test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 8/3/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2017 in Release Notes
Misc
  • Fixed a bug where Medusa's Psi Bombs could all stack on one another in Teleios Tower.
  • Fixed an issue where aoe attacks could hit their target caps against single targets in the Eidolon fight.
  • Restored Canada's sky. It now features an Aurora Borealis.
  • Removed the action figure stores from Toy Master as they cluttered up his store collection when he had event specific stores displayed. Currently he does not have any stores, but this will change when certain events are running.
  • Added a long version of the scoundrel coat bottom for males.
  • Corrected some geometry errors in Millennium City.
  • Improvements/adjustments made to NPC pathing for various Millennium City maps (if you are wondering why the patch is so large this is most of it).
​​

Comments

• canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

• ​​
    Finally. Thank you.

/CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    still waiting on a "fix" for some of the DRIFTER STORE items... 1) the QUAD BLASTER bracer piece & the MECH ARMOR leg accessory, i bought each of those & unlocked them on a female toon but only my female toons can access them, they dont show up on my male toons, there was NOTHING in the description about those pieces being a gender specific unlock... i would hate to have to buy them again to unlock the items on a male toon when it should have worked the first time, there might be other unlocks that have this issue but i have yet to buy anymore items...
  • bartthegamerbartthegamer Posts: 7 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

• Added a long version of the scoundrel coat bottom for males.
    • Corrected some geometry errors in Millennium City.
    • Improvements/adjustments made to NPC pathing for various Millennium City maps (if you are wondering why the patch is so large this is most of it).
    ​​
    I always kinda appreciate updates to some of the little things.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    jeeb51 wrote: »
    still waiting on a "fix" for some of the DRIFTER STORE items... 1) the QUAD BLASTER bracer piece & the MECH ARMOR leg accessory, i bought each of those & unlocked them on a female toon but only my female toons can access them, they dont show up on my male toons, there was NOTHING in the description about those pieces being a gender specific unlock... i would hate to have to buy them again to unlock the items on a male toon when it should have worked the first time, there might be other unlocks that have this issue but i have yet to buy anymore items...

These are not gender specific unlocks. Have you tried searching for them in the unlocks tab?​​
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

​​
    Does this mean just the NPC pathing for civilians, or does this also include things like the cars and villains?
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • kaizerin wrote: »
    Improvements/adjustments made to NPC pathing for various Millennium City maps (if you are wondering why the patch is so large this is most of it)

if this is a fix for the weird clipping cars do (unlikely, but one can hope), i expect to see ground vehicles in the next major update​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Were the animal head detail-none issues fixed?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Is this what Taco was doing? Fixing the MC map?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Wait a second... does this mean Baby Dino wont slide up the mountain when off-tanked?!
    ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.
  • there's a baby dino in millennium city?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Actually, yeah, right next to Irwin. But they don't move, just sleep. :)
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    I don't know why they flat out got rid of the long version of the coat to begin with.
    Because the Coat was Glitching and stretching like hell when you were moving, jumping, attacking. Creating an ugly mess
    When players requested a fix they just... cut it short

Seems they finally got the proper code to fix it​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    And they tried to say the design was meant to be that length
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2017

if this is a fix for the weird clipping cars do (unlikely, but one can hope), i expect to see ground vehicles in the next major update

And wallcrawling and running on water.
    And it's not.
    :#
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

• Fixed a bug where Medusa's Psi Bombs could all stack on one another in Teleios Tower.
    ​​
    \o/
  • xurreal84xurreal84 Posts: 2 Arc User
    1400MB
    Cya next month
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    And they tried to say the design was meant to be that length
    Oh yeah, I remember that statement
    and the Picture of the LONG coat on the news blog was the cherry on the top...
    Improvements/adjustments made to NPC pathing for various Millennium City maps (if you are wondering why the patch is so large this is most of it).
    All the maps are pretty much Updating, inlcuding alert maps not relate to MC
    Restored Canada's sky. It now features an Aurora Borealis.
    01d.png
    It's small things like that that make the game better​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • so when did canada's sky vanish anyway? i recall it having one last time i was there - which, granted, was over a year ago​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    avianos said:

Because the Coat was Glitching and stretching like hell when you were moving, jumping, attacking. Creating an ugly mess

When players requested a fix they just... cut it short

Seems they finally got the proper code to fix it​​

Does this mean they're going to fix Rocker thigh flaps from clipping and stretching on High end mass builds next?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    When I tried the updated space scoundrel coat on a female character the interior surface of the coat displayed as a kind of gray color, rather than the colors I set it to be (black and purple). Can someone check why this would happen?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    thanks for your hard work kaizerin!
  • ipsissimusalephipsissimusaleph Posts: 16 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

Improvements/adjustments made to NPC pathing for various Millennium City maps (if you are wondering why the patch is so large this is most of it).

​​
    Thankyou. Thanks to this I've been unable to log in since late Thursday BST and it's now early Saturday BST and the update has only just completed. Frustrating. I get why the patch needs to be that amount of data, but being tetchy rather than techy uncertain why that amount of data can't be downloaded without hogging as much bandwidth as a live video stream...

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    jeeb51 said:

You mean like how they "fixed" the issue with the missing chest piece from a certain "rep" store item, namely, males got it, but the females didn't, despite the original seller being a female wearing the set...when they fixed it (by unlocking the female chest piece), people had to buy the chest piece again, despite the fact the "fix" came after they increased prices...So, I never got the female chest piece despite having already bought the item before...
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

jeeb51 wrote: »

These are not gender specific unlocks. Have you tried searching for them in the unlocks tab?​​

Yes, i have searched in the tailor listings & in the unlock tab, it seems ONLY my female toons have these 2 items unlocked, on my male toons the search comes up blank when i type in BLASTER QUAD (the bracers) & MECH (the leg accessory)...