test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170913.4 - Bloodmoon Changes

2»

Comments

• and even then, you still have to USE the device they give you before you're flagged​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    But, if you accept the mission you are forced to use the device, not your lovingly hand-crafted character. That makes it of zero interest to me.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

But, if you accept the mission you are forced to use the device, not your lovingly hand-crafted character. That makes it of zero interest to me.

Have you played Resistance? :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I'm with Jaaz on this. Yes, I have played Resistance a bunch of times. It's really well conceived, except for the parts when you can't play your own characters. Even though the big mechs at the end are kind of cool. I'd still rather play my own toons.

It's nice at least to see that BITE seems better managed now though. It always seemed esoteric and confusing compared to the other Halloween content.
    Post edited by royalflvsh on
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Forced PVP is not something a lot of players enjoy.

So then don't do it, nobody's forcing you. Let's be real, the end result of this will be groups of players going there and farming each other and there will be no real pvp involved. The only people who will actually pvp there will be people who want to. You're about as forced to pvp here as you are in the onslaught system.

Hell, wanna get together in game during bloodmoon and farm each other for the achievement? I'm game.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Hell, wanna get together in game during bloodmoon and farm each other for the achievement? I'm game.

Cynical commentary, but that sums up my interest. Similar to how I will wait in line in the rain for exclusive concert tickets, I will play BITE! to get the power unlock.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    You don't have to do the mission if you don't want to. Its just for a power, which most people won't even use after getting. Some of us are just collectors who want everything in game but never find a use for it. ;)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    spinnytop said:

Forced PVP is not something a lot of players enjoy.

So then don't do it, nobody's forcing you. Let's be real, the end result of this will be groups of players going there and farming each other and there will be no real pvp involved. The only people who will actually pvp there will be people who want to. You're about as forced to pvp here as you are in the onslaught system.

This alone is enough of a reason for them to not design things like this. It's completely gameable, which goes against the intent that the devs probably originally had.

To me it's a waste of our already limited dev resources.
    edited October 2017
    darqaura2 said:

Well... BITE was already there, they just made some changes to it to balance it better. We can't really say that it took so many dev resources to do that that it would have significantly sped up any other aspect of development, and there are also no announced plans to produce any new "pvp as device" content. So... you know... don't worry about it?

We should be helpful PTSers and go play bite on pts tho o3o for lulz
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

darqaura2 said:

Well... BITE was already there, they just made some changes to it to balance it better. We can't really say that it took so many dev resources to do that that it would have significantly sped up any other aspect of development, and there are also no announced plans to produce any new "pvp as device" content. So... you know... don't worry about it?

We should be helpful PTSers and go play bite on pts tho o3o for lulz
    Yeah I plan to download the PTS later. I don't think I've logged into it for some time. O.o
    edited October 2017
    I went and played it. Being a hunter is hard u3u I guess now that they adjusted them to not be able to take on groups of werewolves it's a lot harder to fight those big groups of werewolf npcs .-.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

I went and played it. Being a hunter is hard u3u I guess now that they adjusted them to not be able to take on groups of werewolves it's a lot harder to fight those big groups of werewolf npcs .-.

Yeah, it looks like luring them towards Hunter packs (if you can before they rip you up) is what people will be doing...maybe...

You don't have to do the mission if you don't want to. Its just for a power, which most people won't even use after getting. Some of us are just collectors who want everything in game but never find a use for it. ;)

That or farm the tokens... You DO get Turakian coins... which you could in theory use to buy a Tako throne or something....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    True true but my point is that some of us just want to power for having it rather than finding a use for it. Which is fine and all but now the new patch has advantages on the power which make it useful for certain builds that already exist for some free forms.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    It's a little bit too little too late for this year, maybe next, but seeing as there was so much effort put into revamping the BITE PvP event, why not add a 3rd faction, Vampires, into the mix.

It wouldn't require insane amounts of work, there is already a functional Vampire become. Tie it in to Black Fang/Dogz vs Vladic/New Shadows rivalry, with Caliburn being the new NPC for Hunters to keep both factions in check before they get to make too much trouble and thus incorporate this event into the lore of CO.

Plus it will give Vladic something to do other than sit near the end of a dungeon no one ever runs while also somewhat fulfilling that promise all those years ago of having Vladic form part of Halloween event.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    chaelk said:

a lot of AOE attacks/defences/heals are 5 target cap. Why should this be different?

Exactly, all of them should be at least 10 targets cap.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    agentnx5 said:

chaelk said:

a lot of AOE attacks/defences/heals are 5 target cap. Why should this be different?

