test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nobody queues rampage alerts anymore.

eva1988eva1988 Posts: 183 Arc User
Is it possible that justice gear be made available by some alternative means now that people basically never queue rampages other than gravitar?

I shouldn't be waiting an entire day just for one queue pop; then factor in the drop rate of the parts i need to get justice gear....I'm basically never getting justice gear.

I'd be fine with this if people actually played the rampages.. But people don't anymore; certainly not frequently enough.

edit : Also, when you consider not everyone can't play at peak times, it isn't really an appropriate way to deal out the best gear on the game.
Post edited by eva1988 on

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I hear there's a possibility that eventually the rampages will be revamped to have a more Cosmic/TA level of difficulty and will then drop GCR instead of rng tokens.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    Last LI I ran it 5 times. I haven't been running them as much lately because I have enough tokens for 3 sets of JG, but no new level 40s, so not as much need.

A good thing to do is be proactive and form private queues and then advertise them. E.g. F&I is best done with PQs. The trick is to try to form them after the cosmics are on CD. You will not find many people doing Rampages while cosmics are up.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Rampges revamp needs to happens, Gravitar is the only I see running alot these days

• Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Some of these you don't want to run with random queues. You could be in a Fire and Ice with no healer. Which is going to be a failure. I've also seen Sky Command/Gravitar fail when there isn't anyone who can heal. Sky Command if folks aren't fast enough in killing the mobs before they kill the engines, and you have no one to heal the engines.

As others have said some of these just need to be done with a Private Queue due to what I just stated and due to the dwindling population of folks that need the tokens.

My next few level 40s who want higher than Legion are pretty much (And Legion is pretty good by itself) going for the GCR/SCR gear (Distinguished). AKA you don't need Justice Gear. Hell, you don't even need Legion.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Rampages are a terrible mess, and they need sorting out. Sky Command and Lemurian Invasion need pensioning off, F&I needs downgrading and someone needs to sit down and have a proper think about what they want the alert type (which is, after all, level 35 PUG Content) to be. For my money upgrading them into Cosmic/TA level difficulty instead would be a mistake... something to make people play fewer Grab Alerts at 40, and get into more of the role-based play needed for the snorefest endgame would be better.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Well, downgrading them to SCR content and then just making them drop SCR is another way to go.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Rampages are a terrible mess, and they need sorting out. Sky Command and Lemurian Invasion need pensioning off, F&I needs downgrading and someone needs to sit down and have a proper think about what they want the alert type (which is, after all, level 35 PUG Content) to be.

Bear in mind that Teleios Ascendant is queueable content, so the fact that you can queue for it doesn't say a lot about what it's intended for. Rampages were certainly originally intended as elite endgame content. Assuming they remain linked to Justice gear, I would expect them to be revamped as GCR content, but it's certainly possible to break that connection.
  • Options
    coneuroniaconeuronia Posts: 63 Arc User

Bear in mind that Teleios Ascendant is queueable content, so the fact that you can queue for it doesn't say a lot about what it's intended for. Rampages were certainly originally intended as elite endgame content. Assuming they remain linked to Justice gear, I would expect them to be revamped as GCR content, but it's certainly possible to break that connection.

I actually would not mind having the tokens removed completely and replaced with GCR. The GCR reward would need diminishing returns, of course, but it would make a nice alternative to hunting Cosmics or trying to get epic lairs going.
    On the play issue, private queues work. There was a ton of them for F&I last Saturday, got my Igimbrite and so on, so not a total loss.

Amelie Layclaire - Lightning and Wind (40)
    Solution Five - Gadgets and Subterfuge (40)
    Dodgeball Kara - Support and Ebon Ruin (40)
    Relentless Pursuit - Fire and Force (35)
    Rear Window - Homage - Icy Disposition (20)
    Teaming with @shottymario and hoping to meet you all ingame.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Bear in mind that Teleios Ascendant is queueable content, so the fact that you can queue for it doesn't say a lot about what it's intended for.

Wrong way up. Telios Ascendent is the outlier, in the rest of the game a queue is either for content appropriate for the player level, or content which scales the player up or down to the appropriate level.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Haven't played LI or SC in over a year. After a fifth set of Justice Gear, I just couldn't punish myself through those tedious alerts anymore.
    I would just rather not have the gear.

