test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bahamut build help

I'm looking for some help putting together a build inspired by the Final Fantasy summon, Bahamut. I'm thinking of using primarily the fire powerset, but I wonder if anything from Bestial Supernatural synergizes with it (such as Bite, Howl, or anything dragonlike). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    There's not much synergy between Fire and Bestial or Infernal, but you could take adv of the Head emanation point for some ranged attacks and use a more unconventional Ranged build w/ Fire and Avenger spec:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.2.3-24

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, End: 8, Ego: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Wordly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Throw Fire
    Level 1: Fire Breath (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 8: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Chilled Form
    Level 14: Infernal Blast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide, Ghost Fire)
    Level 23: Fireball (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Massacre (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Fire Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Crashing Incantation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Rebirth
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Relentless Assault (2/3)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Main ST rotation is alternating between IBlast and charged Fireball (both can be selected to emanate from the head), and using Wisp to help debuff and proc stuff. Firebreath is ur main AoE, though Fireball can also be an alpha strike against clumped mobs. I included Massacre as a clawing attack, but since melee doesn't jive w/ the rest of the build its mostly just used sparingly to CC/KD something that's in ur face. Crashing Incantation can sub as a sort of ultimate 'Flare' power, I imagine. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and End.

NW is a good passive to boost all dmg types here, though you dun have to put any of the stealth powers on ur bar if you don't want them for theme. If you wanted to be more sturdy you could use the Hybrid role and Invuln as the passive, though that will lower ur dps.

Tested this on the pts, and w/ good gear its has nice burst dps and energy comes easy (and it does look cool :x ). If ur gear is good enough, you could maybe get away w/ dropping End SS and using Dex SS for a bit more crit and still be fine w/ energy.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    This looks even better than I was hoping! TYVM!
    I've been tooling around with this to incorporate more FF looking spells. I replaced Massacre with Conflagration, and I'm thinking of Pyre in place of Infernal Blast. Thoughts?
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    Well, in this case IBlast sets up Fireball via Preemptive Strike. Replacing the blast means you lose that interaction. Also, if ur going to include Conflag, then you mine as well take UA on Fireball to optimize it, but then ur pretty much playing just like a standard Fire dps as then spamming Conflag becomes the best thing to do.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    Ah true. I'll have to figure out which I prefer, I guess. Thanks for your help