test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too bad for Smackwell :D

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Cause Wolverine is back :^D
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    WoHoo!!
    :o
    :#
    :p
    SniktBubSnikt!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Where's Yuriko Oyama when you need her? :p

ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Yep, it's official - Wolvie is now the biggest Mary Sue in the history of comics. Superman can rest easy now, secure in the knowledge that at least his return from the dead (after Doomsday killed him) was foreshadowed, a one-time-only gimmick, and resulted in his powers being reduced to near-nothing for a time.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User

TBH I did enjoy the Logan movie, especially with X-23's portrayal.
    edited September 2017
    spinnytop said:

Is he a cowboy now?

Nope. He's still a canuck.
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    We Canucks have cowboys too. Alberta's across the border from Montana.

As for Wolverine, I lost interest in him two decades ago. Not surprised he's alive again, but can't say I really care.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Is he a cowboy now?

Yeah Marvel needs to learn the difference between an ex special forces lumberjack and a cowboy. Its like they forgot how to Wolverine. Still glad he is back though.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    But is he still Gay? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    That was James Howlett, Governor-General of Dominion of Canada, and Viceroy of Her Majesty's Expedition to Shangri-La. From Earth-12025. He and Hercules were/are lovers.
    edited September 2017
    That's a Breakdealer ( ͡° _ʖ ͡°)
    Not like this would stop fan artists​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    bulgarex said:

We Canucks have cowboys too. Alberta's across the border from Montana.

aka the Texas of Canada
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    nepht said:

spinnytop said:

Is he a cowboy now?

Yeah Marvel needs to learn the difference between an ex special forces lumberjack and a cowboy. Its like they forgot how to Wolverine. Still glad he is back though.
    They never knew how to wolverine to begin with, since his character has been retconned and historically changed multiple times.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Like Mercy said, "Heroes never die!"

While I am glad to see the rugged Wolvie back, we the fans won't take a character's death seriously anymore. At least, a main heroes' death.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Like Mercy said, "Heroes never die!"

While I am glad to see the rugged Wolvie back, we the fans won't take a character's death seriously anymore. At least, a main heroes' death.

Urr...I haven't taken a main hero's death seriously in decades. The revival of Jean Grey and Barry Allen proved that even a death that's a major point of a major storyline (Dark Phoenix Saga, Crisis on Infinite Earths) isn't sacrosanct.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    If you think for a second that I didn't expect him to come back, you got another think comin'.
    biffsig.jpg
    The only characters in comics that are staying dead are Uncle Ben and the Waynes
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    jonsills said:

Yep, it's official - Wolvie is now the biggest Mary Sue in the history of comics. Superman can rest easy now, secure in the knowledge that at least his return from the dead (after Doomsday killed him) was foreshadowed, a one-time-only gimmick, and resulted in his powers being reduced to near-nothing for a time.

Weren't you the one lecturing people about the actual definition of mary sue in that other thread? or was that smackwell?
    u3u
    avianos said:

But is he still Gay? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​

no now he's transgender o3o but the surgery keeps getting reverted by his mutant powers so he has to re-transition himself with his claws every morning
    edited September 2017
    spinnytop wrote: »
    no now he's transgender o3o but the surgery keeps getting reverted by his mutant powers so he has to re-transition himself with his claws every morning

1324182733369.png
    MY SIDES​​
    edited September 2017
    guyhumual said:

The only characters in comics that are staying dead are Uncle Ben and the Waynes

Not in other Earth ####s or Elseworlds.
    Uncle Ben was/is alive in some other Earth.
    Now alive Gwen Stacy is from other Earth(too lazy to G00GLE the number).
    Thomas Wayne is Batman in Elseworld stories. Martha Wayna is Joker. Bruce is dead.

But why is that orc shouting at Logan?...

guyhumual said:

Thomas Wayne is Batman in Elseworld stories. Martha Wayna is Joker. Bruce is dead.
    I don't think those count, they're not really cannon and thus have no effect on the main comic story line, and besides it's not like they were dead and brought back. In those universes they never died to begin with.
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

…ew… Don't think about it. DON'T THINK AB—

OH GAWD, MY MIND'S EYE!!!

Thanks, Spinny! You made my mind's eye blind…
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    spinnytop said:

Thats not how thats done you lunatic......Its way more painful :^D
    That said your method does seem a lot less expensive could have saved myself some money.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    guyhumual said:

guyhumual said:

I don't think those count, they're not really cannon and thus have no effect on the main comic story line, and besides it's not like they were dead and brought back. In those universes they never died to begin with.
    Marvel's policy is to simply add reality numbers to different continuities.

A world where Peter Parker is Tony Stark's boss(or was that Wilson Fisk? One of the two...)? totally happened! Also, in that world, Uncle Ben lived. marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Benjamin_Parker_(Earth-31198) That one's still not dead! When will we see that universe again? Who knows? there's thousands of them! :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    That's the great thing about the multiverse... each one is an excuse to just reshuffle everything and do a what if story.