test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No More Free Costume Tokens?

Wow.... bad move. Limit free costume tokens you limit retcons which means less money for YOU! I know because i'd get ideas for a character, drop $ 10 / 20 bucks once.... twice a month, retcon and name change. Getting screwed by your own greed. Free costume changes was a great idea to give us creative freedom and doesn't hurt you at all. With limited ability too change characters means people get bored and game withers away. Don't screw up guys. :)

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    You can still have up to 5 at any one time. What this change does is (a) wipe out accumulated stockpiles, and (b) mean you need to get an alt up to level 10 to get a new token.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    All it takes is little alt hopping when you fully re-do 30 costumes.
    IF they had unused Tokens.
    But hey, have to have the moneysink somewhere...
    But then again, you might still have millions of Gs from the trade exploit from years back.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    and it did say the tokens won't be usable. which means they stay in your bag, just like currently.when you are down to less than 5 you can use another one. a lot of my lats have the tokens in their bags unused.

so why do you pay to retcon a character and change its name?

Just wipe it and redo or does that take too long for you?

spam Smash alerts fro globals
    --------------
    You are remembering that if you are subbed, you get a free character slot for each level 40.
    see the Altaholics list for what happens there. Spam alerts for a while.
    You get bonus xp being subbed. team with someone for more.
    if you haven't got any heirloom gear.I found about 1 week of doing 2 nemesis missions a day, was enough to get the 1050 tokens need for the 6 nemesis heirloom pieces. The primaries have bonus xp too.
    --------------

Due to being an altaholic and one of the two people on the repeat offenders list, I have loads of ideas for characters. If there's a weird power combo, I've probably tried it.
    I recently had to remove 300 costumes from the costume folder, so that I could access the ones on my silver acct because my load list had gone over the costume limit.
    I still have about 10 characters partly levelled and about 12 slots free on my main acct.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    dreadjaws2dreadjaws2 Posts: 58 Arc User
    herodad1 said:

Wow.... bad move. Limit free costume tokens you limit retcons which means less money for YOU! I know because i'd get ideas for a character, drop $ 10 / 20 bucks once.... twice a month, retcon and name change. Getting screwed by your own greed. Free costume changes was a great idea to give us creative freedom and doesn't hurt you at all. With limited ability too change characters means people get bored and game withers away. Don't screw up guys. :)

I'm confused by two things here.

a) What has changed about costume tokens? Is this something that happened on this latest patch or something that happened before?
    b) Specifically about the quote up there. Why are you spending $20 a month to retcon and name change when you can just use $15 to suscribe and get a free character slot every time you reach level cap?
  • Options
    herodad1herodad1 Posts: 270 Arc User
    I'm a lifetime member. I have ONE character leveled up to 40. I don't play this game every day nor have the time to play multiple characters But, I do enjoy just making characters that I get ideas for. Also I don't know all there is to know about this game. I do the best I can. I work hard and enjoy spending money on a game I love. Having free costume changes allows me unlimited creativity and the ability to change my level 40 character anytime I want. As far as what i'm referring to.... when I go to the tailor and i'm in the section where all my characters are... above the character currently showing there would be a small box. If I checked the box I could change any character I had for free. Now I cant. Bummer! :( Since that option is gone i've quickly lost interest. Bringing back that option doesn't hurt them at all. It actually generates money with this option returned. Atleast from my wallet. LOL!
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    You are lifetime....

Make a new toon
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    As a lifetime member, you get free costume clots at several levels--you end with something like 5, right?

Each new toon still gets a costume change token. You just can't bank more than five at a time.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.