test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove the expiration of Triumphant Recovery. Seriously, it's stupid.

I'm sick of the one revive item in the game expiring if I wait until I REALLY need it. I shouldn't need to waste a power slot just to not burden others and be able to revive myself. Or go through the trouble of recovering just to run all the way back to a fight.

And yes, I know about the piece of crap in the GCR store.

It's not even game-breaking since Triumphant Recovery only have 4 charges a piece.

Comments

• Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Only the Triumphant Recovery device in the starter pack or whatever it is has a timer. I believe it's a cash shop device and it was probably done because of people like me rolling alts and end up with oodles of the damn things. You can probably find no timer versions on the AH.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    The version in the Level X supply kit doesn't have a timer either.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    I find it better to just take Rebirth/Aurora/Thundering Return and forget those devices exist entirely.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    Well, I'd just it to be there when -I- need it. Not feel pressured to use it because it spoils, somehow.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Many of us had a page of recovery devices in our inventories because of the old version.
    That's why they put in the timer.

Check the AH. You can find untimed ones there pretty often.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    The timer seems like a really stupid fix though when instead, they could've just made it bind-on-pickup so you couldn't pass them around by growing throwaway alt farms. To elaborate on my previous post, I'm not being persuaded that the self-rez item is worth my money at all. By stamping an expiration date on it, I'm just encouraged to throw it away or bank it, forget it exists, and have it throw itself away when it expires.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Putting a timer on that device was a cash grab move. Putting real world timers on all the devices in the level up kits (and many of the other temporary buffs/devices) is among a large list of terrible ideas that the devs have had over the years to try and make a quick buck.
  • Options
    kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    I don't care for the timer because it like being penalized for not dying, I would prefer the level-box version be a single charge, or binding it like they said above is also a good alternative