test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blazing Lockbox Discussion Thread

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Please discuss all Lockbox changes relating to the recent PTS update here.

Blazing Lockbox
  • Added Scorching Slide travel, Meteor Blaze power, Swoon Emote, Sassy Wink Emote to the pts store.
  • Added Blaise loyal sidekick.
  • Added the following Blazing costumes to the lockbox: Tights, Wisps, Feathers, Eyewear, Headwear, Necklace, Shoulders, Emblem, Bracers, Belt, Skirt, Greaves, Feet.
  • Added a chance to drop gear boxes alongside mod box drops with the Blazing lockbox.
  • Example: Regular Modification Cases have a chance to come with a Bold Primary Pack, and Rare Modification Cases hav a chance to come with a Mercenary Primary Pack.
  • This does not impact the overall droprate of mod boxes, but instead adds a chance to get gear in addition to the mods.
  • Bold Primary Pack drops 2 slot green Primary gear at the level you open it up at.
  • The Blazing Lockbox will drop Booster Box IV's instead of III's.
  • Changed the Crafting Skill +10 item to purple quality to better reflect its rarity.

Booster Box IV can drop the following items:
  • A Costume Change Token
  • Crafting Skill+10
  • 10% Catalyst x3
  • XP Boost Plus
  • Resource Boost

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

BBCode:
[color="#ff0000"]Bug
Where it happens
What happens[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#ff0000">Bug
Where it happens
What happens</font>

Please format any suggestions you have in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

BBCode:
[color="#4a86e8"]Suggestion
Your suggestion[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#4a86e8">Suggestion
Your suggestion</font>

​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    BUG: Meteor Blaze, when not ranked up, still thinks you have put two adv points into it, ie you can buy rank 2 but not 3 without exceeding 5 points. Also, you can get another ultimate power after Meteor Blaze and use both, though it's supposed to be an ultimate.
    Suggestion: Meteor Blaze doesn't look very "ultimate". It's quite small and I also believe it may simply be using the model of the volcano rocks that fall on Monster Island. I'd make it bigger or more explode-y.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Comments: Not all the content of this lockbox have been released on PTS yet.

Does this mean more stuff not listed is going to be added or that all of the things listed haven't been added yet? If it's the latter, it's weird there are no costume bits.

Isn't 2 slot gear normally blue? Why make it green? People just associate green with trash tier.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    i've seen plenty of 2-slot green gear...i think it was green, anyway​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

i've seen plenty of 2-slot green gear...i think it was green, anyway​​

With the exception of a handful of mission specific items (Stout Overlay of the Elder Worms), isn't green just vendor trash?
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    There will be a costume set and sidekick in this lockbox, it just isn't on pts yet.

Most senior players will probably not see the green gear as useful, but others may find it handy.
    And, once again, it's not taking up spots for other items, it's just an addition you can get when getting the green mod case as a drop.​​
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    There is almost no market for green 2 slot primaries in the AH. Based on how poor that market is, I am confident people dabble with lockboxes are not the people who would settle for a green 2 slot primary either, and because the market is so abysmal for those, it is in fact, adding a chance of vendor trash to the lockbox.

A practical and useful item we want from lockboxes is Legion gear.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2017
    No, it isn't.

Let's say as an example the chance to get a green mod box is 5% (this is an example, not actual values).
    With this change the chance to get a mod box is still 5%, there's just a chance that the mod boxes will also come with gear.

It's understood that many won't care for the green gear, but some will find it useful. It's not removing any value from the Lockbox since it's not taking away from other drops.​​
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    So this booster box is the real reason for the change to the free costume token.

Green garbage gear isn't adding any value to the lockboxes either. You're better off putting merc and legion boxes back in it
    Is green gear hard to find by playing the game normally? Don't most people just use leveling gear anyway?

Would rather see legion gear as a drop / token exchange from playing the game that can be traded / sold like heroics.​​
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    The green gear isnt' instead of merc chance or legion chance. Those would not be in the lockbox in any case.

Green two slots are usually vendor trash, but that means a bit of Resources. Also, level 40 Green Utility Primary do actually sell in the AH.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2017

The green gear isnt' instead of merc chance or legion chance. Those would not be in the lockbox in any case.

Green two slots are usually vendor trash, but that means a bit of Resources. Also, level 40 Green Utility Primary do actually sell in the AH.

