test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170531.41 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Costumes
  • Added Celestial Dragon Horns to the Celestial Dragon unlock.
  • Added additional color channels to Hyena hair.
  • Added Hyena and Cat hair as regular hair options from the Animal Pack.
  • Updated the textures on the Animal Pack heads to let players choose a darker detail option.
  • Updated Cat and Hyena texture to allow coloring the inside of the ears.
  • The Firewing head texture on males has been restricted. This costume was not meant to be freely available to players. Costumes that are already using this texture will retain it. However, if you edit the costume it will remove itself.
  • Added Dragon head, Lizard head and Fur Mane costumes to the debugger. Currently male only. These costumes will be part of a much larger pack, but we will be introducing them in pieces on PTS for feedback.

Mods
  • Updated icons for existing armoring and enhancement mods for consistency.
  • Added Dual Armoring mods to the debugger. Currently we are testing the Armoring versions before making Enhancement versions. These mods combine two stats. These items will eventualy be added as regular mob drops and most likely be introduced into the mod packs found in Lockboxes.

Forum Malvanum/Circus Malvanum
  • Added Firewing's tights (Partial Mask, Chest, Legs) as a rare reward from Forum Malvanum.
  • Added Gladiator Head costume to the Circus Malvanum store.
  • Added Dread Steam Vehicle to the Circus Malvanum store.
  • Gave Firewing a Fireball attack to mix up his short cooldown attack chain as spamming the Flashfire snap looked a bit silly.
  • Made it so Firewing's attacks are properly colored as some were using default colors.
  • Increased Firewing's attack range slightly and adjusted his attack priority so he tries to use his big attacks when they become available.
  • Updated Firewing's costume and stance.
  • Added preview images to costumes found in Forum Malvanum.
  • Added Glass, Psi, Holo, Ghost and Ice materials to Malvan Eyebrows.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where Reaper's Embrace's rupture damage was not scaling with forms.
​​

Comments

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    kaizerin said:

Costumes

• Added Dragon head, Lizard head and Fur Mane costumes to the debugger. Currently male only. These costumes will be part of a much larger pack, but we will be introducing them in pieces on PTS for feedback.

Oh. My. God. Is this the head that the Dragon AFs use??
    kaizerin said:

Updated icons for existing armoring and enhancement mods for consistency.
    Added Dual Armoring mods to the debugger. Currently we are testing the Armoring versions before making Enhancement versions. These mods combine two stats. These items will eventualy be added as regular mob drops and most likely be introduced into the mod packs found in Lockboxes.

​​
    It's nice to see these type of mods. Gives more choice rather than stacking just one stat.

Can't wait until these stuff goes Live!

mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Costumes
    • Added Celestial Dragon Horns to the Celestial Dragon unlock.
    • Added additional color channels to Hyena hair.
    • Added Hyena and Cat hair as regular hair options from the Animal Pack.
    • Updated the textures on the Animal Pack heads to let players choose a darker detail option.
    I love this~! ALL of this, especially for my Heyna
    Added Hyena and Cat hair as regular hair options from the Animal Pack.
    Thank you so much!
    Im really glad that those hair are get to become available for humans as well, they have potential :smiley:
    Misc
    • Fixed a bug where Reaper's Embrace's rupture damage was not scaling with forms.
    \o/
    Added Dual Armoring mods to the debugger. Currently we are testing the Armoring versions before making Enhancement versions. These mods combine two stats. These items will eventualy be added as regular mob drops and most likely be introduced into the mod packs found in Lockboxes.
    This sounds really interesting, it gives more options for the stats distribution​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer

dwagon.jpg​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    kaizerin said:

dwagon.jpg​​

Oh...it isn't. Well, hopefully I can tweak it in tailor. Is it possible to have a slider option for the snout? like link it with chin/jaw slider?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    dwagon.jpg

That looks really nice, any chance that we'll get a Detail option that makes it look a bit more scaled along the dark green skin?​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The firewing pattern has been around for years, this is a horrible thing to do.

(Apparently the R word is a violation?)

Let's try this one more time...apparently if you have a negative opinion you'll be censored.

So let's try this again with constructive-ness...people use this piece a lot, it's an alternative for masks and etc because you can use facial details (unlike all partial mask) it's been available for many many years and it would be like taking out Ironclads bracer away after like 7 years just to make them a reward. If they weren't meant to be then they should have been removed over three years ago.

Now people are going to have to earn a piece they already have/had or any character costume will be ruined unless they farm for this...there, constructive criticism.
    Post edited by ealford1985 on
    dwagon.jpg
    This looks Wonderful​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

dwagon.jpg​​

Yeah I would totally get that head for my alts. The lizard head and the mane aren't too bad, either.

