test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are there any other player using keyboard and mouse such like as me?

Or most people are using gamepad? I've been doing this game just with keyboard and mouse since Beta for 8 years...
Is gamepad good? o3o

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Right here
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Likewise. Too many butons to press to use a gamepad. :)
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I use keyboard and mouse only for healer toons. Otherwise, I use an Xbox controller. For me, it feels weird to play without the controller.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    I like the keyboard. O 3 O
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Gamepad master race

its an action MMO, playing it with mouse and keyboard is just clunky, awkward and unsatisfied for me
    gradii wrote: »
    Mouse and keyboard, it's an MMO. I tried an Xbox controller once it literally made it impossible to play.

impossible to play... i have been playing CO with gamepad(s) 5 years now
    even on healers​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I'm using Steam VR. It's like you're in the game.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User

Sounds so new!! o3o
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Default controls are crap. Gamepad is fine once you fix Cryptic's terrible choices.

I generally don't use the controller for healing any more since the team hotkeys don't work in team up and the UI is generally awful.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I used to play with gamepad. Now I play with mouse and keyboard. Both are okay.

Or maybe the game was inside of you all along?
    So glad to see many people playing with keyboard/mouse. I though many of the ppl were using gamepads.
    My build, position of power / device slot, are all settled just for keyboard and mouse, easy for me to control. o3o
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Keyboard and mouse here! Last time I used anything else was with the original Nintendo back in the day...

... now I feel old!
  • ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    Gamepad here, mostly because I started playing before I learned how much difference a proper ergonomic gaming mouse makes.

-Ogre
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I usually feel my controls are more like me making suggestions than actual controls, can't tell you how many times I've clicked on an active defense only to die seconds later without the defense having gone off, but I use mouse and keyboard.
  • scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
    Mouse and keyboard.
    My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
    =Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
    =Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
    =By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
    =Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=

• royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    Keyboard and mouse here too, but I'm astonished to see some legendary players listed here.
  • mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    Keyboard and mouse.
    I use mostly keyboard and mouse, but I've used a 360 pad for some of my characters. Sometimes it depends on the travel power the character has. Like the swinging and teleport powers feel a bit more clunky to me when I'm on gamepad than when I'm using a mouse and keyboard.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    Gamepad, XBox 360.
    (As an aside -- HAI ALL, took a break from mmos for a bit while, I'll be back playing regularly. :))
    edited November 2017

Keyboard and mouse here too, but I'm astonished to see some legendary players listed here.

I thought vixy was controlling the game like this. o3o

• beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Keyboard and mouse for me, tried the default controller setup once and didn't like it and didn't care enough to try and make it better. I'm just used to using a keyboard and mouse in tab to target mmos, plus I use a bunch of keybinds and would likely run out of buttons quickly on the standard xbox type controller.

However in nearly any other type of game I much prefer using a controller if possible.

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I've honestly never tried using a controller for CO. I've always used a keyboard and mouse (changed my mouse several times out of frustration with sensitivity and clicking issues >_>)
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    I can imagine playing dps or tank would work fine with a controller, but most healing wouldn't be great. In particular targeted heals wouldn't work well.
    edited November 2017
    So proh players doing the game like this right? o3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFwwv8FvLgU

Oh no I only have 5 fingers on each hands and no digital ports on my brain.

And the elites should doing game such like this. I know.

Post edited by monaahiru on
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    aiqa said:

I can imagine playing dps or tank would work fine with a controller, but most healing wouldn't be great. In particular targeted heals wouldn't work well.

