test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Most Ridiculous Fictional Schools

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
What do you think are the top most ridiculous fictional schools? Personally I think Honnoji Academy from Kill la Kill is a strong contender for a top spot.

pxLmcKY​​

Comments

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Assassination Classroom. Who makes a school that teaches kids how to assassinate someone?

...wait, now that I think of it, it's not actually a farfetched idea given how the world is.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Hey, properly educating assassins is important. They learn the skills of proper inhumation, how to make certain of their target before striking, and of course all of the proper etiquette involved. The Assassin's Guild of Ankh-Morpork is one of the most highly-regarded institutions in the city, and not just because badmouthing them can make you a target...

I nominate Xavier's Academy. How are you supposed to get a proper education (and Xavier's Academy for Gifted Students is a fully-accredited school under the laws of the State of New York) when better than half the time your classroom is under attack by giant robots or crazed supervillains? Heck, they used to have an ancient demon-summoning stone out in the woods behind the school - that's gotta cut into your PE time...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Finnish Jedi Adacemy.
    Oh wait...it was supposed to be fictional.
    Nvm.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    Balamb Garden

Ill give you the RWBY series I liked, that school had a bit more explanation, but this one (from FF8) which is supposed to be similar was such a weakly put together story plot school was lame! One scene in the game where they where caught, these npcs while calling themselves special forces) said they where powerless to fight because they didnt have their weapons...a whip...brass knuckles and a flying fidget spinner....

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    Assassination Classroom. Who makes a school that teaches kids how to assassinate someone?

...wait, now that I think of it, it's not actually a farfetched idea given how the world is.

that's technically what the dark brotherhood in elder scrolls is - school, guild and cult all in one​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    Zoom's Academy of Superheroes- Who really wants Tim Allen teaching X-Men? :)
  • Options
    maatmonsmaatmons Posts: 346 Arc User1
    That school from Revolutionary Girl Utena.

The fencing club openly uses a human slave as the prize for their competitions. The only road to or from the school is prowled by a giant death machine. People keep transforming into cars. And all but two characters turn out to have just been scarecrows the whole time.
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    maatmons said:

That school from Revolutionary Girl Utena.

The fencing club openly uses a human slave as the prize for their competitions. The only road to or from the school is prowled by a giant death machine. People keep transforming into cars. And all but two characters turn out to have just been scarecrows the whole time.

sounds like your describing the chaos units from dawn of war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUqdczf3rwE

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    That f*&^ing school in the Silent Hill remake on Wii. I hate that ice statue puzzle -_-"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!