test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

IMO Dino doesn't have to lock out travel powers.

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
I think having travel powers while fighting Dino would be okay, and might actually make the fight more fun while not necessarily making it easier. If kiting dino is an issue, having its spit apply NTTG could solve that problem. Now for how travel powers would effect everyone else:

Tanks: Not much of an impact here since we wouldn't want the tanks moving much anyways. They would likely stay put.

Melee DPS: Melee are unlikely to move around much, since getting out of mom's aoe is unlikely, and inefficient. Moving to get out of baby's aoe? Maybe, and wouldn't that be fun? Effectively, running out of the aoe is the same as blocking it, except that it's more difficult and you don't take blocked damage - more risk, more reward. Also, some melee dps could fly to avoid being smooshed together as melee dps often are.

Ranged DPS: Ranged dps would potentially use their travel powers to run out of mom's aoe, instead of blocking it, but again doesn't that sound fun? Same as melee, running out is essentially the same as blocking, just minus the blocked damage.

Healers: Not much change here, healers would be unlikely to move around a except maybe when using pbaoe heals.

So overall the primary effect is that dps players would sometimes use movement instead of blocking to avoid the aoes, which would be more fun for some people, and melee would be less crowded which I'm sure a lot of melee players would appreciate. So how about flipping that NTTG flag off on everything but the spit attack? :)

Comments

• rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    NTTG doesn't even apply to the furthermost point of the AoE, it only reaches about 100ft out of ~150ft range.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    The rain of bodies from flying DPS would be fun.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    But we flew and we liked it!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The main consequence of dino not knocking out travel powers is that the melee dps would have enough space and be much less likely to be bumped into tail or bite.

The only mechanic Kigatilik has that really calls for knocking out travel powers is his ice tomb -- free use of travel powers would result in tombs in inaccessible positions, and also in people who are out of range of tomb explosions.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

The main consequence of dino not knocking out travel powers is that the melee dps would have enough space and be much less likely to be bumped into tail or bite.

The only mechanic Kigatilik has that really calls for knocking out travel powers is his ice tomb -- free use of travel powers would result in tombs in inaccessible positions, and also in people who are out of range of tomb explosions.

so logically, Ice Tombs should: 1) actually have NttG, and 2) Not float in the air the precise way that bricks do not.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.