test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Might Framework, can it get attention?

xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
Title says all, and I'm also partially whining.

Might needs slight tweaks/QoL changes to bring it up to speed with the other sets.

*Beatdown needs to be updated.
*Shockwave and Nuclear Shockwave need to be updated.
*Mighty Kick needs to be updated. Or changed. or something. it's terrible.
*Defiance change(?). It's the only passive that behaves like a form.
*Defensive Combo(?). It's the only combo in the entire game that has innate threat. Either change this, or give that ability to other powersets as well.
*Roomsweeper still builds multiple enrage stacks ( 1-4, sometimes even 5 ) on ONE target, on full charge. It was never meant to behave like this.

That's all I got right now.

Rants/Suggestions/Memes are welcome.

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Both Beatdown and Defensive Combo really need to have 100% knock down on the final combo in order to provide synergy with the Enraged. NO ADV, this needs to be a default effect
    I mean the whole mechanic of Mights is to knock... imagine if you had to take 2 points adv for Single blade and Bestial in order to be able to apply bleeds, doesn't make sense does it
    and the Beatdown animation is asking for a knock down effect

I would honestly change Roomsweeper to be a Knockdown power, but that's because im Bias and hate Knock-into-stratosphere (please STOP scattering all the alert mobs) in order to make it more AoE friendly

a Might EU would propably be basic "gain energy on knock" or "gain energy when you attempt to knock a Staggered enemy"
    I suggest Stagger it order to make the debuff more useful and provide synergy with the EARTH​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Just go Unarmed. MA is the best powerset for melee these days. lol jk

But yeah, lots of Might powers are very underwhelming. I hope the upcoming Thor film will make the devs look into the Brick powerset more.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    avianos said:

Both Beatdown and Defensive Combo really need to have 100% knock down on the final combo in order to provide synergy with the Enraged. NO ADV, this needs to be a default effect

I mean the whole mechanic of Mights is to knock... imagine if you had to take 2 points adv for Single blade and Bestial in order to be able to apply bleeds, doesn't make sense does it

and the Beatdown animation is asking for a knock down effect

I would honestly change Roomsweeper to be a Knockdown power, but that's because im Bias and hate Knock-into-stratosphere (please STOP scattering all the alert mobs) in order to make it more AoE friendly

a Might EU would propably be basic "gain energy on knock" or "gain energy when you attempt to knock a Staggered enemy"

I suggest Stagger it order to make the debuff more useful and provide synergy with the EARTH​​

Might was originally intended to be a tanking powerset. The fact that Defensive Combo even exists in it's current state is evidence of that. Either Beatdown and Defensive Combo should be adjusted/changed/updated to reflect and honor that original concept, or standardize them the way every combo is right now.

Right now, Might for the most part, is in a middle of the road kind of place in my opinion. It just needs very small adjustments and updates to really be pretty much finished as a powerset. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell when the Might powerset will even be looked at. It probably won't even be on the radar for a long time. With the current state of Earth, the Might powerset is once again bumped in line.
    edited August 2017
    Oh yes I definatly agree, right now the powerframe is more focused on Tanking rather than DPS and the recent revamps showed that MIGHT Is really bare bones

My Might Dps and Tank characters are really BORING to play, basically no set up, spam haymaker
    and for my might DPS im using Brimstone (imaginary weapons) as proper AoE
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it's hard to tell when the Might powerset will even be looked at. It probably won't even be on the radar for a long time. With the current state of Earth, the Might powerset is once again bumped in line.
    I was honestly expecting a might revamp with the release of the Wonderwoman movie
    TK Revamp caught me surprised but thanks to it melee TK is finally GOOD​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I mostly agree. Give Might a non-dispersing melee-flagged AoE (Havoc Stomp is close, I guess, though its dps is low and it still scatter KBs on charge). Revamp Stagger to last longer, spread Stagger and Disorient around more, make Might (and Earth) work better w/ Stagger and Disorient, and create an EU around around that. Instead of innate threat, Defense Combo can Disorient, since that lowers dmg, while Beatdown keeps Stagger, since its offense-oriented. Both combos need to be able to proc Enrage. HW can even take advantage of this since it already has some Disorienting powers, so the new EU could be a Brick thing.

Even if some people may not like it, taking off the extra threat from Defense Combo is also nice cause it means we have a simple punching combo that non-tanks of many themes can use for basic 'brawling' (no special effects, finesse/MA, weapons, or invis weapon skins needed).

For SW, maybe it could have the first ~15ft of its cone be flagged as melee and Crushing dmg? Nuclear SW need to be re-updated w/ current balancing numbers in mind. Mighty Kick could KD innately, apply/refresh Stagger and/or Disorient, and still KB w/ an adv (for the '300' memes in all of us). Maybe also give it Rising Knee's debuff adv. I dunno, just something to make it more useful in light of a revamp.

As far as Haymaker: its nice to keep its boss-killing role, as that fits the concept. Its tough to compel you to use other attacks vs. bosses given the high opportunity cost of not charging it, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    flowcyto said:

I mostly agree. Give Might a non-dispersing melee-flagged AoE (Havoc Stomp is close, I guess, though its dps is low and it still scatter KBs on charge). Revamp Stagger to last longer, spread Stagger and Disorient around more, make Might (and Earth) work better w/ Stagger and Disorient, and create an EU around around that. Instead of innate threat, Defense Combo can Disorient, since that lowers dmg, while Beatdown keeps Stagger, since its offense-oriented. Both combos need to be able to proc Enrage. HW can even take advantage of this since it already has some Disorienting powers, so the new EU could be a Brick thing.

Even if some people may not like it, taking off the extra threat from Defense Combo is also nice cause it means we have a simple punching combo that non-tanks of many themes can use for basic 'brawling' (no special effects, finesse/MA, weapons, or invis weapon skins needed).

For SW, maybe it could have the first ~15ft of its cone be flagged as melee and Crushing dmg? Nuclear SW need to be re-updated w/ current balancing numbers in mind. Mighty Kick could KD innately, apply/refresh Stagger and/or Disorient, and still KB w/ an adv (for the '300' memes in all of us). Maybe also give it Rising Knee's debuff adv. I dunno, just something to make it more useful in light of a revamp.

As far as Haymaker: its nice to keep its boss-killing role, as that fits the concept. Its tough to compel you to use other attacks vs. bosses given the high opportunity cost of not charging it, though.

These are all good suggestions.

The thing with shockwave/nuclear shockwave is that to me, it just seems awkward to use, especially because it's damage values are a joke. I feel making these skills into a non-target PBAoE maintain ( the same as Iron cyclone, vicious cyclone, etc ), would definitely breathe new life into them. They would be so much more convenient to use in general this way.

Giving Mighty Kick a the rising knee debuff is an interesting option to explore. Mighty Kick I assume was added as a joke, but it could definitely not be a joke power. Giving it a rising % chance to stack either stagger or disorient dependent on charge could give it some value.

I think the brick framework as a whole would benefit greatly from an EU that works off of stagger and disorient.
    Havoc Stomp really needs a Center of Gravity ADV as well​​