test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Right Marvel enough already.

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
As a long time Marvel fan girl thats put up with a lot of Marvel's bullshit over the years this is a step to far I am not putting up with a Tony Stark with a face like a Great Dane. Marvel let Capcom away with this why? F*&^ this s&^% Ima getting Injustice 2 instead.

MvC:I might just be the worst Marvel game ever made.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Did Sinestro get his skin bleached and put on the iron man suit?
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Did Sinestro get his skin bleached and put on the iron man suit?

Nah Jafar stole an Iron Man suit instead.

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    They fixed Chun Li's face tho . . . I can't even finish that sentence with a straight face. :3=);)
    edited July 2017
    darqaura2 said:

They fixed Chun Li's face tho . . . I can't even finish that sentence with a straight face. :3=);)

They didn't they just took another screenie in different lighting still looks bad :I

edited July 2017
    That... reminds me of certain skyrim followers that people make that look almost right... but there's just something off... usually about the placement of the mouth and eyes, where you can tell they were trying to emulate the placements that give a youthful appearance, but they moved the sliders just a few clicks too many and now it looks like a secret goblin.
    spinnytop said:

That... reminds me of certain skyrim followers that people make that look almost right... but there's just something off... usually about the placement of the mouth and eyes, where you can tell they were trying to emulate the placements that give a youthful appearance, but they moved the sliders just a few clicks too many and now it looks like a secret goblin.

I think you actually mean Oblivion :P
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Chun Li's eyes. Can't unsee. Mother of god, there's something seriously wrong with them. As for Tony Stark, he really should just keep his Ironman mask on for the entire duration of the game.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited July 2017
    nepht said:

I think you actually mean Oblivion :P

No, I'm not talking about obvious monster mashes like the arena fan; he doesn't even look close to okay... he looks a weaponized face made by sheogorath. I mean skyrim followers where they're almost right, but something is off...

And you get the feeling it's cause the person in question went a few notches too far in trying to make their character look young, cute, asian or animeish...
    The cutesy anime style really doesn't work well once you cross a certain threshold of realism and head into uncanny valley territory.

Exhibit A:

SDUysPz.jpg​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    ERPers...

Most cartoons have become a devilish lure, that try to make something that looks innocent and cute

...but then hits you with something not for the whole family!!

The dark side of MMO's, people who want relationships posing like they where the toons they set before you
    as if it where really them standing there created to flirt with others, giving other gamers a bad name!

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    Well, this topic sure changed gears quickly.​​
    aesica said:

Well, this topic sure changed gears quickly.​​

sry...its just that spinny had a good point about some styles you see out there.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    I'm not sure how that led to implied smut. I was more on what Aesica mentioned with uncanny valley. All four of the examples I posted have it, and it leaves you with the unsettling feeling that, even though some of them may be cute, and they're pretty close... you're not looking at a human. Granted one of them is implied to be an elf but you know what I mean.
    To be fair on the elf smut have you seen Zelda's arse in Breath of the Wild?
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Can you play Captain Nazmerica?
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited July 2017
    catstarsto wrote: »
    sry...its just that spinny had a good point about some styles you see out there.
    The "uncanny valley" has nothing to do with smut, but rather, the feelings we get when we see various human-facsimile faces. Cartoonish/unrealistic/hardly human is on one side. As you progress toward an actual, real human face, there reaches a point when the imagery stirs up feelings of discomfort and revulsion in most people before finally settling back into "acceptable" again.

Here:

uncannytoaster.jpg

Note: Moving subjects tend to elicit greater sensations of revulsion than still images. Try spending some time with Cubo Girl. :D

If memory serves, this is because our brains are used to reading subtle bits of body language and facial expressions from things we perceive as human differently than those of cartoon characters and such. Things in the uncanny valley appear human enough for our brains to consider them human, yet they get wrong many of those subtle hints we use to read other humans. Our brain processes these as signs of there being something wrong with the subject, so it tells us to stay away with the same feelings we get when observing someone covered in infected, pustulant sores.​​
    Anyone remember the Final Fantasy movie?

EJjJxtA.jpg

...yeah me either.​​
  • there was a final fantasy movie other than advent children?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Seems to be predominance of "eyes too low" syndrome. Generally in drawing, eyes at are the mid-point of the head. Most of those examples are lower than that, which tends to push into the Uncanny Valley.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    there was a final fantasy movie other than advent children?
    Yup!​​
    the creepiest SOB ive ever seen (especially in the eyes) was Yul brynnar from that old west world movie... =O.O=

https://youtu.be/fsMC6d8DeMo

But those games i think some artists try too hard while others like the iron man pic nepht posted, dont really try very hard at all.
    aesica said:

Anyone remember the Final Fantasy movie?

EJjJxtA.jpg

...yeah me either.​​

When they get new special effects they write a movie around it, like T2 and those old giant "everything" movies from the 1960s. so most of them become B-movies due lack of any real story or plot. Final fantasys draw was due to them pulling you into their storyline through out a long campaign where you get to know the characters, like they also did very well in KOTOR!
    https://youtu.be/39GHqmqnodc
    ^the art was epic then, but the story....yeah, who cared to remember it? :/

aesica said:

Note: Moving subjects tend to elicit greater sensations of revulsion than still images. Try spending some time with Cubo Girl. :D

​​

The link didnt work. But i did google it...
    https://youtu.be/4cmhwES17Kc

"nope!" Thats (overly attached girlfriend) territory there!! ^^;

As some of you guys know I really hate Batman so I was on the fence about playing Injustice 2 but my second all time favourite DC character (after Harley :P ) was just announced and NRS done her justice *D*
    Crapcom take notes

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Yay! Koriand'r! Next they need to do Kommand'r. :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    nepht said:

As some of you guys know I really hate Batman so I was on the fence about playing Injustice 2 but my second all time favourite DC character (after Harley :P ) was just announced and NRS done her justice *D*
    Crapcom take notes

Who is that. Is that star fire? Team Titans gave me the impression that she was a nice girl u3u
    Well, she is. But, that doesn't mean she doesn't know how to beat you senseless.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1UWZdoqeJA
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited July 2017
    spinnytop said:

Who is that. Is that star fire? Team Titans gave me the impression that she was a nice girl u3u

Starfire is normally super happy but from what I read in the Injustice comics the current Robin Damien Wayne accidentally killed Nightwing. Starfire and Grayson have a thing going so shes out to murder Damien. Grayson is still around in the Injustice universe as the new Deadman and he is pretty much "meh it was accidental" so I don't know why shes all pissy about it.

spinnytop said:

sry, couldnt resist the pun

• randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    *looks at the post above* ... well, at least you posted a better looking Tony Stark face than the one Capcom's got in MvC:Infinite, catstarsto.

<.< >.> <.<
    edited August 2017

*looks at the post above* ... well, at least you posted a better looking Tony Stark face than the one Capcom's got in MvC:Infinite, catstarsto.

Majestic.
    nepht said:

Majestic.

Does Exodus know he stole an Acolyte uniform?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters