test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Luthor Black Solo

I've been trying to beat Black for days now. I tried to do as suggested and kite the mobs, with flight this is easy ...at first. The problem I'm having is that Black spawns dozens of minions and by dozens i mean just that at 36 by my count. Which the jerk then proceeds to join into a huge monster minion. Now one minion was easy enuff to avoid, however Black now slows me and at the last attempt he spawned 3 huge minions. I get down to one box left to open and time runs out. I tried respecing each time to improve my def, my heals anything to let me survive but with only 5 mins and a slow as a turtle evil spirit who pauses from time to time as if lost in limbo i cannot beat this adventure pack. My question..is it even solo-able and if so what am i doing wrong?
Never Give Up, Never Surrender.
A wise man has nothing to prove, he just is.

Comments

• Options
    doctorevilfacedoctorevilface Posts: 91 Arc User
    Just don't try to fight Black at all. Your goal isn't to defeat him, it's to keep him distracted while the Demon Key opens the boxes. Keep your eye out for spawned minions the whole time and take them out as quickly as possible. An AOE like Shade Storm can dispatch them quickly if they're close to each other. If one starts to grow, focus all of your attention on that one and use your strongest attack on it before it gets too big.

If heals are an issue for you, pick up a bunch of Second Wind consumables from the auction house. Don't be afraid to block, block, block if you have to. It's a lifesaver.

If you're still having trouble, you should check out this awesome endgame DPS build guide. I'd highly recommend it, even if you're not into endgame stuff like Cosmics:

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1208228/endgame-dps-build-guide/p1
    Lemon-Scented Evil.
  • Options
    kijra411kijra411 Posts: 18 Arc User
    yeah i just now found the post about that. Block and pestilence is your friend, also an HoT like Bountiful Chi couldnt hurt as well as Circle of Primal Dominion. And just snipe Luthor when his attention wanders.
  • Options
    kijra411kijra411 Posts: 18 Arc User
    I should mention i was doing it at lvl 22
  • Options
    layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User
    Doing this fight at lvl 22 is a bit rough. But you seem to have the right idea. This isn't a "fight" so much as you are providing a distraction. Good luck and if you need any help feel free to pm me if you see me online.