test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has anyone ever completed the defeat 5,000 perk?

How long did it take? It seems possible, but something that happens years later when you could care less about it. Has anyone ever planned and defeated 5,000 foes?

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Plenty of people have completed multiple 5k perks. How long it takes depends on which mobs you're after, but it normally takes a few days.
  • screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    Interesting, maybe I should look at some videos. A few days isn't bad.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Get a good AoE, head to VB and blast away. You will probably get some salable costume drops along the way.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    Sweet thanks you two
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Vehicles have trivialised kill 5000 perks. Just get Incendiary Rounds and blast away. The most troublesome perks are the Lemuria Construct ones and Bureau 17 robots due to the low number of spawns they have, everything else should take 4-6 hours each at worst.
  • isn't rank 3 of the lemurian construct one only 100 though - or am i thinking of empyrean constructs? are those even a fightable thing? either way, that helps offset the low number of spawns​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I only got the 5k perk from Dogz and Sov Sons. Because of Costume piece unlocks.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    Isn't Pet Cemetery still bugged?

That's the third 5000 Kill Perk that tracks Foes Pet kills, but only seems to track a very few specific foes pets.

I have it, I grinded it out over a period of eight months to get the once rare AF [the Robo-Teddy] that perk used to grant.

A year after I ground it out, the robo-teddy beacame a free grant to anyone who completed Westside.. Ugh.

But that's why I remember that particular kill perk line and it's bugged nature so well.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I got the zombie dance, so that's 5k of all the Vibora bay mobs plus evil spirits. How quick it is depends entirely on how close the mobs are, how fragile the mobs are, and what powers you're using. If you're trying to kill 5k Sovereign Sons with a blast attack it's going to take a long time. If you have a decent AoE attack, like epidemic, and you're in an area where they're clustered together and respawn relatively quickly then it might take four to six hours. When I got the perks I was farming costume unlocks so I didn't really keep track of the time, but when the zombie dance was added to the game it took me about 4 hours to get the under 4k evil spirits I needed to unlock the dance. A lot of that time was me traveling back to sell the junk I'd picked up along the way.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Take pesty and [Epidemic]...
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    I have almost all of them completed. I think I only need 5 more to have them all?

@Glass-Rose in game if you have any questions about farming spots or anything. :)

Rose_sig.png
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    iamrune said:

Isn't Pet Cemetery still bugged?

That's the third 5000 Kill Perk that tracks Foes Pet kills, but only seems to track a very few specific foes pets.

I have it, I grinded it out over a period of eight months to get the once rare AF [the Robo-Teddy] that perk used to grant.

A year after I ground it out, the robo-teddy beacame a free grant to anyone who completed Westside.. Ugh.

But that's why I remember that particular kill perk line and it's bugged nature so well.

you get Sorcerer teddy for westside culmination
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • highjusticarhighjusticar Posts: 140 Arc User
    With game devs liking to hide pop culture references in their games, I am surprised there isn't a one for 10,000 Maniacs called Because the Night or something like that.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    I don't know if using an old Patty Smith / Bruce Springsteen song title to give a wink and a nod to 10.000 Maniacs is the best choice, even if they did cover it themselves.

Maybe "In My Tribe" (an album title) or "Trouble Me" (one of their original songs) would be a better choice?

Assuming it would even happen, of course, which isn't likely.

Even if they were going to go into the game and add some now Easter egg perks, I think that they would probably go for something a little more relevant now, not make references to a band that hasn't been relevant for over 20 years (since Natalie Merchant left).

Or maybe I am missing something.
    The modern music scene isn't my thing (nor, really, is the band). Maybe 10K Maniacs has experienced some career renaissance and I haven't noticed because I am not listening to the radio stations that would be playing their new (or even very much of their old) stuff.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

"10,000 Fists" seems like a good title for that.

You get that perk from Club Caprice right?
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I've seen at least 2 people with the thriller dance. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • and you'll see very few more; 5K kills for 6 different groups is a pain when your only AoE is 50 foot with a 15 foot spherical radius - especially with nephilim whose presence is sorely lacking in non-apocalypse VB​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

and you'll see very few more

I've seen more than 2. In fact just the other day I saw 4 lined up doing the dance in sync. That's twice as many!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited December 2017

and you'll see very few more; 5K kills for 6 different groups is a pain when your only AoE is 50 foot with a 15 foot spherical radius - especially with nephilim whose presence is sorely lacking in non-apocalypse VB​​

Great news: get a friend, with a teleport team teleporter, to run VB crisis, and have them teleport you to Jerryrig's garage at the during the last mission. You'll get a never ending supply of nephilim to kill. They no longer drop anything but it's great way to get those 5k kills.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

and you'll see very few more; 5K kills for 6 different groups is a pain when your only AoE is 50 foot with a 15 foot spherical radius - especially with nephilim whose presence is sorely lacking in non-apocalypse VB​​

Get a vehicle with an AoE, and many mobs are quite easy to farm. Also, ask folks in-game for help and advice, as noted, by guyhummual above.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    guyhumual said:

They no longer drop anything but it's great way to get those 5k kills.

They can still drop Nephilim-specific items: costume drops and limited summon devices. When I completed the perk for the dance emote, I got several of both.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Get a vehicle with an AoE, and many mobs are quite easy to farm. Also, ask folks in-game for help and advice, as noted, by guyhummual above.

yeah, that's kind of what i'm doing right now with nephilim...but 4 kills every few minutes takes a long-**** time to make any progress with, and i don't know of any larger clusters of them that DON'T have master villain or higher-ranked enemies among them (since i'm just parked and letting my vehicle's basic weapon, which is set to autofire, deal with them as they come up while i do other, more productive things)​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    The area around the High Apostolic Church are loaded with them. It's a mixed bag of henchmen, villains and mastervillain/enforcer but mostly the first tow.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • yeah, that's where i parked to farm those 4 i mentioned above - right next to the spawn point for one of sammie's dolls in the HAC graveyard​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    You could do laps around the church and wipe every Nephilim that get in firing range.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    https://youtu.be/4kw2tzrkVlY
    Flying version courtesy of @lezard21
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    I got the dance perk now too. It wasn't really hard at all, nothing like Pet Cemetery was.
    what's pet cemetary?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    what's pet cemetary?

killing pets, oddly enough - you know, things like sigils, drones, probably those curs ulfhednars summon and whatever those things are that twisted archons summon

farming rak'shasa for his mind worms would probably be the best way to make progress on pet cemetery if the worms count for it, since he spams them like crazy​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    oh.. hmm... Elder Worms do that too.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

what's pet cemetary?

killing pets, oddly enough - you know, things like sigils, drones, probably those curs ulfhednars summon and whatever those things are that twisted archons summon

farming rak'shasa for his mind worms would probably be the best way to make progress on pet cemetery if the worms count for it, since he spams them like crazy​​

Sigils cast by lemurian Arch-mages worked great, since you can keep beating up sigils without killing the archmage.

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    start on farming-
    get bored
    go do something else

get asked "how many did you kill?"
    what?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Sigils cast by lemurian Arch-mages worked great, since you can keep beating up sigils without killing the archmage.

That's the old bug back in the day, may still be for all I know.

It used to be that pretty much ONLY Lemurians Archmages Sigils counted towards the Pet Cemetery perk.

Hmm... I should check to see if worm mind-worms count.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    The hardest one I did was the 5K Emperyan giant robot things in Lemuria. It took me 2 weeks, but that was years ago when I played the game regularly. I use to farm 5 k perks and have a lot of them on my main toon, Pin Down.