test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 6/1/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2017 in Release Notes
Destroids Rise Again!
  • Fixed a bug with the Memorial Park peacekeeping mission where the summoned Destroids would not become attackable.
  • Added voiceover for when the Mega Destroids Uplink, Reroute or Power Transfer.
  • Made some adjustments to the Mega Destroid AI so they won't get stuck in their targeting phase, causing them to not do anything.
  • Moved the hologram post so the Mega Destroids won't get caught up in it if fighting in that area.
  • Mobs around the Retribution devices are much more aggressive to aggro to nearby players.
  • Added Full Body Blot Aura and Blot (Wings) Aura as potential drops from the open mission.
  • Slightly reduced the initial damage boost for the Power Transfer buff.
  • Increased the chance for the Portable Robot Factory to summon a robot to 35% (from 25%).
  • Increased the range of your target where it can summon a Robot to 100ft.
  • Increased the durability of the Portable Robot Factory.

Gold Sub Reward
  • Added Feather Mask as the monthly sub reward.

Collector Lockbox
  • Added Arcane Flight unlock, Arcane Flight travel device, Anapa Loyal Sidekick, Arcane Mage costume unlock, Anubis Head costume unlock, Spinal Glow Tights costume unlock, Tiki Staff weapon skin, Trident weapon skin, Floating Candle Aura, Will-O-The-Wisp Aura, Floating Orbs Aura, Translucent Floating Orbs Aura, Sacred Aura and Crashing Incantation power unlock to the Collector Store.

Misc
  • Wrist Bolter, Ball Lightning, Incendiary Rounds, Stone Shot, Wield Earth and Life Essence FX will no longer scale to target.
  • Corrected Expulse/Pillar of Poz Rank 2 and 3 tic rate tooltips.
  • Added the following categories to the auction house: Core Mod, Enhancement Mod, Armoring Mod, Defense System, Weapon System, Emotes.
  • Note: Due to how the auction house works existing listings won't show up in them. Newly listed items will.
  • The old Mod category will stick around for 2 weeks before being removed, but all newly listed mods will be sorted into the new categories.
  • Rearranged auction house categories and color coded them.
  • In order to queue for Nemesis Confrontation you now need to be in a minimum team of 5 players. This is being done as a workaround fix as the queue had a tendency to get stuck if players of various team sizes queued for it.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Some nice changes to the OM there and QOL changes to the AH are always welcome :)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Feather Mask?
    Didn't we allready got one??
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Feather Mask?
    0be3d394c31815eadec23bba4ceae6a01488483198.jpg
    87f73af5f9fe1d1f7f4b49f59e9366521496274716.jpg

Meh, Im glad Im not missing anything important​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I'm loving the Feather mask Kai, ty =)

It's nice having two variations on a theme and I really like bird themed stuff..... very iconic.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Mobs around the Retribution devices are much more aggressive to aggro to nearby players.

I've been playing as a healer many times during the open mission and it was painful enough LOL

there is no way a tank/anyone can aggro 30~ enemies, so the healer will always get the most attention

but cool updates anyway.
  • Options
    erinshade#5905 erinshade Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    "Wrist Bolter, Ball Lightning, Incendiary Rounds, Stone Shot, Wield Earth and Life Essence FX will no longer scale to target."

Submachinegun Burst has the bullets that appear far above the the machine gun and won't appear on the screen unless zoomed far out.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    zemmax said:

there is no way a tank/anyone can aggro 30~ enemies, so the healer will always get the most attention.

Yeah, a tanking power that generates global threat (the way healing does) would be nice.
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User

zemmax said:

there is no way a tank/anyone can aggro 30~ enemies, so the healer will always get the most attention.

Yeah, a tanking power that generates global threat (the way healing does) would be nice.
    I've not tried it but what if you where to use a mind drain/ challenge setup for a tank? it heals and applies challenge.
    The Auction House has no category for Vehicle Support System Mods.
  • Options
    hugoguerrerohugoguerrero Posts: 27 Arc User
    After today's patch my mouse's button 4 and 5 don't work on the game :-1::-1:
  • Options
    maldanaanmaldanaan Posts: 53 Arc User
    n8mcd said:

The Auction House has no category for Vehicle Support System Mods.

Was going to post the same. This could be problematic.

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    avianos said:

flyingfinn wrote: »

Feather Mask?

0be3d394c31815eadec23bba4ceae6a01488483198.jpg

87f73af5f9fe1d1f7f4b49f59e9366521496274716.jpg

Meh, Im glad Im not missing anything important​​

I'll give this a tipple Meh. I don't think I've even used the basic masks never mind these feather masks.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    zemmax said:

there is no way a tank/anyone can aggro 30~ enemies, so the healer will always get the most attention

Some Offtanks do it.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    kamokami said:

zemmax said:

Some Offtanks do it.
    Tanking the damage isn't that hard, but applying threat to all of them is tough. There's an awful lot of crap around the retribution devices.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

kamokami said:

zemmax said:

Some Offtanks do it.
    Tanking the damage isn't that hard, but applying threat to all of them is tough. There's an awful lot of crap around the retribution devices.
    Movement + PbAoE w Challenge + getting there first takes care of it in my experience.
  • Options
    The AH is sure colourful now :smiley:

HELL YEAH, you guys finally updated Arcane Flight's TP Icon, no more default flight icon onion-22.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

After today's patch my mouse's button 4 and 5 don't work on the game :-1::-1:

Did you try remapping them? Sometimes the game forgets settings.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    BUG: [Bluejay Mantle] shows as already unlocked, with the grey mask icon, despite its not

The costume is new item, its NOT in the tailor and the icon wont work

The Costume CANNOT be unlocked at the current state
    ​​
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    • Added the following categories to the auction house: Core Mod, Enhancement Mod, Armoring Mod, Defense System, Weapon System, Emotes.
    • Note: Due to how the auction house works existing listings won't show up in them. Newly listed items will.
    • The old Mod category will stick around for 2 weeks before being removed, but all newly listed mods will be sorted into the new categories.
    • Rearranged auction house categories and color coded them.

Any more categories and I'll have to strongly suggest adding scrollbar functionality to the category list. I love these additions to the AH.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    avianos said:

BUG: [Bluejay Mantle] shows as already unlocked, with the grey mask icon, despite its not

The costume is new item, its NOT in the tailor and the icon wont work

The Costume CANNOT be unlocked at the current state
    ​​

I have been meaning to post this for days now, but damn ADHD kept getting in the way.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    My only guess is because the Back piece (Small wings) has always been free in tailor (Its even in the preview image)
    The code thinks you have already unlocked it despite the mantle part not being available for free

*Muffle*Why nobody noticed that in PTS?*Muffle*
    ​​
  • Options
    n3lln3ll Posts: 21 Arc User
    I don't know about other summon devices, but [Gadroon Mercenary Contract] and [Portable Robotic Factory] both says that "you cannot have more than one of this device equipped.", but you cannot either have them toggled simultaneously and I believe this isn't stated anywhere. Tho whatever, I don't really care anymore what you do if your customer support continues to be what it is. I just came to tell this on behalf of other players who would maybe want to use them simultaneously.
    IronClaw@AllahSemmin in game c:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    isn't that true of all permanent backup devices? Seriously, you can choose which one you want, but only one.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters