since there's a Twilight reference in the Sapphire/Foxbat questline. So yeah, she's probably a ghost.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    In the South-West, there is a Well in the GY of Burnside and a couple in Snake Gulch.

In Canada, there is another in the Hoarfrost Hills.

Vibora Bay is obviously rich with fountains, ponds, and pools. Of note, the swimming pool of the mansion by the TV Studio has a frog statue floating belly up, submerged.
    Post edited by n8mcd on
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    n8mcd said:

Of note, the swimming pool of the mansion by the TV Studio has a frog statue floating belly up, submerged.

It's had this ever since VB was released and I have spent way too much time trying to make it mean something haha.
  • so, what happened to that dollie spawn location map that was on the first page?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Use this:

biffsig.jpg
    How many creepies in QW so far, without a trigger?
    akaara1 said:

How many creepies in QW so far, without a trigger?

There's 4 I believe,
    Chesire, Fenny, Teddy and Sammie
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    kamokami said:

just to update everyone, we have a new hint from Kaiserin: "you guys have been overlooking the theater"

We checked....:
    Salem's House
    Of Serums and Secrets
    VB Powerhouse Theater
    MC Powerhouse Theater
    Belle's Saloon

Even all of these have been looked at carefully, I'd encourage everyone to go check them some more. Maybe you'll spot something no one else has.

I imagine the teddy creepie from the Qzone was a hint for this as well. So IMO either the teddy itself or something else in one of the powerhouse theater's is creepy related. Orrrr it's some other theater.

We also have Powerhouse in submarine. @3@
    I thought someone already found the one in the theater? Is there an outdoor theater anyplace? I looked around but got side-tracked doing the maze run.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    there's an area near the high apostolic church in VB that's theater-like...looks somewhat like an amphitheater

come to think of it, there's a similar area in new shadows territory, just south of sweetland's restaurant, i think​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    monaahiru said:

We also have Powerhouse in submarine. @3@

akaara1 said:

I thought someone already found the one in the theater? Is there an outdoor theater anyplace? I looked around but got side-tracked doing the maze run.

there's an area near the high apostolic church in VB that's theater-like...looks somewhat like an amphitheater

No need to speculate regarding the theater hint...that creepie has been found:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1209836/creepy-perk-guide

See Creepie #6 at guide link above.
    Have the wolves in Canada (they look like cheshire) always appear and disappear like that? I never noticed it before.
    akaara1 said:

Have the wolves in Canada (they look like cheshire) always appear and disappear like that? I never noticed it before.

Yeah. Any wolves, bears, etc. that you come close to automatically scurry off and disappear. They reappear in like a minute or two
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png

"Don't call me lizard!"
    so 2 of the 4 creepies in QW seem to lead to other creepies. Where besides Canada can you find "cheshire" wolves? I wonder if you need to have a wolf AF in your inventory? I also explored under the water in Canada since it has the least amount of explorable water. I even checked out the indian grave yard but nothing, checked in all the huts too in the sasquatch villages but I may have moved around too much and not waited long enough for any type of spawn. I did run across a special named wolf who was white but I assume that's for another quest/perk. VB seems to be a dead end for wolves except the Dogz. Just rambling thoughts about creepy hunting.
  • there are a fair few wolf AFs in the game, but most of them are zen items

the only one i can think of that isn't is white wolf from the red winter alert​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited November 2017
    Well Chesire is red (Red Winter)... also thinking of the "not all walls lock you out" Cybermind locks you in, he is in prison, did we check the prisons? You can also have walls of fire and ice, and you get the kenina and frosty AF. I'm going to check out the prison, especially since Menton uses walls in your mind you have to escape from. Also, walls don't lock but doors do.
    edited November 2017
    has there always been a hat floating on this statue at Stronghold Prison? https://imgur.com/a/j73iq
    never mind its always been there.
    Post edited by akaara1 on
    akaara1 said:

has there always been a hat floating on this statue at Stronghold Prison? https://imgur.com/a/j73iq
    never mind its always been there.

Yes, that hat's always been there since the game's release.
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png

"Don't call me lizard!"
    akaara1 said:

Well Chesire is red (Red Winter)... also thinking of the "not all walls lock you out" Cybermind locks you in, he is in prison, did we check the prisons? I'm going to check out the prison, especially since Menton uses walls in your mind you have to escape from. Also, walls don't lock but doors do.

