test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rhinoplasty Solo

Hello Heroes - I'm trying to solo the Rhinoplasty mission on Monster Island. I've gotten to the end twice, defeated the rhino, but Dr. Moreau gets away each time, and I can't complete the mission. Do I have to defeat him as well? The mission doesn't say I have to, and when I asked CO about it, they basically told me 'we don't give answers to questions about missions around here'. I could use some advice here. Thanks! B)

Comments

• Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    well if you can reach the end solo easily enough.. the next step is simple.. take out the doc before rhino.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    sciroccostormsciroccostorm Posts: 18 Arc User
    notyuu said:

well if you can reach the end solo easily enough.. the next step is simple.. take out the doc before rhino.

I wish it were that simple! But when the doc starts running about and creating 40 billion more rats that slow my ability to chase him, that goes poorly for me. :)

• Options
    stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    notyuu wrote: »

Might not be the answer you want but it is the answer.

Are you soloing it because you want to or because you can't find team members?​​

• Options

Are you soloing it because you want to or because you can't find team members?​​

Hi. Soloing with this tank because it's coming up on lvl 35 and I wanted to see what I might need to adjust when the big stuff comes up (like Gravitar).

Back to Rhinoplasty: if the answer is that both the Doc and the Rhino have to be defeated, so be it, but I just wish it'd have said that somewhere...
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    You don't need to defeat both the doc and the rhino (though I usually do -- the doc has to run to consoles and spend a bit of time to summon rats, and if you attack him he runs, interrupting the summon), but there might be a trigger region so if you pull rhino too far it doesn't count for mission completion.
  • Options

You don't need to defeat both the doc and the rhino (though I usually do -- the doc has to run to consoles and spend a bit of time to summon rats, and if you attack him he runs, interrupting the summon), but there might be a trigger region so if you pull rhino too far it doesn't count for mission completion.

Thank you! It's odd though, that both times I've defeated the Rhino, it's in the exact spot where he was standing when I entered that last cave clearing!

• Options
    stratluver wrote: »

Are you soloing it because you want to or because you can't find team members?

Not only did my post look rude and cocky...it was WRONG!

I ran one of my 40's, that has never done it, through the mission. I fought Rhino basically where he started. I did die once...missed a heal :p . Finished him off and got credit for the mission and even Doc defeat.

So, I'm not sure why you're having trouble but at least you know it can be completed that way.​​

• Options
    edited July 2017

Not only did my post look rude and cocky...it was WRONG!

I ran one of my 40's, that has never done it, through the mission. I fought Rhino basically where he started. I did die once...missed a heal :p . Finished him off and got credit for the mission and even Doc defeat.

So, I'm not sure why you're having trouble but at least you know it can be completed that way.​​

Thanks, strat :) So if I read this right, you defeated both the Rhino and the Doc? Or just the Rhino, and still got mission credit?

• Options
    Just the Rhino. And I got mission completion and credit for defeating the Dr.

Now, I'm sure I hit the Dr. with some AoE splash. So, maybe that helped in what my outcome was?​​

• Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    I've done that mission plenty of times, never beaten the Doc, did not even know that was an option, and got completion credit every time. You do not have to beat the dog to get mission cred, though I do think you get a bit more loot. You might be missing an earlier part of the mission or something like that.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Beating the doc gets you a perk. Beating on the doc puts Rhino's AI in a super-stupid mode which makes the fight faster and easier.
  • Options
    My thanks to everyone who contributed to this. On my third pass, I emerged victorious. I had to defeat the doc to do it, though. Going on pantagruel01's info, about interrupting Doc Moreau before he summoned more rats (which snare movement to a crawl), I focused on him with a lot of Pyre AoE, and ignored Rhino to the best of my ability. Doc did not summon any rats until he was 2/3 down on health, and then they started appearing anyway, although not in the same numbers if he had been summoning all along. Because Rhino stuck close to Doc, by the time I defeated Doc, Rhino was already 2/3 down from the same Pyre and AoE axe attacks! BTW, if you get Rhino to attack you while he is standing in one of the bonfires already present on the map, they will damage both Rhino and Doc's rat army!
  • Options
    I believe there's some damage sharing between rhino and the doc, and rhino takes a lot of damage if you block his charge attack.
  • Options

I believe there's some damage sharing between rhino and the doc, and rhino takes a lot of damage if you block his charge attack.

That makes sense: I was surprised after I defeated Doc Moreau at how little health Rhino had left. I wonder if it's Draysha-related as well, because when you're going through the lab at first, all the soldiers that head to the Draysha machine will keel over if you leave them alone long enough! Anyway, it was your cue that unlocked it for me, so thanks!

• Options
    cptmassive1cptmassive1 Posts: 120 Arc User
    Haven't done this mission in a while but IIRC the best place I found to fight them is right in the doorway in melee range, even with a squishy ranged dps. I don't recall defeating the doc or not but I think I did since everything was crowded in one spot - now I want to go do this lair again.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Rally!
  • Options
    There's a cut scene right at the start of the mission that should really be shown to all draysha supercharger users.