test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Impact or Growth or Regen mod?

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Power Discussion
What works best (i.e. helps most for survival) in a primary defense piece of defense gear for a ranged dps build using Justice and OV gear and R7 mods: an Impact mod, a Grow moth or a Regen mod? Base HP ca. 8000 with out this mod.
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Are you using Guardicator specs? If so, and you don't otherwise have high offense/defense (like 400+ offense and 300+ defense), I would go Impact.

You already have pretty decent HP for ranged DPS, so I would skip Growth.

Regen mod is okay--but it is based off of healing bonus, and it only ticks every 3 sec. In a standard Cosmic fight, won't generally matter. If you want to solo stuff, it is fairly helpful.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    This guy is Avenger-Vindicator. So Impact, I guess?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited November 2017

What works best (i.e. helps most for survival) in a primary defense piece of defense gear for a ranged dps build using Justice and OV gear and R7 mods: an Impact mod, a Grow moth or a Regen mod? Base HP ca. 8000 with out this mod.

That depends if you're more worried about spike damage or sustained damage.

The growth mod will almost always help more vs spike damage. Your effective HP (the amount of damage, before defenses, required to defeat you) is equal to (hp) * (1 + damage resistance/100). With your specs, an r7 Impact mod would give around +5% damage resistance, for about +400 eHP. I don't know what your base damage resistance is, but +690 HP beats that even if you don't have any.

Against sustained damage, damage resistance improves the efficiency of healing. This is not normally very important. A regen core won't help vs spike at all, but might help more vs sustained damage.