Exactly, all of them should be at least 10 targets cap.
    Nah, That ratio would make it so that you only need 5 good healers to keep a raid of 50 alive. In fact as things stand, in non Kiga fights 2-3 healers can keep a raid of 50 alive which is just too OP.

Every MMO follows the party composition of a 5 man party consisting of 1 Tank 1 Healer and 3 DPS, which then turn into a 2 Tanks 2 Healers and 6 DPS in a raid of 10.

Hell some MMO's endgame hard dungeons require a composition of 1 Tank 2 Healers and 2 DPS.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    avianos said:

Added Moonstruck power to the GCR store for 350 SCR. This also requires completion of the [Moonstruck] perk

You gotta be joking, not only its a purchasable power but requires a Event Perk which requires 5 event perks, 2 of which are Psedo PVP

I mean, i understand you guys are trying to make Bite missions popular but come on now, Forced PVP?
    ​​

[Leader of the Pack]
    >Defeat 100 Hunter Players as a Feral Warrior
    [Wolfsbane]
    >Defeat 100 Feral Warrior Players as a Hunter

Ah sounds very impossible. o3o

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    monaahiru wrote: »

[Leader of the Pack]
    >Defeat 100 Hunter Players as a Feral Warrior
    [Wolfsbane]
    >Defeat 100 Feral Warrior Players as a Hunter

Ah sounds very impossible. o3o

Oh Quit it you
    Forced PVP sounds very unethical and BS, thats what it is
    Especially for a PvE power which you can get the perk ONCE per year if you miss the perk requirements​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    avianos said:

You gotta be joking, not only its a purchasable power but requires a Event Perk which requires 5 event perks, 2 of which are Psedo PVP

Its PWE what do you expect?.

Grind Wall To Win.

Psi.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I don't think its a grind if the perk has been up since, what? 2009....
    Now they just added some reward to it that more people are interested than just a Title.
    Atleast it's not Pay Wall To Win. Imagine the uproar from that....
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Wait--you gotta defeat 100 players in each become device?!

Oh, wow. Forget it, then. That's just too much unfun activity packed into a couple weeks for me to bother with.

Alas.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

Wait--you gotta defeat 100 players in each become device?!

Oh, wow. Forget it, then. That's just too much unfun activity packed into a couple weeks for me to bother with.

Alas.

Not in one play session. 100 over the course of your character's lifetime. For the perk, the daily mission doesn't actually require player kills. The daily is now 50, and includes the NPCs.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    cryneting said:

Grind Wall To Win.

Pick one: Grind wall or Pay wall. Anything else is basically just wishing for a game to shut down.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    I suspect that most of the unhappiness stems from the belief that the average lifetime kill count in Bite! is close to zero. I'm LTE, and I think I went out to Canada once during a Bloodmoon, looked at what was up, and decided to do something more productive with my time, like run the LOTRO Halloween instance for the 150th time or something.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    > @lezard21 said:
    > It's a little bit too little too late for this year, maybe next, but seeing as there was so much effort put into revamping the BITE PvP event, why not add a 3rd faction, Vampires, into the mix.
    >
    > It wouldn't require insane amounts of work, there is already a functional Vampire become. Tie it in to Black Fang/Dogz vs Vladic/New Shadows rivalry, with Caliburn being the new NPC for Hunters to keep both factions in check before they get to make too much trouble and thus incorporate this event into the lore of CO.
    >
    > Plus it will give Vladic something to do other than sit near the end of a dungeon no one ever runs while also somewhat fulfilling that promise all those years ago of having Vladic form part of Halloween event.

I have to agree. Vamps not being part of the event, is weird. In fact, there really should be something special in Vibora Bay to do during Halloween. Maybe next year?
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Suggestion:
    Give all non combat TPs a strong agression stealth bonus.
  • no cap = every target affected by every player at event/cosmic/other thing with massive amounts of targets = server explodes

why do you think the target caps were added to begin with?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    BUG: [Hacked Orbital Cannon Codes] (and its limited version) still applies Plasma burn BEFORE hitting the targets ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • because those games don't have s.hitty, poorly-optimized engines​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Cryptic is doing better than some of their previous attempts at large scale content. As I recall, in the early CoH days, Hamidon raids (with 24 player cap) was dubbed "swimsuits online" because having any costume more complicated than a bikini put that much more strain on the server.

Not to forgive them all their failings. In 2005, Square-Enix was quite apologetic because they had to drop the cap on their open zone Aht Urgan (FFXI) events from 300 to 250...
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
This discussion has been closed.