If they get a serious revamp, I'll be on board.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Eh. The only ones I have done are Gravitar and SC and of those the only ones I have managed to get folks competent enough to complete is Gravitar. SC usually fails almost instantly when you finally get someone to take it on.

I would say they need to get rid of the RNG reward system altogether for everything that is not just some random cosmetics or AF.

If you want to know why folks do not bother with most of these though it is because: A) The Rewards are not worth it. B ) Many of them are hard to get a group that can handle them randomly. C) They take too long. and D) They do not want to get into a mission they have not done before and muck it up.
    Post edited by hasukurobi on
  • Options
    When I do SC I almost always bring a healer or someone with lead tempest. The good thing about Rampages (as against Cosmics) is that the tokens are not bind to character (unlike gcr/scr) so I can use any character I like that I think will help make the mission succeed.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    SC I always use a ranged character. fighting flyers is just easier that way.

I like to bring a rezzer to gravi, just because Gravi is annoying like that.

I sometimes play the Tank for Lemuria, tanking that enormous thing is amusing.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User

I actually would not mind having the tokens removed completely and replaced with GCR. The GCR reward would need diminishing returns, of course, but it would make a nice alternative to hunting Cosmics or trying to get epic lairs going.
    On the play issue, private queues work. There was a ton of them for F&I last Saturday, got my Igimbrite and so on, so not a total loss.

nope not diminishing returns, you get exactly the same as other things which drop per day. a limit on how many you can do.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaelk said:

nope not diminishing returns, you get exactly the same as other things which drop per day. a limit on how many you can do.

They effectively have DR -- a daily mission you can do only once, plus two more that are just the OM rewards.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Posts: 65 Arc User
    I pick up APB's and find it very difficult to get Bursts. The problem with these alerts is they get bugged and you need to form a team just to fix them. My friend wanted to do the Nemesis battle but again this is something for level 40 (like Rampage) and there is never enough players interested in doing these events.

However I won't just complain about it, I have a suggestion, but I doubt the current developers want to do this. Instead of having these players time out because someone fails to press the "Ready!" button. Introduce AI heroes to join the team. AI heroes wouldn't be any worse or better than a new player. I am not talking about one or two players with the rest AI. Instead you have 3 to 4 players and one or two AI on the team in order to fill the que and get them on their way.

The AI hero could be randomly generated and given simple instructions to follow the players and blast the enemy. I don't look at this as dehumanizing the game because this would not happen all the time, just when people have been looking a timer for the last minute and a half.

Since I don't believe Santa Claws anymore, I will recommend the best time to do alerts and Rampage would be during a major event.
    banner.png
    Raging Princess Blaze + Model 286 + Red Inferno + Burgundy Beetle
  • Options
    Umm, this is a thread about Rampages: Sky Command, Lemurian Invasion, Gravitar and Fire and Ice. Daily Alerts and Nemcon are something entirely different.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    There is a Nemesis Rampage ... look it up. It requires 5 live players. Just like the common Alerts. What I am suggesting above is either;

A. developers add robots to these alerts and rampages when the population is too thin.

B. players wait until the population is greatest during "special events" and que the Rampages and Alerts.

How is my statement off topic @jaazaniah1 for this thread?
    banner.png
    Raging Princess Blaze + Model 286 + Red Inferno + Burgundy Beetle
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    The only reason I'd do rampages is to grind for tokens for a yet to be geared toon.

And I don't make new toons anymore because I'd eventually have to grind Rampages to gear them.
    My suggestion would be to tone them down a bit and make them 5-player content. Same equivalent difficulty level and same rewards, but then you would only need to get 5 together to get them to pop. It probably won't make them run more often, but it would make it easier on the player base that wants to run them to get them to pop.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options

There is a Nemesis Rampage ... look it up. It requires 5 live players.

It's not a Rampage. It's an instanced lair.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Because the Nemesis Confrontation is not a Rampage as the game defines it. The Rampages are the 4 I listed. Rampages give the tokens currently needed to purchase Justice Gear. I think you are confusing the real Alerts (Grab, Burst, Smash) with the 10 player Rampages. As Panta notes, NemCon is a lair.

There is a Nemesis Rampage ... look it up. It requires 5 live players. Just like the common Alerts. What I am suggesting above is either;

A. developers add robots to these alerts and rampages when the population is too thin.

B. players wait until the population is greatest during "special events" and que the Rampages and Alerts.

How is my statement off topic @jaazaniah1 for this thread?

Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png