test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online - Anniversary Week 2!

edict#8422 edict Posts: 108 Cryptic Developer
Welcome back, Champions! Week two is underway and we’ve got rewards worthy of any true hero! Looking to put that hard earned event currency to good use? You can find a long list of special Archetypes available in the event store! From Disciple to Tempest, from Fist to Squall. There’s simply too many to list – gotta’ check ‘em out!

Wanna’ keep getting your party on? The future will be televised – in style! Check out the TV head and Party Glasses costumes. Speaking of style, show yours off in the new open mission, Sapphire’s Concert – running every hour. Dancing will get you anniversary gifts as rewards, but do it 25 times and you’ll get the exclusive Shuffle Dance emote. 50 times? Well! You’ll get the Awesome Dance emote. Shake a tail feather!

Get a quick look at the dances here!

Hope you all end up having a great week!

-- Edict

Comments

• marvimarvi Posts: 13 Arc User
    HOW in the defenders name are we supposed to get 750 annaversary FAVOR? tell me! it's impossible in a week ...i want a powerset but 750...
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    -Use your favors you been collecting for a week.

-farm more with the missions they have

-use drifter salvage
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    marvi said:

HOW in the defenders name are we supposed to get 750 annaversary FAVOR? tell me! it's impossible in a week ...i want a powerset but 750...

I don't think you can, at least not without killing yourself farming, however this event is a celebration of the game's longevity. You have to believe that this game will be around for another year. Collect your favor and have it ready for next year. Or, I suppose, if you have money to burn, buy it from the Drifter.
  • marvimarvi Posts: 13 Arc User
    well im sure game will continiue to go on, i remember last or 2 years ago we got a free freeform token that was nice gift.
    But im not super active anymore but still having differnent powers would be nice, guess i have to wait another year :D
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Not to mention, the event has three weeks left in it.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Hi all, is the rickroll dance emote unlocked account-wide please?

Edit - ok, found the answer, from Kaizerin's post at https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1209393/release-notes-9-7-2017

Added Perks for completing Sapphire's Concert open mission. The 25 and 50 count ones reward account wide dance emotes.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User

Not to mention, the event has three weeks left in it.

Yeah, but the AT sale is only this week (unless they're repeating or something, but I see no indication of that). Two seconds of math made me not even attempt it on my "free" account.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Week 2 Electric Boogaloo?

I'll see myself out :p

Turns out the Amazing dance is shown in the preview, what we don't have previewed is the Shuffle dance, but some people already have that.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    the shuffle dance is probably the same emote as in STO. It's a different sort of mix dance, I think it does a series of random dances.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    "Awesome" dance is NOT AWESOME, its spasmodic twitching. with a slight butt-wiggle. I AM DISAPOINT SON!!! I could have had the Hustle for this, but nooo....

xparibax said:

"Awesome" dance is NOT AWESOME, its spasmodic twitching. with a slight butt-wiggle. I AM DISAPOINT SON!!! I could have had the Hustle for this, but nooo....

It's the Rick Ashley dance from Never Gonna Give You Up, aka the Rick Roll
  • jamvarujamvaru Posts: 7 Arc User
    lol, AWESOME dance! ;#)
    or mabye ... #awesome (dance)
    . re: buying favor from drifter for real money; very good idea... they should do whatever they can do to give everybody and anybody all possible opportunities to give them money... this is 'murica, you know. (seriously, capitalism does have valid points)
    . i had not played in a while, even deleted my characters. I was happy to see the wolf-buddy keypack of 20 for 20. Made a ice tank with wolfskin theme and wolf pet, got a cool hoverbike, copperhead i think. Some misc stuff i applied to another character.
    I'd give em more money if I had more to spend. I'm probably going to wait for another 20key pack I like, though. I don't disco.
    [note: it was not really anything specific to this game that made me delete. I did that on nearly every game. Mid-life crisis i guess. ... should 'old' people play games? i guess i think so.]