test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Name for a Captain Marvel themed character?

shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
Could use one that is a one word rather than two
|| Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Captaincosmic!
    Shazaboom!
    Mar-Vel!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Lol
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    Maptain Carvel
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    I've seen a dual-homage character out there, someone who supposedly was using a transdimensional viewer to assess the energies in parallel universes, when he accidentally absorbed copies of the energy signatures of the two strongest heroes in one of the universes. He adopted a combination of their names to honor them, as Super-Marvel.

Cool costume, too.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Galacticon

Cosmosis

Solar Sultan = Sultar or Solatar

Imperial
  • Options
    I like Galacticon ;)
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    Captain Justice
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Mazahs
    Zasham
    Captain Mar'bell/Mah'bell
    Commander Miracle/Gaze
    Billy Batson
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    Spartan
    Gladiator
    Legionnaire
    Paladin
    Zealot
    The Sentinel
    Xander
    Valiant
    Salazar

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    Carol Danvers since DC is Shazam now
  • Options
    > @catstarsto said:
    > Spartan
    > Gladiator
    > Legionnaire
    > Paladin
    > Zealot
    > The Sentinel
    > Xander
    > Valiant
    > Salazar

Think I'll use the Valiant name ;)
  • Options

Spartan
    Gladiator
    Legionnaire
    Paladin
    Zealot
    The Sentinel
    Xander
    Valiant
    Salazar

Spartan, Gladiator, Paladin, and Sentinel will almost certainly run afoul of the censor, as those are characters from major publishers. Xander might as well, as that's the name of a character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and a completely unrelated character on Drawn Together.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    edited July 2017
    jonsills said:

Spartan
    Gladiator
    Legionnaire
    Paladin
    Zealot
    The Sentinel
    Xander
    Valiant
    Salazar

Spartan, Gladiator, Paladin, and Sentinel will almost certainly run afoul of the censor, as those are characters from major publishers. Xander might as well, as that's the name of a character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and a completely unrelated character on Drawn Together.
    I was trying to think up something related to Shazzam's Olympian era powers, so i drew from my AD&D names resources. Xander was the name of a Monk character someone in our group used to play. But they do go overboard with the censoring, at least no ones copy-writing the letters of the alphabet ....yet!

EDIT: "what do you mean I dont have permission to use that name, its my real name?"

"Its a named used by a disney/marvel character im afraid yo will have to given a new name before we can accept
    your signature."

D:

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    CaptainCostumbeennerfedyo
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    nepht said:

CaptainCostumbeennerfedyo

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    jonsills said:

I don't think the auto-censor is quite that fussy. Mostly it's just leftover Marvel blocks from when this was a Marvel game.

EDIT: Just went and checked. All five of those names are allowed.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options

jonsills said:

I don't think the auto-censor is quite that fussy. Mostly it's just leftover Marvel blocks from when this was a Marvel game.

EDIT: Just went and checked. All five of those names are allowed.

Huh. That's weird. Partly because Gladiator, Paladin, and Sentinel are all Marvel characters, and Gladiator and Paladin are (or at least were) pretty well-known among the fandom.

Well, I'm sure not going to bring that to anyone's attention (as I have precisely zero fear that anyone who cares is reading these forums...).

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    None of them are really "big names" as far as trademark protection goes, though. Gladiator's either a minor villain or a Superman knock-off, Paladin's almost obscure by this point, and Sentinels are villain machines. Those kinds of trademarks are mostly about what you can use as a comic book title, otherwise the names themselves are common words that would have to be accompanied by a similar appearance to be a violation.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png