I have a question though, if you're revisiting some of the animal heads, would you be revisiting some of the old one too, like deer and feline, and maybe giving them a Detail > None option, or is that asking too much?
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand: why are you removing the reward for Defeating Firewing Perk in Forum Malvan after- three, four years now? It's a great piece, a lot of people use it as an alternative to partial masks or as awesome facepaint. What is the harm of leaving it in?
    Also: Please leave it In! I use it too!

• riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    Can we keep the Firewing mask please? No one is very happy when costume pieces are taken out, and there are still a lot of protesting about getting the other pieces that have been taking out of the game back.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    kaizerin said:

Costumes

• The Firewing head texture on males has been restricted. This costume was not meant to be freely available to players. Costumes that are already using this texture will retain it. However, if you edit the costume it will remove itself.
    • Updated Firewing's costume and stance.
    ​​
    Suggestion:

Update a NEW head texture for Firewing. Make it something that we don't already have. (leave the 4 year old version alone and add something NEW)
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    xparibax said:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand: why are you removing the reward for Defeating Firewing Perk in Forum Malvan after- three, four years now? It's a great piece, a lot of people use it as an alternative to partial masks or as awesome facepaint. What is the harm of leaving it in?

I also don't get this change, why can't you guys just let us continue to use the Firewing head texture?

Telling us that it's being taken away because we weren't supposed to have gotten it in the first place would be an acceptable reason if it had only just been released (like what happened with the Scarlet Shield tights way back), but we've had this piece for years now.

Where's the harm?

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    I, too, like that new dragonhead and I'm sure many players will, too. Good job, guys. But I wish to comment on this:
    kaizerin said:

The Firewing head texture on males has been restricted. This costume was not meant to be freely available to players. Costumes that are already using this texture will retain it. However, if you edit the costume it will remove itself.
    ​​
    This issue has had very negative feedback in Zone and Contests-Central Chat. That shouldn't be surprising and I reckon you already anticipate that backlash, but then I'm curious why your team would think this was a good "fix".

Please re-consider this implementing the above. I suggest not implementing it. This is seriously a non-value added effort. In fact, it seems to be a value-minus effort.

In fact, I reckon the only way this could be received more poorly is if if you removed that option, ONLY to add it LATER as a token vendor item that players had to farm. Players would see through that.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    Can't wait to make a gecko that will save you 15% or more in energy cost and recharge.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited July 2017
    xparibax wrote: »

This was not a reward, it was a accidentally set to be available for male characters. The female versions, chest and legs were always restricted.

While we know this is not a popular decision, and in most cases something like this would not be changed, this being part of an iconic character's getup and only 1 part of the costume being available to 1 gender, are some reasons as to why we're choosing to correct the bug and restrict it.

We can consider adding some freely available other mask options (some have actually been added recently).

And I will reiterate that the texture won't poof on a character as long as that costume isn't edited in the tailor after the texture has been restricted.​​
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Kaiserin I have a question, are there plans to add the upper and lower body textures with the fur pattern that is present on the Paws of the Animal Heads set?
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    Any chance that we will finally finally get the Teleiosaurus dino feet with this pack?

also I have NEVER noticed that the Firewing head was available in tailor before
    qawsada wrote: »
    Yeah I would totally get that head for my alts. The lizard head and the mane aren't too bad, either.
    ZOykCVp.jpg
    To me, The first one looks like a Dolphin! :U

The lion mane is majestic​​
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    avianos said:

To me, The first one looks like a Dolphin! :U

​​

You don't say?

• crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    Seriously Gradii? A list where 1 out of 19 points is garbage and that one doesn't affect you? Maybe, I dunno, try reading the 1st post? 0:)

And now for something more to the point here. The Firewing Mask is not Iconic in the sense Cryptic has used that term in the past. It is, I believe, iconic to the playerbase because it has access to facial options which make it superior to other partial mask options. I would request that it just be adapted so a female option is available....even if I have to unlock the bloody thing a second time.

When it comes to Mr. Firewing....Phoenix Flight is his "Iconic" bit when you get right down to it. Since I do not have this power on PTS I had to use a Legacy Fire Aura and a Fire Wings Aura....but you get the picture. Since he's a "tights hero(villain)" you don't even really see those bits. It's the whole "dude on fire with flaming wings trying to kill you" that's the iconic bit. ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The other stuff looks pretty positive and I'll test it more in the next day or two when I have more time.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    You don't say?
    THIS IS PERFECT!
    3fe.gif
    The set archieved to be creative for Marine mammal as well​​
    I just realized what is the Firewing pattern
    tCjijnI.png

Oh No... this is actually a REALLY popular costume piece and I see it being used very often
    The removal of it is definatly going to cause controversy
    Telling us that it's being taken away because we weren't supposed to have gotten it in the first place would be an acceptable reason if it had only just been released (like what happened with the Scarlet Shield tights way back), but we've had this piece for years now.

Where's the harm?
    I'm glad you brought up the Scarlet Shield issue​​
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The anthro heads are still super good.

rip firewing mask

and

sup gex
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    Is it possible to disclose what this next pack is all about?
    We got a big animal pack a.. year ago? And a lot of other themes have been wholly neglected. A lot of knightly, futuristic, and bestial stuff.
    And if we're having to take the animal route, there are always birds, crustaceans, aquatics and insects to think about, not just mammals and reptiles.

Just concerned! Hope there is room to say more about it!​​
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
    edited July 2017
    iOfxi8j.jpg
    I have a question though, if you're revisiting some of the animal heads, would you be revisiting some of the old one too, like deer and feline, and maybe giving them a Detail > None option, or is that asking too much?

Please tell me, in which category/ies the Lion mane is available?
    I hope its available for BOTH neck accessories and collars for the sake of flexibility
    if it isn't, it should be made, you can archieve some interest combos if you combine it with jackets​​
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    Animal stuff looks good. The lion mane looks a little weird since it actually doesn't wrap around the lion head. It looks more like a foofy collar.

I also hope those mentioned upcoming masks make up for yoinking the Firewing one away from the players. I've only used it a couple times, but I've seen some toons that have it as part of their own iconic look.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    So...could we get the time extended on the Forum alert so that players can actually see Firewing? I've fought him a total of once since it went live.
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    We  really  shouldn't  be  restricting  access  to  costume  parts  that  are  ALREADY  in  use  by  players.

It  shouldn't  matter  that  it  wasn't  MEANT  to  be  used  by  players,  The  fact  is  that  it  currently  is,  whether  intended  or  not,   usable  by  players,  and  is  USED  by  players.

Restricting,  or  shoving  it  behind  a  costume  unlock   (See;   the  Destroid  boots)   doesn't  fix  this, it  just  makes  it  annoying  for  the  player  using  the  costume.
    Post edited by chimerafreek on

So...could we get the time extended on the Forum alert so that players can actually see Firewing? I've fought him a total of once since it went live.

What with power escalation, it's not that hard to reach Firewing.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

We can consider adding some freely available other mask options (some have actually been added recently).

I would really love to see all the face detail options to be added in for all masks in the partial mask category, it seems to me that is the main reason people use the firewing mask and the main reason why people are upset about it being taken away.

edited July 2017
    Suggestion: The New DRAGON SPINES are only available as an attachment top accessory when using the Dragon Head. Please make them (or mirror them) into a normal Top Accessory usable by all heads as you have done for the new DRAGON EARS (which are available for all heads in the Ears category).

Suggestion: The new MANE pieces in the Collar and Neck categories are only using one color channel, please consider weaving more color channels into those pieces.

beezeeze said:

I would really love to see all the face detail options to be added in for all masks in the partial mask category, it seems to me that is the main reason people use the firewing mask and the main reason why people are upset about it being taken away.

It would be glorious if we could have this and yeah, that's why I use it.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Any chance that we will finally finally get the Teleiosaurus dino feet with this pack?

*crossing fingers and toes*​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Yay. More animal stuff...
    RIP Firewing's Mask, you were the best of the best.
    Added Firewing's tights (Partial Mask, Chest, Legs) as a rare reward from Forum Malvanum.
    And these are separate drops i gather?...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    edited July 2017

Suggestion: The New DRAGON SPINES are only available as an attachment top accessory when using the Dragon Head. Please make them (or mirror them) into a normal Top Accessory usable by all heads as you have done for the new DRAGON EARS (which are available for all heads in the Ears category).

Suggestion: The new MANE pieces in the Collar and Neck categories are only using one color channel, please consider weaving more color channels into those pieces.

Strongly seconding this!
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Yay. More animal stuff...
    RIP Firewing's Mask, you were the best of the best.
    Added Firewing's tights (Partial Mask, Chest, Legs) as a rare reward from Forum Malvanum.
    And these are separate drops i gather?...

It's a single costume unlock for all the pieces.​​
    kaizerin said:

It's a single costume unlock for all the pieces.​​

Are we able to simply unlock it on PTS to see it in the tailor?

zrdRBy8.png
    > @pantagruel01 said:
    > So...could we get the time extended on the Forum alert so that players can actually see Firewing? I've fought him a total of once since it went live.
    >
    > What with power escalation, it's not that hard to reach Firewing.

Your experience has differed vastly from mine.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    What with power escalation, it's not that hard to reach Firewing.
    That depends on whether you're doing it with a group of people you know, or pugging it. Pugs almost never reach Firewing, especially when more than one person in the group has a cross or shield by their name.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    aesica said:

That depends on whether you're doing it with a group of people you know, or pugging it. Pugs almost never reach Firewing, especially when more than one person in the group has a cross or shield by their name.​​

A surprising number of pugs manage it, though of course the odds vary depending on which character you bring to the mix.
  • every time i run my 18 characters through FM, only ONE out of those 18 manages to make it past duraclad, maybe two if i'm lucky

last week was actually a (pleasant) abberation, since i manged to see 5-6 characters make it all the way to, and beat, firewing​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • grondgrindergrondgrinder Posts: 19 Arc User
    Clearly, it seems to be a priority to "clean up" old alerts to some extent and this time its Forum Malvanums turn to drop it's pants. I am all for making the end boss of an alert more fluent in its purpose (powerbombing us), but it seems a lot of effort for little return as actually fighting Firewing is a rarity, especially amongst PUGs.

I assume the core concept behind FM is "progressive challenge" but that concept falls flat on it's face becasue the final stage is vastly more easier than stage eight.

I'm with sonofzod on this one. If you wanna show off your fancy new Firewing to the players, rectify stage eight so players can pass it with more regularity and perhaps without the necessity of dedicated DPS kill teams.
    "Thumbs up for the triumph of the human spirit, or thumbs down to summon a day of holocaust that will never end?" - Glorious Godfrey
    It's certainly true that teams that can beat Duraclad are unlikely to have trouble with Firewing.

The obvious solution is to boost the difficulty of stages 9 and 10. :p
    If they extended the timeframe, I would be all for boosting difficulty. I really don't see why the boss fight sections should be a time trial at all.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    The timer really should just go away. DPS check content is pretty much the lowest of the low hanging fruit in terms of challenging players as it is, but having it in pug-based content in particular is atrocious.

Don't get me wrong, WoW-style enrage timers are fine, as their primary purpose is to keep fights from lasting too long rather than to be the primary source of challenge. With Duraclad/Irontok though, that's all they have in terms of challenge. IMO, that's the fight that should be reexamined, since it's pretty much just "hit these giant meat sacks as hard as you can--if you and your team's dpspeen is big enough, you'll win."​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    aesica said:

The timer really should just go away. DPS check content is pretty much the lowest of the low hanging fruit in terms of challenging players as it is, but having it in pug-based content in particular is atrocious.​​

Bear in mind that as far as quest completion goes, you only need to pass something like round 5 or 6 (I forget which). There's no particular reason the difficulty can't just ramp up ridiculously from there, such that nothing but a premade of optimized builds with top-end gear can clear the final stage.

I dislike the timer because FM is (lore-wise) supposed to be entertainment, and a timer fail is just about the least entertaining way to end a gladiatorial fight. I'd probably tweak for something like:
    1. All fights have a respawn lockout (might need to be delayed so people defeated in a prior round have time to respawn).
    2. Late stage bosses have their offense boosted by enough that being defeated is a real risk.
    3. Rather than a hard timer, after a certain amount of time stuff starts happening that will eventually end the fight, such as stacking debuffs on everyone present.
    4. Round 9 should be replaced by something significant. Maybe a nemesis round.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Forum Malvanum needs a miracle overhaul. The whole thing is miles of issues. Not feeling like a gladiatorial arena and having some boring loot sack as the end boss doesn't help. "Boring" isn't a reference to the fight.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    sterga said:

Forum Malvanum needs a miracle overhaul. The whole thing is miles of issues. Not feeling like a gladiatorial arena and having some boring loot sack as the end boss doesn't help. "Boring" isn't a reference to the fight.​​

This.

And  for  crying  out  loud  just  gag  Tateklys  with  his  robes  already.  Those  cutscenes  are  just  annoying.
    Post edited by chimerafreek on
    edited July 2017
    I agree on the subject of FM, the alert is really outdated and time pandering
    I DON'T ask for the alert became easier, I ask for the alert to become LESS GOSH DARN ANNOYING, the cutscenes spam makes me want to shoot myself when I farm Vigilante with multiply characters

Time Limits have no place in Colosseums, I mean really? I see time limit mods on single player games, but those are challenges you unlock after defeating the normal mode

it really needs a revamp, but taken the DEVs time this wont happen any time soon
    just focus on those awesome costume pieces for the time being
    Added Celestial Dragon Horns to the Celestial Dragon unlock.
    Added Hyena and Cat hair as regular hair options from the Animal Pack.
    Its really fascinating that you guys are able to update already existing costume sets and add additional pieces, I have no knowledge of how the CODE works but this is really impressive :+1:​​