test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Throne of Takofanes: travel device vs. vehicle

Are there any opinions about the differences between the two options? Is one better than the other? Is it just personal prefference? The travel device qualifies as a travel power but has an only effecting self restriction. The vehicle is Mark 1 (don't know if it can be made Mark 2); it has regular vehicle functions including not usable inside missions or pvp. I'm leaning toward the vehicle because I'm not fond of only effecting self restriction.

What are people's thoughts?

Answers

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    One is a vehicle which is good for open world maps, it comes with weapons and a really good speed, but can't be used indoors to impress all your friends. The device can, however the device doesn't have a particularly good travel speed, but you can sit around in Club Caprice or the power house theater for example. I think the device has been selling for more IMO.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Does the device let you use character powers?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Which is better depends on what you want to use it for. The device is better cosmetically -- you can use it indoors, your auras still apply, as do toggles such as a super-magnifier. However, it isn't terribly fast and doesn't let you use powers. The vehicle has better utility as it has standard vehicle capabilities.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Does the device let you use character powers?

As stated above, you can use powers that affect YOU (self effecting), such as heals and stuff that is already active, such as your passive, forms, magnifier/shrinker, pets.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"