Prisons are the first places i checked few days ago, Desert stronghold and MC nemesis prison break. Found nothing.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    Has anyone checked that one mission where you go into cyberspace (the single-player one, not the Cybermind alert)? Since the creepies are flavored as game glitches, might be something in there?
    edited November 2017

Has anyone checked that one mission where you go into cyberspace (the single-player one, not the Cybermind alert)? Since the creepies are flavored as game glitches, might be something in there?

Fatal Error? Yes, I did a very thorough run. But that was before the latest string of creepie finds, although it was after the 13th creepie was found.

It would be worth checking both that and Cybermind again.
    Post edited by kamokami on
    edited November 2017
    We've had another patch so it's worth re-checking every relevant area once more to see if there are any changes because we have seen changes to Creepies with patches....specifically Fenny. Stuff to look at for changes and clues:
    1. The Vibora Bay Arcade
    2. Fenny: info and interaction prompts
    3. Qzone in general
    4. Qzone creepies....spawn all 4 and see if any of them look different, have new info text, or have new accessories (like the Teddy did)
    5. Powerhouse Theater. If the Arcade is one hub for clues and Creepies the Powerhouse Theater might be another...each of the first 4 Creepies: Fenny, Teddy, Sammie, Cheshire may map to an different area for clues in addition to being tied to Creepies.
    6. Another check on Sammie (esp with the Soaked Aura in your inventory) and check the surrounding area
    7. Check the Fenny in the hamper at Carl's Gym
    8. Check completed perk text for Creepies perks
    9. Check on Spiral, the cat at the Games of Chance booth near the Arcade....does the cat say anything besides:
    "You..." "Travesty..." "Unlikely..." "No..." "Iffy..."
    - - spells: UNITY, U Tiny, Nuit (night in french)
    - - also could be words that would complete a sentence or phrase hence the "..." at the end of each word

None of the text hints have been helpful so far but let's list them just in case:
    "The end is nigh"
    "You should not have done that"
    "Always watching"
    "We are all going to die"
    "The cat may have answers" - pretty sure this refers to Spiral, but there are other randomly placed cats in the game that could be checked
    "Not all walls lock you out"

Other loose ends:
    - We have not found anything regarding Cheshire

- There's probably more to Sammie than just the arcade coins from her dollies. Especially since she recently got the soaked aura effect on her in the Qzone.
    - - Lemuria would be a great place for Creepies but not sure where to start.....
    - - Canada has an underwater mission and some lakes worth checking
    - - MI, MC, and VB all have water around them....worth checking those areas

- The arcade machine reverts to a Monster Attack game after you use a coin to play it
    Post edited by kamokami on
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Good resume, I'll add it to the OP
    I was trying to focus on cheshire since its the first one... but there are not enough hints to go on.
    lezard21 said:

Good resume, I'll add it to the OP

I forgot to add "Always watching" as a text clue.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Keep in mind there is no guarantee that pre-existing items and terrain may not be a part of this.

For example, Sammie's dollies.
    Any thoughts on which, if any, of the items during the Nighthawk event might be needed to trigger clues or creepies?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Spiral "looking for something" had me thinking circumstantial evidence, but I do think that Spiral may be looking for something related to an event we haven't had yet, the Winter Event.

I'm inclined to think it may be two pre-existing items along with a costume piece, but I'm not too sure what they could be.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I made a vid of the arcade machine part: https://youtu.be/DLeBijZbMPw
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    also what is that thing at :26?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

also what is that thing at :26?

Do you mean when your character model was hijacked? When I had that, I kinda went 2D and all that was left was an aura with pixels around it.
    Well, I see something that looks like the side of an arcade cabinet, where there wasn't one before. Maybe is't just a visual quirk?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    nothing new... ?
    There are hardly any leads atm. Waiting on the next event for possible trigger items. I'm suspecting Spiral's trigger items might be nightmare invasion-related. But its just a hunch.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Also waiting on Cybermind's alert to cycle in again, since the "Not all walls lock you in" might be related
    Wait... lock in as in lock out alert? hmm...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    lezard21 said:

Also waiting on Cybermind's alert to cycle in again, since the "Not all walls lock you in" might be related

It is "Not all walls locks you out" which can mean two things:

- Some walls can lock you in
    - Some walls do not prevent you to enter

Any idea other than prisons and cybermind alert ?