Also silver players use lesser gear like this .... stepping stones ... I sell almost everything I post in AH. Just don't be greedy. Seems the game is getting an influx of silver players and honestly the game is more profitable selling FF slots than gold memberships IMHO. Get used to change if ya wanna see more players. Just my opinion.
    My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
    =Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
    =Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
    =By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
    =Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=

• draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

You're better off selling the key you would otherwise use to open the lockbox if resources is what you're after. Silvers are better off getting merc grear from the q store.
  • scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
    draogn said:

You're better off selling the key you would otherwise use to open the lockbox if resources is what you're after. Silvers are better off getting merc grear from the q store.
    Takes a lot of time to get a set of Q gear of any kind. Cheaper slot-able interim gear helps silvers be more competitive while saving up for the better stuff. It also creates a whole new life/market for lower grade mods. Just my 2 cents as silver player.
    My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
    =Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
    =Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
    =By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
    =Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=

gradii wrote: »
    The CORRECT green gear is extremely hard to find yes.

Putting RNG gear in a lockbox isn't going to change that. Or is this green gear more like heroics in that it has no stats, leaving you free to stick in the mods you want? If that's the case, it should probably be blue.​​
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    I am sure there are 4 or 5 people who will think the green gear is useful #hyperbole

What would be ACTUALLY FACTUALLY useful for the people buying keys and opening the lockboxes (and not a mostly imaginary secondary market) is returning Legion Gear to lockboxes.
    draogn said:

But who said I was using keys to get resources? Being able to get a few Gs from lockbox greens would just be an occasional bonus.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    I'd be happier with healing patches or the Resurrections rather than green gear. Those are things that every player could use.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Emotes:

- As per usual now, both Sassy Wink and Swoon emotes are amazing. I really hope whoever is doing the animation work for these things reveals themselves soon, but for now, if they are reading the forums...GREAT WORK! :+1: (Please make a face palm emote!)

Auras:

- Unfortunately, from my perspective only one aura really stood out as something I'd want "RIGHTNOW" and that was the Spinning Embers Aura.

- Thermal Energy Aura looks a bit weird and/or has colouring issues maybe? It seems to be running pink/yellow/orange as a default, I think it may look better if it was just two colours which complimented each other per base colour selection.

I look forward to seeing other items from this lockbox!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Suggestion
    Blazing Helmet should have fire as a material...

I have no idea if it would look good, but the fact it doesn't have it seems strange. Either that or it should have a flame object (like cosmic flames).
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I’d love to see helmet, haven’t had a chance to log into PTS
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    IMO the Blazing Helmet should be part of Side Accessories as well. It's not really a helmet and more in line with what we currently have in the side accessories category.
    Apologies if this is in the wrong place but:

Bug
    Upon logging into the latest version of the PTS, I gained the perk "Stuffed" for "Eating too much turkey"? I assume this shouldn't happen and is meant to be related to an item use.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    not necessarily...it could be tied to a kill perk like that one for bloodmoon that gave you the zombie bone device for getting the 5K turakian zombie kill perk

though, a description like that makes it sound more like there's going to be a turkey-related consumable added, along with a set of perks for consuming them...better not be another damn 1K one like those stupid hot dogs​​
    #LegalizeAwoo

not necessarily...it could be tied to a kill perk like that one for bloodmoon that gave you the zombie bone device for getting the 5K turakian zombie kill perk

though, a description like that makes it sound more like there's going to be a turkey-related consumable added, along with a set of perks for consuming them...better not be another damn 1K one like those stupid hot dogs​​

The character I gained it on is brand new (called Covfefe) and has no perks or kill counts aside from any which can possibly be gained by spending a few hours within the dummy area of the power house.
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    What do these new emotes look like? I can't access PTS, but I wanna see. T^T
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Good work on the addition of 2-slot green gear to the lockboxes. I have too many mods and not enough gear to put it in, if this stuff can be sold then it will be of use either to me (when levelling) or to other players.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    What you don’t have enough mercenary gear?
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Does the change to crafting skill +10 to purple quality affect its drop rate?
    What you don’t have enough mercenary gear?

