test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wield Thor's Hammer, Onslaught Week, 20% Costume Sale!

edict#8422 edict Posts: 108 Cryptic Developer
Hiya Heroes!

Are you ready for the November Subscriber Reward? Well, it's here! Make sure you pick up the legendary hammer wielded by Thor in legend this November!

Valkyrie chant your name. The rainbow bridge forms before you. Reign supreme through thunder and lightning – Thor’s Hammer comes to Champions subscribers. Enjoy!

We're also featuring a sale on all costumes this week giving you a huge variety of ways to customize your hero. Make sure you take advantage of the sale as it won't last long. What costume are you looking to buy?

Auras are also 20% OFF so make sure you pick up the brightest auras for your champions! Enemies are always intimidated by the sight of superhuman power!

This discount is only available for a limited time, so hurry up and grab your supplies today!

Have you been wondering what it's like to be the villain? Have you always wanted to bring a little (or a lot!) of chaos to Millennium City? Well, now is the time to unleash that inner evil and be the best villain you can be!

Play Supervillain Onslaught during Onslaught Week and receive 40% MORE Villain and Guardian Tokens from missions and drops! Silver players also get access to a FREE Onslaught Device each day! Stop by and visit vendors in the following four areas: Rencen, Westside, Citycenter, and Downtown.

Want to know more about Supervillain Onslaught? Check out the Supervillain Onslaught launch page, as well as the How to Play Gravitar, Grond, and Medusa.

Get a quick look at everything here!

--Edict

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    That Viking Hammer is awesome.

Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    Onslaught bonus is not working
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Nice.. that's an actual Thor's Hammer. Sweet.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Thor is alright to say because Thor is a god of mythology.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||

Thor is alright to say because Thor is a god of mythology.

Not some blonde haired hippie. :#
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Not some blonde haired hippie. :#

Also, the Thor's Hammer unlock looks nothing like the hammer Marvel's Thor uses.
  • tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    My first thought when I read the blog is that Marvel won't like this.
    Yes, it is true the concept of Thor doesn't belong to them, but the blog was written specifically enough to be so close to their version, it's obvious.

My second thought was how much I am annoyed that they are referencing the character that was mostly responsible for making Marvel Heroes permanently unplayable for me.

This is what the hammer looks like to me:
    Goa'uld Squishing Hammer

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    edited November 2017
    Marvel doesn't own valkyries, rainbow bridge or thunder and lightning. Or Thor's hammer in that matter.
    They are not worthy. They can not like it as much as they want. :#
    It's hard to make a viking hammer without reference of somekind to Thor....
    Ofcourse it looks like Goa'uld Squishing Hammer. Because it was build by Asgardians. ;)

Also, the Thor's Hammer unlock looks nothing like the hammer Marvel's Thor uses.

CO's hammer looks more like "real" Thor's hammer. And shape of Mjölnir pendants/carvings that have existed since the viking age. Marvel's Mew-mew is more of a mallet.... =)
  • tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    No offense intended, but the last time that logic was used, I didn't believe it either.
    For context, it was claimed that everyone in Star Trek Online who names their ship Normandy is referencing the historical battle/event, not the spaceship in Mass Effect.
    And I'm sure naming that ship's captain Shepherd means they're a flock animal herd management supervisor. ;)

It's always the pop culture reference people will think of, not the source material.
    Outside of Stargate and Marvel, I doubt Thor has ever been referenced, because Viking based franchises aren't that common and none at all with Lightning Thunderbelt McGoldyLocks as a lead character/heroic super.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(