test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anti-Grav build

cptmassive1cptmassive1 Posts: 120 Arc User
edited July 2017 in Builds and Roles
I have been asked to share this build. I did not pay attention to the order of choosing the powers but it works and can probably even level. I built it initially for being annoyed at Gravitar but then I also use it in cosmics some (can do everything but solo tank dino - haven't tried Eido). I think it would make a fantastic offtank but haven't tried that either.

It also can piss off OVs - mostly don't need to block. I only do that when they earn it (like announce free tokens and then kill 8 people or something). My link-fu is weak so hopefully the link works.

It is hilarious with acrobatics/beast stance too, especially at minimum toon size.

Chaaaaaaaarliieeeeee (the Unicorn)

Super Stats
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Rockstar (Str: 10, Con: 10, End: 10, Rec: 8)
Level 6: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
Level 9: Enduring (Con: 8)
Level 12: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
Level 15: Paramilitary Training (Str: 3, Con: 3, Rec: 3, End: 3)
Level 18: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Infernal Bolts (Toxin Overload)
Level 1: Devour Essence (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
Level 6: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Will-o'-the-Wisp
Level 11: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 14: Pestilence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Supernatural Power
Level 20: Vicious Cyclone (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
Level 23: Rebirth
Level 26: Antagonize (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Aspect of the Bestial
Level 32: Aggressor (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Masterful Dodge
Level 38: Circle of Primal Dominion (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Rainbow Flight: Cloud (with rainbow stars aura he is "the more you know!")
Level 35: Acrobatics

Specializations
Strength: Swole (2/3)
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Aggression (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Initiative (2/2)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (1/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Elusive (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Gear: all CON. I have one secondary REC mod in a legion piece @48 points. Defense > 500 if you can do it.

Notes: In place of pestilence you could put another AO or even a rez for those who tend to get ded a lot. I just chose it for insult to injury and I have gone back and forth on having this in there.

The advantage on Devour Essence - I don't know if the healing is worth it but aggro was the problem for this tank and this is the main spam attack so I went for damage.

I took Initiative (Vind) because I noticed I ended up using my EB some since I don't have to block anything but the knocks and yellow bubbles and energy is a thing for these powersets. But you could easily take the other 2 ranks of Focused Strikes and it would make sense.

Also I took the EB advantage for fun since I was using EB anyway.

This build can solo Gravitar but I wouldn't recommend it unless everyone else falls in the last 1/3 (where they tend to fall anyway). It takes forever and makes for carpal tunnel. Even in the last 1/3 it takes a while.

I have a mix of Heroic and Legion on this toon but it worked when I had Merc too. I have mostly rank 7 mods. I only have one confront 5 and do not have OV gloves yet. So this build is doable for almost anyone FF.

Thanks - comments / criticisms welcome.

EDIT: It has died in Gravitar, yes, but only when the game cheats. (meaning with whateversome 600% knock resistance and am blocking I get knocked 300 feet and die from falling damage - but hasn't happened in a long time)

Comments

• cptmassive1cptmassive1 Posts: 120 Arc User
    Oh and Life Essense works really well too. I chose DE because it is melee dmg and buffed by STR and Aggressor.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    DE won't proc ur toggle, so that makes building it slow. Also, w/ Supernatural EU, you shouldn't be end building really much at all, though if ur main attack isn't procing the toggle then that can partially explain it. Also would get Brutality instead of Aggressor in Str PSS, and prob max Focused Strikes instead of Modified Gear.

DE tank builds can obv be very good, but having energy issues could hold it back a bit.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    edited July 2017
    I dunno what you mean by "toggle."

END IIRC was set to widen the 15% of max energy needed to proc supernatural power (that 15% being roughly equal to the cost of one tick of DE). I don't recall that he ever runs out of energy spamming DE this way. He does with cyclone over repeated maintains tho.

But the build is centered around max def. (to compensate for regen's lack of DR) and for that aggression helps. The base crit chance is 3.x so it isn't a crit build. I might even swap out ruthless for tenacious as that increases defense.

He does 1500-2000 dps which will be ok except for needing more threat gear if he ever were to be a reliable MT, which wasn't really the goal but I suppose it could happen. Justice gear will really help here also.

EDIT - I just realized I am still confusing epidemic and pestilence. I don't have two passives.
    Post edited by cptmassive1 on
    edited July 2017
    toggle = Aspect of the Bestial

Also, there's no real need to have 2 wide pbAoEs, imo (if you meant to have Epidemic in there). Crit is still a good way to boost dps and threat gen, and it can result in more DE heals anyways. I'd generally avoid making low-crit builds unless they were niche ones using powers that can't crit, but its ur prerogative- I know you only have so many mod slots available, and you can prioritize something else.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    Yeah I was looking for something to put in the place of epidemic - maybe fractal aegis or a second AO.
    Either of those could work, sure. Maybe get Aegis if ur up-close tanking anyways. Its not good for dps, ofc, but its like a semi-AD w/o being on the AD shared cd.