test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mega Maker. Well there goes what little free time I had.

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Let's hope Crapcom won't Cease & Desist it like Nintendon't did to ALL Major fangames like Pokemon Prism & Uranium, AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake and more)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Nepth, it seem like your comment got bugged and deleted
    I don't know about that, maybe if Capcom plays it smart like Sega, hires the creator of the game and make it official

Nintedo of Japan has always been really brutal with their online fanbase and it's because of them the fangames got taken down

president of Nintendo america, Reggie Fils-Aime, stated on an Interview that fangames like AM2R were taken down because
    "It was attempting to profit on Nintendo's IP"
    "It was a commercial product""

both which are huge lies, AM2R creator had been working for at least 8 years for this game only to release it for FREE as a FANGAME for the Metroid 30th anniversary

as much as I like Nintendo games (hello, im using a nintendo character as avatar) their Policies, actions with the fabase and tactics leave me disgust​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Yeah I crashed while editing spelling mistakes in my reply it was just about Megaman X Streetfighter.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Downloaded before Capcom's legal team descends upon this and tears it apart, like a rabbit cast amidst a pack of starving wolves.
    avianos wrote: »
    Nintedo of Japan has always been really brutal with their online fanbase and it's because of them the fangames got taken down
    I don't know, Zelda Classic seems to still exist, and it's been around for a long time. It's a game editor based on the original Legend of Zelda, and even includes the original LoZ 1st and 2nd quests as default modules and tilesets. It's well known enough that I find it nearly impossible to think that Nintendo isn't aware of it at this point.
    president of Nintendo america, Reggie Fils-Aime, stated on an Interview that fangames like AM2R were taken down because
    "It was attempting to profit on Nintendo's IP"
    "It was a commercial product""

both which are huge lies, AM2R creator had been working for at least 8 years for this game only to release it for FREE as a FANGAME for the Metroid 30th anniversary
    I don't know much about AM2R (it's a metroid game, right?) but I do know it's possible to profit on a game without actually charging for it. Games can be monetized via website ads, ingame ads, and sponsorships to name a few things. Using donation links can also draw the ire of corporate lawyers. Working with other people's (or corporations') IP is a slippery slope. Either you obtain written consent and/or a license, or you build off it at your own risk.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    avianos said:

Let's hope Crapcom won't Cease & Desist it like Nintendon't did to ALL Major fangames like Pokemon Prism & Uranium, AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake and more)​​

Uhh, Nintendo isn't the only one that does that. Not to mention it's their IP.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Uhh, Nintendo isn't the only one that does that. Not to mention it's their IP.
    Still a dick move to pull on your fanbase
    It didn't help that during that period the Metroid fanbase in drought
    don't look now that everyone is excited after number 4
    30 years anniversary and not a single new game since The Other M

have you seen shovelware pokemon clone games in android store? They are stealing resources from pokemon games (3D Models, music, sprites e.t.c) which has ingame microtransactions
    yet Nintendo doesn't take them down, there are still there
    d05.jpg

yet they have no problem C&D fangames made by loyal fans for fans for free

you can argue that they do this to avoid dealing with Lawsuits since they know that the people who make fangames won't fight back, and it's true
    aesica wrote: »
    I don't know much about AM2R (it's a metroid game, right?) but I do know it's possible to profit on a game without actually charging for it. Games can be monetized via website ads, ingame ads, and sponsorships to name a few things. Using donation links can also draw the ire of corporate lawyers. Working with other people's (or corporations') IP is a slippery slope. Either you obtain written consent and/or a license, or you build off it at your own risk.
    Not of this actually happened
    and AM2R actually got released after all because it got leaked before the C&D

Surprisingly the creator of the fangame isnt event mad​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Not of this actually happened
    and AM2R actually got released after all because it got leaked before the C&D

Surprisingly the creator of the fangame isnt event mad
    Oh that would also explain it. Unfortunate, but I can still see it from Nintendo's point of view I suppose. Working with an IP you don't own is risky business.

On the plus side, the guy who made that still has himself a pretty fantastic game engine. Change the maps, change the graphics, change the dialog and story elements and he'll have something he can probably sell on Steam or monetize through an online game portal.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Well this is still up and running(now called Mega Man Maker) and I have been tinkering with it for the last few weeks and been having a lot of fun trying to capture the feel of the classic megaman games. https://megamanmaker.com/

Also for anyone interested here are the codes to access the levels I have uploaded online so far!(goto Find Levels>Misc>Enter ID)