test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Returning player lf SG with voice chat

I am coming back to CO after a long hiatus. I left just before onslought because of my computer dieing. I got a used refurbished laptop to get me by but it didn't have the power to run the windows 10 that came on it let alone CO with it. I have had a few laptops like that since but now I have a decent computer and have been playing the last few months. I am a visually impaired player and while I can read chat I have a hard time with it hence the request for voice chat. My old 40 toons have been nerfed heavily so I started a new character, Ki Control. This is a force DPS character.
I don't duel anymore since the level 6 hit my level 8 for 15k in one shot instantly

Comments

• Options
    ryokoryuryokoryu Posts: 97 Arc User
    I see a lot of views but not a lot of responses. Am I missing critical info?
    I don't duel anymore since the level 6 hit my level 8 for 15k in one shot instantly
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    What you're missing is the fact that the in-game voice chat codec is so terrible, nobody uses.. ever.. although if you are having a harder time reading the text, might I suggest turning up the font size [it's in one of the settings somewhere.. i think chat settings]

as for getting back into the game with an SG, there's always paragon dawn a mix bag of a group, but they would be willing to teach/help/whatever with you.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    ryokoryuryokoryu Posts: 97 Arc User
    A I was asking for an SG that uses a voice client not the in game B its up all the way and still hard C got an SG already
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    well then good luck i guess....you might find one.. but honestly I doubt it.. havn't seen or heard of one that does the whole voice communation thing.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    notyuu said:

.. but honestly I doubt it.. havn't seen or heard of one that does the whole voice communation thing.

These SGs exist (and groups of friends from different SGs or no SGs also do this in CO), they just don't advertise it.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User

notyuu said:

.. but honestly I doubt it.. havn't seen or heard of one that does the whole voice communation thing.

These SGs exist (and groups of friends from different SGs or no SGs also do this in CO), they just don't advertise it.

Not advertising your guild is a great way of shooting yourself in the foot.

Plus, CO has a steep curve from getting to level 40 to obtaining endgame gear. Super groups are needed IMHO.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Not every SG wants as many players as possible, mate. Some like to maintain a happy medium and just recruit small amounts from time to time.

I find it quite easy to recruit for our SG from those who come to us asking if they can join.

Plus, CO has a steep curve from getting to level 40 to obtaining endgame gear. Super groups are needed IMHO.

And they are there.... all that's required is seeing someone in a SG, right click, send PM "Hello there :) Is your SG recruiting?". It might not work out the first time, but it doesn't take long.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Not every SG wants as many players as possible, mate. Some like to maintain a happy medium and just recruit small amounts from time to time.

I find it quite easy to recruit for our SG from those who come to us asking if they can join.
    It doesn't just affect SGs. If most guilds of any given MMORPG aren't recruiting, that tells new players that they aren't wanted, and that's not exactly healthy for any MMO. It isn't the fault of any individual group, but if the game has gotten to the point where players can't join existing groups, it might not be such a good idea to be so exclusive.
  • Options

If most guilds of any given MMORPG aren't recruiting....

This isn't the case tho'. It's not difficult to find a SG in CO.

The OP also stated that he was actually in a SG, so it wasn't a problem for him either.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017

If most guilds of any given MMORPG aren't recruiting....

This isn't the case tho'. It's not difficult to find a SG in CO.

The OP also stated that he was actually in a SG, so it wasn't a problem for him either.

Oh. Huh.

Could've fooled me.
  • Options

Oh. Huh. Could've fooled me.

Come on mate, don't be coy. You've come this far.... if you have any actual findings on the subject then tell us all about it.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Come on mate, don't be coy. You've come this far.... if you have any actual findings on the subject then tell us all about it.

So sassy o3o

Conquer has a Discord server. It's run by a dummy and really the only people that ever go on there are a psychotic brit, some sociopathetic american with an obsession with anime, and some furry who's constantly showing off his lewd and disturbing artwork. So... yeah, that's an option.
  • Options
    scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
    Champions player base is very high school for the most part IMHO. Cool kids(gold and lifers), jocks(PvPers), nerds(RPers) and so on and so on (these are only examples. No offense intended) .... The SGs reflect this. My experience has been constant request for help with funds or runs until I needed help then there was none to be found or at the other end of the spectrum you have no chat in the SG at all. Granted I'm not the fastest typist and I don't always catch PMs but still .... This has been my personal experience after trying a few SG's
    My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
    =Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
    =Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
    =By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
    =Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=