test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reminder. Best ever sidekick simulator has been rereleased this week.

2»

Comments

• catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    avianos said:

First of all, it's SUPLEX U.U

and Second, better than Trainwrecking the thread when we discuss about LEWD Body Pillows about imaginary characters from a JRPG series​​

I cant tell if your asking for more "training" or just "trained" in asking for it. lol

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    FF6 is best and Kefka is the best villain ever.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos said:

First of all, it's SUPLEX U.U​​

Well then FF devs don't know what a suplex is cause if it was a suplex the train would be on the other side of the character when it comes down.
    You need to upgrade your photobucket account apparently.
  • #LegalizeAwoo
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

avianos said:

First of all, it's SUPLEX U.U​​

Well then FF devs don't know what a suplex is cause if it was a suplex the train would be on the other side of the character when it comes down.

It's a SNES game with small player character sprites. Use your imagination.

It's a SNES game with small player character sprites. Use your imagination.

That's a really good excuse for why they couldn't do better.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    spinnytop wrote: »
    You need to upgrade your photobucket account apparently.
    LOL Photobucket. You do realize this is 2017, right?

Edit:
    1) The game was originally Japanese, and at the time, Japanese-to-English game translations were pretty mediocre. (for several reasons)

2) Attack animations in most RPGs generally aren't supposed to change the final location of enemies on the screen. Doing so makes preventing overlapping, being partially offscreen, etc a bigger pain in the **** than using static, preset positions.

Oh well, can't please everyone! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited July 2017
    aesica said:

1) The game was originally Japanese, and at the time, Japanese-to-English game translations were pretty mediocre. (for several reasons)
    ​​

a lot of memes came from that fact ^_^

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    avianos said:

I've only ever cared about Final Fantasy Tactics.

I actually tried FF:Tactics Advance, but Unfortenly I SUCK at strategy games I couldnt continue same reason i never got into Tactical Waifu Simulator Fire Emblem

However I'm really interested in Final Fantasy IX and FF: Crystal Chronicles
    spinnytop said:

Pile driving a train? Really? :T
    First of all, it's SUPLEX U.U

and Second, better than Trainwrecking the thread with unrelated CAT Gifs when we discuss about LEWD Body Pillows about imaginary characters from a JRPG series​​
    Well, the actual topics was games that are sidekick simulators, and the best one of those I've played was DCUO. you actually choose a mentor in the game as part of the tutorial.

Also FFX-2 was best FF :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

avianos said:

I GOT THIS

​​

Pile driving a train? Really? :T
    How long have you lived under that rock?
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited July 2017
    aesica said:

2) Attack animations in most RPGs generally aren't supposed to change the final location of enemies on the screen. Doing so makes preventing overlapping, being partially offscreen, etc a bigger pain in the **** than using static, preset positions.

1 - right, so it's likely they meant piledriver and just accidentally translated it to the wrong word.

2 - becomes irrelevant once we realize this was likely a translation error.
    nepht said:

How long have you lived under that rock?

You have to actually know about things to be disappointed by them. Think woman!
    1 - right, so it's likely they meant piledriver and just accidentally translated it to the wrong word.
    The later versions of the game refer to it as "Meteor Strike" rather than "Suplex." No Piledriver for you, unless Aileen counts. As a bonus, her attack bearing that name looks literally nothing like a Piledriver, or any wrestling move at all for that matter.
    Also FFX-2 was best FF :p
    And with that, the skies blacken, the moon turns red, and the echo of a million anguished cries fills the still air as darkness rises up to walk the earth once more.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    Wrestlers often take basic moves and rename them. Just cause "Big Tom Thunder Pants" named his special pile driver the "Meteor Strike" doesn't change the fact that it's still a pile driver.
    Sabin isn't a wrestler though, technically. He's a martial artist.​​
    edited July 2017
    I don't care if he's a used car salesman, a pile driver is a pile driver. This typo is an unconscionable nightmare, and I won't stand for it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Isn't Greco-roman wrestling technically a martial art? (just a bad one)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited July 2017
    Well yes. Every fighting style is technically a martial art. Some people think it only applies to kung fu or karate type asian things, but the term is much broader than that. It's another "anime isn't cartoons" situation where some people want to limit a word in ways that were never intended and that technically don't make sense.

After all, being a martial artist doesn't mean a person would refuse to learn wrestling, or fencing, or boxing, or zulu spear fighting.
    i get told off for saying that often by my little sister, but no one can tell me how anime isnt a cartoon....its animated entertainment, same thing right??

Isn't Greco-roman wrestling technically a martial art? (just a bad one)

Its a sport version of pankration, none lethal.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration