test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

eu

xkagearashixxkagearashix Posts: 397 Arc User
is there an eu that will work with both fire and infernal or do i have to choose one or the other?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    The Wisp has a CF (+Fear) adv, so you could pick that to use Thermal Reverb w/ Infernal SN powers. On the flipside, I don't think there's any Fire powers that apply poison. Ofc, there's also the more universal stuff like MSA + cds.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Not those sets and their specific damage types or unique mechanics. But you could use MSA or Overdrive, which are general use and could be triggered by powers in each set (though I don’t know how many good short cd powers Infernal has).
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Forgot about Wisp, that’s a good utility power in a lot of builds, I’m finding.

Also, the way Thermal Reverb works, it doesn’t matter what else you do to enemies as long as you apply CF. So as long as you have one power that reliably does that, none of your other powers need to interact with your EU.
  • xkagearashixxkagearashix Posts: 397 Arc User
    well infernal does have a power if i remember correct has an ADV that adds CF
  • xkagearashixxkagearashix Posts: 397 Arc User
    hey Flow, think u can help with my build thread needing help on a concept build?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2017

is there an eu that will work with both fire and infernal or do i have to choose one or the other?

no reason every single power in your tray has to proc your EU, you just need to get enough energy out of it ( and your Form ) so that you can use your powers consistently. The fancy new Infernal EU gives energy over time, so it's you can tap something to proc it, then use whatever you like with the incoming energy, then tap it again to keep the EU going once the energy over time ends.

So the answer is both the EU from Fire and Infernal will work with a mixed fire/infernal build. After all, the energy you get from your EU can be used with any power.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Yea, if you use Wisp, for ex. it can bridge the gap for either EU- since it can both poison and put up CF. You just have to make sure you're able to use such a power in most situations (which the Wisp can), and it can be fine.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!