Not at levels 30-38, no. There's a dearth of moddable gear to buy in the AH and if you haven't been bothered to spend Q on a levelling set this might be a nice alternative. Presumably the green gear will still work the same was other lockbox kit, i.e. be set to the level of the toon that opened the box...
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Bug
    Blazing 2 top accessory, color channel 4 lacks glow. As all the other color channels in blazing 1 and blazing 2 have glow, this seems likely not intended
    Blazing shoulders have no materials.
    Color channel 4 of blazing clothing has glow. Nothing actually uses that color channel (the attachment does and can have glow, but is separately colored).

Suggestion
    Blazing chest and arms could have a variant that replaces the first two colors with skin.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    All right, if the Green gear is heavily weighted for Primary Utility, it will be of some practical use. That category is always anemic in the AH. My niche psuedo-pet build is about to go root Slug out of his lair just to get something decent. (And given that character's inability to one-shot Followers, that will be a severe pain)
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Really liking the Blazing costume set. It's not AMAZING, per se, but it's by far more useful than, say, the Alien Armor, in my opinion. Haven't yet scrutinized them for material/coloring issues but I'm sure those will all be worked out.

Hopefully there will be a good secondary bunch of costumes, it'll be a bit hard to live up to the Futuristic pieces but I'm hopeful.

A "fire support archetype" sounds interesting, as far as I know this is a new treatment for powerset reviews. Usually it's just existing powers getting their own archetype a la Psychokinetic, Icicle, Gunslinger, or whatever the laser sword one was called. This should do well to increase variety, I know a lot of players want more options for healing than telepathy or celestial.

All right, if the Green gear is heavily weighted for Primary Utility, it will be of some practical use. That category is always anemic in the AH. My niche psuedo-pet build is about to go root Slug out of his lair just to get something decent. (And given that character's inability to one-shot Followers, that will be a severe pain)

I got four pieces of this green gear from opening 25 boxes. Three of them were utility. That's a tiny sample set, but weighting more towards utility is a great idea.

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Blazing Lockbox
    • Added a chance to drop gear boxes alongside mod box drops with the Blazing lockbox.
    • Example: Regular Modification Cases have a chance to come with a Bold Primary Pack, and Rare Modification Cases hav a chance to come with a Mercenary Primary Pack.
    • This does not impact the overall droprate of mod boxes, but instead adds a chance to get gear in addition to the mods.
    • Bold Primary Pack drops 2 slot green Primary gear at the level you open it up at.

Personally, I'm not too sure adding this kind of gear makes the lockboxes themselves worthwhile. The problem with Legion's gear being in Lockboxes was that it was selling power. They were strong pieces of gear that could have only been acquired if someone paid for the lockbox. I understand that maybe putting gear into the lockboxes is a part of their appeal, but it seems that the appeal for gear from the lockboxes has been gutted since the gear within doesn't have much more strength than a typical piece of Mission or Dropped gear. Sure it's a nice bonus, but few people will desire this gear other than those that may not know that it's behind a lockbox anyway, or think that such gear is beneath the payment required to open one.

Suggestion: I would much rather scrap the idea of putting gear into lockboxes altogether. It's a slap in the face for anyone in need of the equipment. Though I like the idea of Bold Gear and the packs they come in. Instead of cutting out this work, allow this gear to be purchasable from the UNTIL Recognition Vendor. They don't really have the same value to be placed with Mercenary's Questionite or Heroics or Endgame Sets SCR/GCR costs. This equipment should be readily available, moreso than the aforementioned gear types, and UNTIL Recog is always a plentiful resource.

In addition, I'd hate to see Legion's gear become extinct since new lockboxes are no longer serving them. I think a perfect place for them would be in the QWZ Hermes vendors. An endgame area for such powerful Endgame gear that doesn't necessarily require us to spend GCR or SCR to collect. The relatively new Mercenary Secondaries should also be moved into the Questionite store to live with their Primary family.

kaizerin wrote: »
    Booster Box IV can drop the following items:
    • A Costume Change Token
    • Crafting Skill+10
    • 10% Catalyst x3
    • XP Boost Plus
    • Resource Boost

I think the part about this I like the most is that the Costume Change Token was added here.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Presumably part of the appeal of Bold gear is to try and make opening lockboxes more worthwhile for lower levels. At the moment you can get your Merc gear from a lockbox at lvl 30 but it's worth more as a sales item than a practical equip for the player... some useable gear on opening a box would never be a bad thing.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    Bug: The blazing neck costume piece clips into the back of the neck and shoulders on female models - this gets worse with certain slider settings, but even at the defaults it's quite obviously broken.