If Team Up actually worked properly, and created proper teams, you could. I spent five years on a PS3 controller as a moderately popular Final Fantasy 11 Whitemage. :)
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • jokerdiace#3504 jokerdiace Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I play with controler since release, and it even has friendly targeting which is quite neat (I found it by accident). It's a "switch targeting mode"-thingy, press RT+RB at the same time, then hop between your friendlies using RB like normal, once healed, switch back with the same combo. Dunno if everyone was aware, since "on most toons except healer" because targeting was mentioned. ;)
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 767 Arc User
    I tried the controller, but every input using that had like a 3-4 second delay before it took effect, it was unusable.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • wisedoomwisedoom Posts: 19 Arc User
    I likw using keypad abd the mouse. But I wish they had better options for a layout system. I really don't care about all that 360 degree crap in games. I am so used to the control system that a game called Marvel Heroes Omega uses. Their system for game controls is the best. I wish I had that same option of control sytem for Champions Online. Being that Marvel Heroes Omega is shutting down on Dec. 31st. I know I can't get used to the control system layout this game offers. I like being able to control where my character goes with my mouse, not with my keypad. THat's a downfall on this game.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    The way this game's UI is laid out, using gamepad makes no sense to me.

I need my binds man, and there aren't enough buttons on a gamepad to store a button that specifically allows me to call out "TOMB!" in local while also targeting the said tomb. Then there's also the flat-out flexibility of being able to press enter mid-fight or whatever to communicate with people. And nobody really uses the voice chat in this game.

Pretty early on I made adjustments to my control scheme so that instead of having to hold down ALT to activate top-row powers and travel powers I instead use F1-F7, and Y instead of T for my secondary travel ability.

Heck, only times I've really used my gamepad on PC is for the Dark Souls series (where inversely its UI makes absolutely no sense with M+KB) and for like the two isolated incidents in this game where I wanted to walk extremely slowly, since tilting the analog stick ever so slightly moves you a lot slower than just using /walk 1
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    I use keyboard, but I have tried controller too, it's indeed the best way to play the game, but man I don't get used to it​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I use keyboard and mouse, but more keyboard than mouse. I mostly use mouse for vehicle steering, manual targeting and camera twirling.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    I use keyboard and mouse, though I have been trying to reconfigure a xbox controller to be able to switch between a cursor and mouse control and regular xbox controls. If I can get that working, I might be able to play Champs from bed without leaning over a keyboard. :)
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Dude. This game is not Diablo....
    And you have total control making your control layout fit for you. Just have to use it.
    How long have you actually played this game?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    Keyboard & Mouse master-race here. I suppose I could mess about with the controller if I wanted to, but I'm so used to using the keyboard/mouse combination, I can't imagine not doing so.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    always, currently having to use right side of keyboard only, due to left arm being in plaster.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User
    Xbox 360 controller here. I wish the chat pad worked but that's about it. Still need a mouse for some stuff but a wireless trackball is a marvel of technology.
    Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)
  • darthmaxusdarthmaxus Posts: 12 Arc User
    Keyboard and mouser here, simply because I keyboard-and-mouse most games that aren't specifically designed for controllers (such as stylish action games like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, or fighting games like Injustice Gods Among Us).
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    Keyboard and Mouse, and I have been using them for Games since late 1998!!!!!!
    LoL most likely longer than some have been alive LoL
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Heck, I use keyboard and touchpad on my laptop.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    I map movement to the numpad, powers to left side of keyboard. I use the mouse only when necessary.
  • calistariuscalistarius Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Keyboard and mouse.

There are extremely few games, and types of games, that I would use a controller for on a pc. Probably 95+ % of all games I play on PC is with keyboard and mouse.

The things I use a controller for on PC is mostly things like: 2D platformers, some driving games (not GTA or GTA like games though, there I go full keyboard and mouse), and some of the more traditional 2D and 3D JRPG's (like PC versions of Final Fantasy games for example), and maybe some other games here and there.
  • saburfangsaburfang Posts: 121 Arc User
    I use the keyboard and mouse for this game.

Only game for PC I use a controller for is Soul Calibur 6
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    Ew... Mouse and Keyboard.

Pure Controller user here, on all games.
    You name it, got a controller mapping for it haha.
  • thebluelinkthebluelink Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    If I used a controller for some of the kinds of things I have to do in this game, I'd be looking like a heckin' cryptid right about now with the way my hands would look. ;-;

In all seriousness though, I use a controller every now and then for computer gaming but I guess I kinda operate on a "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mindset, so I probably don't see myself switching to one after playing this game with M&K for literally YEARS now.

...but hey, you guys do you, if you can play the game with one then more power to you, feel free to use an arcade stick if that's your style, even~.
    nice profile picture bro