test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170913.5 - Bloodmoon/Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Bloodmoon
  • Added Machete Horror, Living Sword, Spiked Collar costumes.
  • Supernatural Possession's heal effect can no longer stack from multiple players. The best effect will be kept. Added an icon to indicate when you're affected by the heal.
  • Added various perks for eating Halloween Candy.
  • Added a 5000 perk for defeating Turakian Zombies.

Costumes
  • Added preview images to Dogz costumes.
  • Added Dogz Jacket as a possible costume drop from Dogz.
  • Added Dogz Wild hair to Hairstyle B.
  • Added cloth material to the Patched Fur costume.
  • Added Cloth to Dogz Collar.
  • Added Cloth, metal to Dogz Claw Bracers.
  • Added Leather and metal materials to Fur Forearm costume.
  • Added Machete weapon skin as a possible costume drop from Sovereign Sons.

Powers
  • Made the initial refresh on ball lightning's advantage more reliable.
  • Instead of dealing damage in individual ticks for each stack, poison now deals damage in one lump of damage each second. This doesn't change its overall damage, but is less straining on the game in large encounters.
  • This change will likely be applied to Bleeding and Plasma Burn as well.
  • Fixed a bug where the -res on pestilence was not working properly.

Misc
  • Added Moonstruck power to the debugger store.
  • Added Wild Speed travel power to the debugger store. This travel power transforms you into a spirit wolf. You cannot use any powers while using this travel power, but it is slightly faster than other superspeeds.
  • Note: Currently there are no other options for what type of animal you can become while using this travel. We may expand this in the future.
​​

Comments

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Added Wild Speed travel power to the debugger store. This travel power transforms you into a spirit wolf. You cannot use any powers while using this travel power, but it is slightly faster than other superspeeds.
    Very cool! I've been waiting for something like this.
    Note: Currently there are no other options for what type of animal you can become while using this travel. We may expand this in the future.
    Understandable, I would very much like to add foxes to this list as a suggestion when the feature comes around, and the 3-tail kitsunes as well. I have a character or two in mind that would make great use of these. Of course, I can see Raptors being an option here too.

You know, these kinds of Travel Powers give me an idea... would it be at all possible to implement Become-like power swapping to the non-combat travels so they can be capable of fighting?​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    The wolf travel power is neat, but it seems far too inconvenient to actually put onto a character.

Would it be possible to have a travel power that does a transform at max travel speed, and remains human (or human-like, depending on your costume choices) at lower speeds? That seems like it would negate most of the animation issues with powers, since most of them will drop you down to combat speed. Maybe also have charging any power turn it off.
    Post edited by pantagruel01 on
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    • Instead of dealing damage in individual ticks for each stack, poison now deals damage in one lump of damage each second. This doesn't change its overall damage, but is less straining on the game in large encounters.
    • This change will likely be applied to Bleeding and Plasma Burn as well.
    This will make these effects more effective against flat mitigation effects (IDF, Invuln, etc). Not that I'm against lumping them all together, as I'm actually a bit surprised it hasn't been done already, but I did want to point this out anyway.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    aesica said:

This will make these effects more effective against flat mitigation effects (IDF, Invuln, etc). Not that I'm against lumping them all together, as I'm actually a bit surprised it hasn't been done already, but I did want to point this out anyway.​​

Poison used to do that before, but it was buggy.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Added Dogz Wild hair to Hairstyle B.
    Fixed a bug where the -res on pestilence was not working properly.
    Made the initial refresh on ball lightning's advantage more reliable.
    Thank you
    Added Dogz Jacket as a possible costume drop from Dogz.
    Was it made Unisex? since only female DOGz are wearing it
    Instead of dealing damage in individual ticks for each stack, poison now deals damage in one lump of damage each second. This doesn't change its overall damage, but is less straining on the game in large encounters.
    This change will likely be applied to Bleeding and Plasma Burn as well.
    Im digging this and Im looking forward for it to be applied on Bleeds :+1:​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Dogz Jacket! :o :o :o
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Bug: Culling the Pack points to Eric Roston Rhodes in Monster Island but you can't actually turn the quest in there, you have to go turn it in to him in millenium city.

Suggestion: Would be nice if players in Werewolf or Hunter form were not hostile to NPCs unrelated to the event. The nearby viper troops on monster island can be pretty devastating when they get involved in a battle.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

The wolf travel power is neat, but it seems far too inconvenient to actually put onto a character.

Would it be possible to have a travel power that does a transform at max travel speed, and remains human (or human-like, depending on your costume choices) at lower speeds? That seems like it would negate most of the animation issues with powers, since most of them will drop you down to combat speed. Maybe also have charging any power turn it off.

Now that's a nice idea.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    kaizerin said:

​​
    We talkin' higher or lower?
    spinnytop said:

kaizerin said:

​​
    We talkin' higher or lower?
    Read 'not working properly' as 'not doing anything at all'.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Wild Speed is very cool, love it. :+1:
    Bug(?): Changing its color while active turns the spirit wolf black and opaque.

A 'Crow Flight' travel power for this event / Halloween would be simply awesome!

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Ball Lightning rebuff refresh is still unreliable.
    Ionic reverb still doesn't work properly.

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Could you add a sleeveless version of the Dogz jacket maybe? Cause the sleeve's color palette clashes with the rest of the costume even when you set the whole thing to the same material and color
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    So the purple-quality pestilent cloud device sold by the vendor shows "1/1 charges."

I'm guessing this is a bug, anyway.

Edit: Wow, did I really type "big" earlier? That's what I get for posting when not fully awake.​​
    Post edited by aesica on
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    BUG: Infernal Blast no longer refresh Debilitating poison

BUG: RANK 2 and 3 Pestilence no longer applies the Pestilence dot on targets
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
This discussion has been closed.