test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best use of Halloween 'Become' Devices?

pr0fp0ttspr0fp0tts Posts: 46 Arc User
I just read another thread recommending using a 'Become Mummy' device to access Pestilence to help beat Luther Black in that insanely annoying end encounter in Demonflame. That got me thinking: what are the best uses people have found for the various Halloween 'Become' devices?

Personally I've found the 'Become Frank' device useful in that one Vibora Bay (Queen City) mission when you're searching for zombies in crates: for whatever reason zombies seem to spawn a lot more from crates if you destroy them with an un-targeted area effect attack - and Frank has one, so it's handy to grab the device and toggle it on if your toon happens to not have such an attack.

Anyone else have any other nice uses for these thing ('cos the Auction House is usually brimming with them, more-so than ever this time of year)?

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Mummy and Vampire can fly, so if your character can't....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • fizzex#3004 fizzex Posts: 59 Arc User
    Not useful, just funny: Become Ghost + Leg Kick emote = No legs to kick.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    The mummy is actually quite a decent dps'r at lower levels. If you're playing a low damage AT, you can switch to the Mummy become. Good if you need damage while doing solo pve!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    There are a few free form builds in this game that don't give you access to good offence early on. Now in the open world your best option is a vehicle, even on of the free vehicles from the anniversary is better then the become devices, but when you can't use a vehicle a become device actually might have some value. They can give you access to damage powers early on, they can give you travel powers, and they're usually very cheep at the AH or easy to find from treat bags. Far cheaper than the cost of reconing a character anyways.