test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Armor Penetration

pandoraslockboxpandoraslockbox Posts: 491 Arc User
Does anyone have any experience with those PvP-only armor penetration cores or the Malvan Gauntlets? Do they work? I heard they are bugged. If so, how?

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Damn, thought this was gonna be sexeh talk.

Slinks out.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    Only armor penetration needed is that DUC, yo.
  • Options
    fusionax77fusionax77 Posts: 12 Arc User
    I guess I'll take a shot at answering. While I haven't used the Malvan cores, I can tell you that armor pen in general, with the current state of PvP, is a lost cause.

It's hard to tell if armor penetration is necessary due to the state of common PvP and PvE. Running, say, Detect Vulnerability from Intelligence specialization doesn't mean much other than a little more of a guarantee that your damage output will be slightly more potent vs certain enemies. It would be certainly be far better if, say, 100% damage resistance didn't translate to "50% of your attack is resisted", because 30% or such from the superstat doesn't mean much in the face of around 150% or so [i]total[/i] resistance (that is, stacks and stats combined) from tanky PvP builds that run Defiance, for instance. Not only that, in the event that Detect Vulnerability does reach past the total resistances of a target in PvP, it'll just result in your powers dealing their base damage and nothing extra.

Armor pen would really only be world-ending if you could stack it to more than, say, 75% at most. Below that, you would probably only see victories against PvE DPS characters that have low resistances to begin with, and maybe some undergeared tank builds. Dodge builds, however, won't be really affected by a high armor pen build. Though with that said, there really isn't much that effects dodge builds that isn't also a fair reason that armor pen is ultimately pointless.

And that is the common application of Spike damage. With armor pen, sure, you might get a little more bang out of it against some targets, but stacking your critical effects is far more important than trying to chip away at an opponent's defense ratings.
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    Considering how potent the Wardicator setup in PvP builds is vs how little dodge non-LR builds have.. again, DUC is all you need since it provides a flat percentage of penetration.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    I think PvP-only armor penetration cores should be fixed to DUC rank? or something because those are working similar.

BTW DUC dropping now? I never see on anywhere for this while. And also the Left Eye from Hi-Pan. Even the rank3. Devs forgot or something???
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    Wonder why DUC effects to the power those aren't substantial.
    o3o

• Options
    People don't wear armor here they wear tights. If you want to penetrate, you need a Tights Penetration mod.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

People don't wear armor here they wear tights. If you want to penetrate, you need a Tights Penetration mod.

I most see creepy, bizarre flower, beast, cybernetics, robots and magical girls in game.
    People wearing tights are rather few. o3o

• Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    You can quickly test to see if they are working by dueling someone while:
    A. you have armor pen cores slotted
    B. you have them unslotted

After you try A, swap to you combat log tab and you'll see something like this: Your Haymaker deals 15634 (31853) damage to Herp Derp Epeen Guy. Divide the number outside of the parentheses by the number inside the parentheses to get "ratio A".

Do the same thing as above after you do B in order to get "ratio B".

The ratios tell you how much of your base damage (in parentheses) was dealt to the target as final damage, out of parentheses. If ratio A = ratio B, then the cores do not work.

Can you losers keep your dumb memes out of my thread?

• Options
    This thread become mine from now on!! o3o

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Use the force Luci.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    So you liek to penetrate liek dis?

• Options
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

No like this.

Get those potatos in there \o3o/

I could make a joke about this being a top secret Irish super weapon but that would be too easy.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
  • Options

This discussion has been closed.