test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion for next year's dance OM

aaronkorraaronkorr Posts: 55 Arc User
edited September 2017 in Suggestions Box
As I'm sure some of us are aware the Dance Open Mission frequently ends up with our chat being spammed by people targeting someone. And it's basically a glorified spam dance for high numbers thing. Same dance, different ones, doesn't matter.

But it would be nice if maybe it took a nod from STO (yes I know...) and was set up so the players danced WITH Sapphire instead of spasming all over. Just use the available for everyone dances with announcements to change them on cue. No reward for spamming after and likely cutting way down on it happening. No change to perks or anything just be nice to see it something that's not literally encouraging players to spam.
Post edited by aaronkorr on

Comments

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    I would love for a summer event zone, like Risa in STO, to be made for Champions. We need more social areas, the fact we have so few is kind of saddening right now. MMOs are as much a social experience as they are about amassing loot. Maybe the anniversary event can be moved there and given a better stage set up with a beach zone that has beach events, for the summer, with the anniversary capstoning in during September.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    gradii said:

It is kind of ridiculous that the dance OM boils down to whoever spams the most dances fastest.​​

And yet I still need a facepalm for this.

Now, the dance OM isn't based on who spams emotes the most.

The number of presents you get is based on your score up to... 300 points. Going beyond that is plain worthless.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    gradii said:

It is kind of ridiculous that the dance OM boils down to whoever spams the most dances fastest.​​

"It's an exhibition, not a competition. Please, no wagering." - David Letterman, Stupid Pet Tricks ;)

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    I like this idea, I'm not sure if we need another map for it, but I would still love it if that happened. Especially if the map stayed open after the event.