test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Three new powerset ideas and colors.

Hello there!
I have a suggestion for new powersets that in my opinion would be totally awesome and are missing from the game.
The addition of the Vibora bay gang's powers as full powersets in the supernatural branch.
-Voodoo
-Vampire
-Sovergn Sons powers
With full energy builder, ranged, close attacks, shields etc for each of them.
The design is already in the game since they are used by npcs.

And another suggestion would be to add the color white and black for powers. Imagine like pitch black flames or pure white celestial powers for exemple.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    We have voodoo powers, and some sorcery powers can even have their look changed for voodoo.

Vampire powers are mostly bestial.

Sovereign Son powers are basically voodoo stuff and again we have those.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • what would a voodoo EB even be that the already-existing infernal bolt wouldn't make immediately redundant if it were hypothetically added?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    Black and white are not doable as powers in the game because of how the engine processes special effects. This has been explained by developers so many times that I'm surprised we don't have a stickie for it ;)

That aside, I'd be all for new voodoo or vampiric abilities.
  • joebenz#6053 joebenz Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Well they aren't the same at all. I've farmed the vampires for a while now and noticed that their thing is completely different from all we have some powers look like bestial but most of the others are distant. Besides the sovern sons and voodoo stuff have two colors in their powers (purple and green). This would make them unique.

Infernal are poison oriented. they can have some similarities but the differences are there. and it would give much more options for builds and custom profiles

Well they aren't the same at all. I've farmed the vampires for a while now and noticed that their thing is completely different from all we have some powers look like bestial but most of the others are distant. Besides the sovern sons and voodoo stuff have two colors in their powers (purple and green). This would make them unique.

Coloring of a power is not the same as a brand new power. But colors are a tricky business since the engine using a shading system and thus black and white aren't possible as it stands now. However, many of the various powers are actually already player powers now they are just spread around the power sets here and there. We aren't really lacking many, other than maybe a unique animation, like the Trey Kings infernal blasts, basically.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2017

what would a voodoo EB even be that the already-existing infernal bolt wouldn't make immediately redundant if it were hypothetically added?​​

Um.. I guess you could just be throwing voodoo dolls at your target? Ooh! Or the magicians dust thing over and over, that's a voodoo thing, throwing powder at people, right?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Sticking needles in to the voodoo doll energy builder?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • joebenz#6053 joebenz Posts: 9 Arc User

Sticking needles in to the voodoo doll energy builder?

You guys don't seem to get it. I apologize for not having been more precise. When i say voodoo i mean the powers from the trey kings the voodoo guys.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

You guys don't seem to get it. I apologize for not having been more precise. When i say voodoo i mean the powers from the trey kings the voodoo guys.

I think those animations and vfx were added to the infernal set.
    spinnytop said:

I think those animations and vfx were added to the infernal set.
    Most of them were. You have several powers, including ones called voodoo, and again, the voodoo dolls set out by the elites is a costume option for sorcery icons. So it's not exactly like they don't exist already. The only thing not added are the crazy curving fireballs of trey kings which are essentially just reskinned infernal blasts.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

You could do a breath weapon that you blow powder in to some ones face causing confusion, damage or what have you even a charm effect or control for a short time. But as stated above most are already do able in some way with the powers we have.

Pretty sure that's a threat wipe power to.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS