test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about "Interrupt".

monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
I've heard [Swift Strike] or some thing in single blade power set has Interrupt effect, but have no idea true or fault from Hero Creater description.
My tank is dark-blade themed so considering to change from [Backhand Chop] to other power having Interrupt effect.
I'm happy if anybody give a good advice about the other powers having Interrupt effect.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    Afaik, Swift Strike is a stun, and not technically an interrupt. Power Gauntlet's Interrupt used to not be 100% at full charge (was around 80% iirc) but the interrupt had no internal cd, and I think could be used to stop some higher ranked targets (prob not intended). Now, there's a cd on interrupting from the gauntlet, and it won't interrupt higher ranked targets. I don't think Backhand Chop has the same internal cd, but that's prob also cause its a cd-based ability as is.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Interrupts

These are Crowd Control Abilities which interrupt the use of any power by your opponent. This is a very powerful and potent form of Crowd Control, as a result they are limited to what they can affect. In addition to this some have an internal cool down, specific range or a chance to interrupt mechanic attached to them. Despite this, other players are not immune to interrupt mechanics. Interrupts can interrupt maintained powers, charges, blocking and if timed correctly click attacks. Currently there are only three powers in Champions Online which have access to interrupt mechanics via advantages or innate mechanics. There are no direct resistances or counter mechanics to interrupts.

Backhand Chop - is a close combat (10ft or less from target) interrupt power with a base cool down of 6 seconds. This interrupt is limited to Henchmen to Master Villain rank foes. The interrupt effect can also work on "Other Champions" (Players in PvP).

Power Gauntlet - is a 100ft ranged blast power which has a 25% - 100% chance to interrupt a target. The chance to interrupt increases with charge time to a max chance of 100%. This interrupt works on Henchmen to Master Villain ranked foes. The interrupt effect can also work on "Other Champions" (Players in PvP).

Ice Cage's Sub-Zero Cellblock Advantage - Sub-Zero Cellblock is an interrupt which aims to interrupt any charge or maintain that the target is casting when it is initially applied. However this advantage has a 9 second internal cool down before it can interrupt again. This interrupt is limited to Henchmen to Master Villain ranked foes. The interrupt effect can also work on "Other Champions" (Players in PvP).

^ Information lifted from the Crowd Control page I wrote for the Champions Wiki.